Wrestling World Championships in Kazakhstan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
    Reza Yazdani is injured again man ? If he was a bit luckier in his career nobodY would beat him
    Yazdani vs Sadulaev was my Dream Matchup, unfortunately he got injured...

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
      Actually they did better than expectations. it could be much better but some of our wrestlers got robbed. some of them made silly mistakes. but this tournament gave hope to everybody that we will do much better next year in the Olympics. most of them are very young.

the biggest surprise was Nejati at 60kg. he was last year World Junior bronze medalist. he had to beat some tough wrestlers to win the bronze.
      another surprise was Hadi Saravi, yes he failed to win the quota (or medal) mostly because he had a very tough draw and he got robbed in the repechage against the Turkish wrestler. but considering he is still very new to this weight and he is probably 10kg lighter than his opponents he did great. give him a year to fit more into this weight, I actually consider him a huge medal chance for Tokyo.
      Ramin Taheri at 87kg also got robbed against the German. Saravi and Taheri most probably have no problem to win the quota in Asian Olympic qualifier but 67kg is the weakest link the team.

just for info. there are 6 Olympic weights, we won the quota in 3 of them (60, 77 and 130) and there 2 more tournaments left for 3 remaining weight classes.

Thanks. Well these are some good stuff to look forward to.
      Annoying part is the “robbery” as usual.

Lets hope for more medals at Freestyle.
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
        Unfortunately, I had no chance to watch any of the matches, only saw the results.
        So, we got three Bronze medals out of the Greco comptetion. Nejati, Geraei, Abdevali.
        And overall Iran landed at 4th spot in team competition.

Those who watched, how did our guys do overall? Was it all they could do, or should have done better?
        How do you feel now about these wrestlers (those, who qualified) going into Olympics?

Freestyle will start soon, hope we do better.
        I watched every single match involving Iranians.

There were no expectations as Irannn said so 3 bronze medals isn't too bad. Abdevali was disappointing. He could have easily won the gold if he focused on wrestling instead of arguing with the ref.I was also expecting more from Geraei who is my favorite Greco wrestler.
        The young kids were promising. And yes we were robbed in at least 2 matches.

I am expecting 2 medals (not gold) from this team in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
          Have we won any matches against any amrikai yet?
          Yanks are hopeless in Greco-Roman.

Once Freestyle starts, that will be when Iranians will face the Yanks and recently Yanks have been winning alot over Iranians

Comment

Experts please how does our projection for overall medals in all sports for tokyo 2020 look like?

Right now 1-2 golds? 2 silver? 4-5 bronze?

Comment

To be honest it's a bit early to tell right now. Let's see how Yazdani does as he hasn't wrestled all that much this year. But based on past form and the field he is probably our only prospect for wrestling gold in Tokyo. If we're fortunate I'd predict 1 x gold (yazdani), possibly 1 x silver (karimi) and a 2-3 bronze medals (across greco and freestyle).

Whilst you might typically expect all the best wrestlers to compete at the WC that isn't always the case and a lot can change between now and the Olympics (e.g. David Taylor from the USA may be fit by then and he's had the upper hand recently over the Golden Boy).
              “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                Reza Yazdani is injured again man ? If he was a bit luckier in his career nobodY would beat him
                Indeed ... I saw him wrestle Gadisov at 2012 which in my opinion was arguably the FINAL which he won but he got injured and had to forfeit later. His best days are over which is a shame as the guy was a fucking tank!!!
                “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by khosro View Post
                  To be honest it's a bit early to tell right now. Let's see how Yazdani does as he hasn't wrestled all that much this year. But based on past form and the field he is probably our only prospect for wrestling gold in Tokyo. If we're fortunate I'd predict 1 x gold (yazdani), possibly 1 x silver (karimi) and a 2-3 bronze medals (across greco and freestyle).

Whilst you might typically expect all the best wrestlers to compete at the WC that isn't always the case and a lot can change between now and the Olympics (e.g. David Taylor from the USA may be fit by then and he's had the upper hand recently over the Golden Boy).
                  whats your projection for iran for all sports right now? you are the nr 1 projection man right now on olympics

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                    Experts please how does our projection for overall medals in all sports for tokyo 2020 look like?

Right now 1-2 golds? 2 silver? 4-5 bronze?
                    Well our Wrestlers will struggle and surely as you said probably grab 1 or 2 Golds at the very best.

Iran Judo Federation is suspended, some Judokas prior to that had left the Team, some were abroad training in MMA and were thinking of returning to Iran to prepare for the Olympics. So any hopes of first medal in Judo is shattered.

The usual Weightlifting and Taekwondo teams might grab some medals in various colors. In Athletics, Ehsan Haddadi might win a medal for us.

The Olympic games being hosted in Tokyo, having Karate for the first time is very good for Iran and we all can hope for some Gold, Silver and Bronze medals

Comment

hasan yazadani and reza yazdani are they in the competition?

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                        hasan yazadani and reza yazdani are they in the competition?
                        hasan is ofcourse. favorite to win gold but he is beatable

Comment

iran made 2 semis today in freestyle

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                            whats your projection for iran for all sports right now? you are the nr 1 projection man right now on olympics
                            I follow wrestling fairly closely but cannot comment on the rest. I've no doubt that other better informed guys can advise on other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              Have we won any matches against any amrikai yet?

Also Karimi has reached the final his opponent is African-American.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_W...reestyle_92_kg

Comment

why our Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestlers lost to Cubans throughout this championship!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X