Who had the better career at Bayern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who had the better career at Bayern?

Purely looking at numbers Karimi has the edge. He lasted two years while Daei and Hashemian departed after one. Karimi has 42 games for them and 4 goals and 4 assists, Daei has 32 games and 6 goals, and Hashemian has 15 games and 1 goal.
    Numbers aside I think Karimi fit in the best, mainly because of his position. If you are a forward there are only 1 or 2 spots on the field for the player while a midfielder has more opportunities to be somewhere on the field depending on the formation. So in that sense I think Karimi had the best career at Bayern amongst the 3 of them. Given his low goal to game ratio is, Daei's time there was average to bad. I consider Hashemian a flop there.

Keep in mind I am not talking about their overall level but just how their career was during their time at Bayern.

What are your thoughts?
    Daei - Hashemian - Karimi
    0%
    Daei - Karimi - Hashemian
    0%
    Hashemian - Daei - Karimi
    0%
    Hashemian - Karimi -Daei
    0%
    Karimi - Daei - Hashemian
    0%
    Karimi - Hashemian - Daei
    0%
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Karimi had the most impact with Bayern. He played in crucial moments and helped steer the team to a Bundesliga title.
    Daei was just okay at best there. Hashemian was a flop

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      Karimi had the most impact with Bayern. He played in crucial moments and helped steer the team to a Bundesliga title.
      Daei was just okay at best there. Hashemian was a flop
      I wouldn't put too much emphasis in winning the title. It's Bayern so winning a title is the norm.

The duration of their stay is more telling. For Karimi they chose to keep him after seeing him the first year. They chose not to for Daei or Hashemian although again teams keep less forwards than midfielders so that may have been the reason.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Karimi was given chance after chance after chance, and scored how many goals total? Also, I'm pretty sure Karimi started matches a lot more than Daei, since he was seen as the new Ballack of the team. Definitely Daei first- he scored 6 goals in one season. Hashemian had one goal, which came at the end of a 6-1 or 7-1 drubbing, but he wasn't given any chances. Daei-Karimi-Hash in that order is the correct order.

Comment

Originally posted by JaanevarAjeeb View Post
          Karimi was given chance after chance after chance, and scored how many goals total? Also, I'm pretty sure Karimi started matches a lot more than Daei, since he was seen as the new Ballack of the team. Definitely Daei first- he scored 6 goals in one season. Hashemian had one goal, which came at the end of a 6-1 or 7-1 drubbing, but he wasn't given any chances. Daei-Karimi-Hash in that order is the correct order.
          Goals are not the measuring stick of who's the "better player".. Karimi definitely had a more "all around" impact than Daei did.

That's like saying a player like Ansarifard is better than a player like Jalal Hosseini just because of goals lol, doesn't work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JaanevarAjeeb View Post
            That is the definition of having a more successful career. For a forward scoring one goal every 5 games is a horrible average. Especially when those supplying you with opportunities up front are Bayern's midfield.

Comment

Thomas Mullah

Comment

It all depends on your definition of a good career.

1. Making more money?
                2. Getting more playing time?
                3. Scoring more goals?
                4. Becoming more famous, making a name for himself and the country?
                5. Progressing as a player?

I don't remember how much money they all made but if you consider all the other points, Karimi is inferior to Daei in all departments but number 2 (Hashemian doesn't even count). I voted Karimi-Daei-Hashemian but after seeing the above points myself, I think I made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  4. Being influential in winning important games against big teams like Chelsea and AC Milan?
                  That was when he (Daei) played at Hertha Berlin not Bayern!
                  The question was about his career at Bayern.
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                    That was when he (Daei) played at Hertha Berlin not Bayern!
                    The question was about his career at Bayern.
                    You're absolutely right. Thank you for the heads up.

I will edit my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      It all depends on your definition of a good career.
                      1. Making more money?
                      2. Getting more playing time?
                      3. Scoring more goals?
                      4. Becoming more famous, making a name for himself and the country?
                      5. Progressing as a player?
                      I don't remember how much money they all made but if you consider all the other points, Karimi is inferior to Daei in all departments but number 2 (Hashemian doesn't even count). I voted Karimi-Daei-Hashemian but after seeing the above points myself, I think I made a mistake.
                      For the most part it's number 2. After that number 5 and then 4. Number 1 doesn't play a role, after all the Chinese league pays plenty but it's a horrible career move. Number 3 is only applicable to forwards (or at least players playing the same position but not for comparing forwards to midfielders) and in fact for forwards it would be one of the main criteria.

If you feel you voted wrong, you can unvote and vote again.

Also I'm curious to know why someone considered Hashemian's time at Bayern better than Daei's unless they voted as a joke.

Comment

Karimi has impressive performances pretty much every time he put on a Bayern shirt so from that perspective he was the most successful IMO but from a statistical standpoint I’m pretty sure daie had 8-9 goals in like 26-27 games which is a very solid record especially for someone like him who didn’t start in many of those caps. His one season with Bayern was good too
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          Karimi has impressive performances pretty much every time he put on a Bayern shirt so from that perspective he was the most successful IMO but from a statistical standpoint I’m pretty sure daie had 8-9 goals in like 26-27 games which is a very solid record especially for someone like him who didn’t start in many of those caps. His one season with Bayern was good too
                          Daei had 6 goals in 32 games for Bayern. That's about a goal once every 5 games. For a forward I would not consider that a good record.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            Daei had 6 goals in 32 games for Bayern. That's about a goal once every 5 games. For a forward I would not consider that a good record.
                            6? Is that only league games?

Also how many of those 32 caps were substitute appearances? I’d be willing to bet close to half of them were
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              For the most part it's number 2. After that number 5 and then 4. Number 1 doesn't play a role, after all the Chinese league pays plenty but it's a horrible career move. Number 3 is only applicable to forwards (or at least players playing the same position but not for comparing forwards to midfielders) and in fact for forwards it would be one of the main criteria.

If you feel you voted wrong, you can unvote and vote again.

Also I'm curious to know why someone considered Hashemian's time at Bayern better than Daei's unless they voted as a joke.
                              Well then even if you count only number 2, 4 and 5, Daei would win 4 and 5 whereas Karimi would be superior only at 2. So I will go with Daei first.
                              ps. didn't know about that unvoting option. Done.

Comment

Working...
                              X