Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    Davy Propper, signed from PSV Eindhoven at the start of last season, said: "It's still the same as the first few matches I came here.

"It's a difficult transition, a lot more physical and quicker.

"You had time to control the ball (in Holland) and here you get smashed!

"That's the big difference. I am used to it now, maybe not to getting smashed, but thinking quicker and acting quicker."

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/172...remier-league/
    One main thing is that Alireza has yet to transform. He needs a few more months, which means until the end of the season to show growth. Hopefully he can transition with a full off-season of workouts and be fully prepared next season for the physicality.

Comment

Its a more physical transition for sure for a technically gifted player like Alireza, but he will adjust more and his progression as a player will be evident when he plays for Iran. It is not a secret that Brighton aren’t a Top club in the Premier League. But they are not an easy opponent and fighting against the Top 5 clubs of that league proved to be beneficial for any player from any country.

I’m wishing him a speedy recovery and hope he can make the Chelsea match as his coach has stated.

Comment

https://www-brightonandhoveindepende...lsea-1-8731223

He'll be back in contention for the chelsea game

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The average Albion fan spend £32 per matchday at the Amex
          Speaking of the price of Bovril, the Albion’s matchday income last season came in at £18.5m which worked out around £32 per fan per home game. That represents a 25% increase from the Championship promotion season despite there being four less home games. This is due to an increase in ticket prices and around 3,000 being added to the average attendance. In terms of the Premier League as a whole, that puts the club in the top 10 for match day income, ahead of established top flight teams such as Everton and the 2016 champions, Leicester City. Keep buying those pints, people. (dubious claims esp cf Everton?)

http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopi...ason-accounts/

NB: These figures wll probably put Brighton & Hove Albion in the top 40 clubs in the world for turnover w/o selling any players.

Comment

Speaking of the price of Bovril, the Albion’s matchday income last season came in at £18.5m which worked out around £32 per fan per home game. That represents a 25% increase from the Championship promotion season despite there being four less home games. This is due to an increase in ticket prices and around 3,000 being added to the average attendance. In terms of the Premier League as a whole, that puts the club in the top 10 for match day income, ahead of established top flight teams such as Everton and the 2016 champions, Leicester City. Keep buying those pints, people. (dubious claims esp cf Everton?)

NB: These figures wll probably put Brighton & Hove Albion in the top 40 clubs in the world for turnover w/o selling any players.
            Good to hear that on a business level they are doing a good job!

Comment

I bet there was an uptick in income this year due to AJ16 jersey sales...I alone bought two!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                I bet there was an uptick in income this year due to AJ16 jersey sales...I alone bought two!
                Indeed! I bought 4!

Comment

Clubs actually don't make much off of Jersey sales, the kit manufacturer takes in around 90-95% of what the jersey sells for.

Comment

To fans from Brighton.

Just came across this: http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopi...s-arent-happy/

"Virtually all of the haters of the rainbow badge hail from Iran, South African and Romania"

None of those names in their collage of facebook posts are Iranian. Not a single name. I mean WTF?

Iran's government has a problem with gay people, but why is this site smearing Iran's people?

"While the supporters of Jahanbakhsh, Tau and Andone might want to stone any gay people to death or think “faggots have no place in football”,"

This is a really disgusting comment about supporters of JB, who will be of all sexualities and genders. Don't know where or how to give feedback but whoever wrote this is a wrong 'un who just wants to divide people.

Comment

Their twitter address is: https://twitter.com/wearebrighton

Here is another article: http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopi...llowers-again/

Again, none of their quotes are from Iranians, yet they say:

"If supporters of Jahanbakhsh, Tau and Andone find our football club disgusting and hope that we go back to the Championship because of it (Anifowoshay Olalekan), then we’d politely suggest they don’t follow Brighton and Hove Albion. We don’t want you having anything to do with our team and we certainly won’t miss you."

Comment

These guys are just racists I think. Because there aren't any Romanians in those quotes either, but to them all foreigners are the same. Otherwise if they were going to single out Romania and Iran constantly in the text of both articles, and say some pretty extreme things about JB and Andone's fans, they should have put at least one quote in their photo collage from those two countries...

Comment

Here is my prediction (starting Xl):

----------------Murray-------------------
                          ----------------Gross------------------
                          March-Bissouma- Propper- Knockeart
                          Bernardo- Dunk- Balogun- Bruno
                          ----------------Ryan-----------------------

Subs:
                          1st to come on: Izquierdo
                          2nd to come on: Andone
                          3rd to come on: Jahanbakhsh (5 mins?)

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                            Indeed! I bought 4!

Just found out my GF bought me a AJ16 jersey for XMAS!!! I'm so excited but i cant let her know that i found out!

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
                              Just found out my GF bought me a AJ16 jersey for XMAS!!! I'm so excited but i cant let her know that i found out!
                              haha what a great gf you have! Show us some photos of the jersey when you do get it, please!

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
                                Put a ring on it, but don't tell WeAreBrighton.com, they don't want "iranian" fans like Muhammad Shahid, Mohammed Kassem, Salah Eddene, Fatuwa Drambi, Ibrahim Hema, Anouar Kedadi, Ichlasul Amal, Anis Messaid

Comment

Working...
                                X