Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brighton about to lose to shitty Southampton

Comment

Supposedly was a goalie mistake. It’s good that he has got 90 mins run out in a competitive first team match, hopefully made a good impression but he has played with other players trying to gain fitness and squad players so this was always going to be a difficult match.

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
        Brighton about to lose to shitty Southampton
        I’m not really surprised.

We’ve given 3 youth players debuts, we’re playing a full-back at centre back, an attacking midfielder as a holding midfielder and played a different formation to normal. Obviously been used as a game to try new stuff out and give players on the fringe a chance to impress.

I’d hazard a guess that our starting XI have played less than 70 Premier League games between them, whilst the Southampton team had a lot of experience with players like Yoshida, Davis, Romeu & Ward-Prowse. Despite losing there’s a lot of positives to take from the performance.

Comment

The Brighton fans over at northstandchat do not seems bothered with that Cup, it's not the FA Cup. Southampton fielded a strong lineup, Brighton only fielded one starter from the Liverpool game, and that was Bissouma.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            A goal here and he could earn a start at the weekend. Come on, man.

Yeah, Euston being shut has messed me up as I'm comin from MK. Will look into the P&R, cheers.
            Ah Euston being shut is a pain. Know it would make it take a lot longer but you probably could go via Bedford to St.Pancreas and then get a tube down to Victoria. Saying that it’s probably not worth the extra hassle for you.

Comment

EFL Cup is not a prestigious cup, BHA took the chance to test and experiment with the squad tonight. Good that Alireza got a full 90 mins against a Premier League side using a lot of its first team players. Also BHA had a chance to throw a few U23's in for their first team debut.

Comment

Does anyone know if our boy played well?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                  I think the commentator said something about him playing poorly this game, sadly.

But he was involved in some attacks and I think he had a shot on goal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                      Ah Euston being shut is a pain. Know it would make it take a lot longer but you probably could go via Bedford to St.Pancreas and then get a tube down to Victoria. Saying that it’s probably not worth the extra hassle for you.
                      You're a beautiful man, turns out that only takes 2.5 hours which beats whatever route nationalrail was sending me. May well do that 🍻

Comment

You're a beautiful man, turns out that only takes 2.5 hours which beats whatever route nationalrail was sending me. May well do that 🍻

there are trains (i think southern) from MK to clapham then you have to switch at clapham to a train to brighton, has more stops than virgin to euston and adds like 45 min

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                          I'm just back from the game. He did okay but he didn't do anything that made you think he has to start in the first team on Saturday. He did nothing wrong, he just didn't provide an attacking spark that made you think he could make something happen. If you simply judged his performance tonight on his price tag, you'd be disappointed. That would obviously be a daft thing to do, but I can imagine some people were hoping to be excited by his performance.

That said, the entire game lacked tempo, it felt like pre-season. That is inevitable I guess when you make 10 changes to the team and only 13,000 are at the game. I think that lack of intensity didn't help, as the game never really opened up to allow situations in which a winger can be effective. Also I felt like we didn't really use him, or Gyokeres on the other wing enough. For whatever reason, whether it was the wide players positioning, the opponents depth, or whatever the times either of the wide players could pick up the ball between the lines and make something happen was very limited.

So sadly, nothing to getting excited about tonight but it was a nothing game so you really can't and shouldn't take too much from it other than it's a another 90 minutes in his legs, another opportunity to learn a little bit about his team mates and english football. He will still get his chance to impress coming off the bench in the coming games and that'll be the true test.

Comment

^thats really what my experience with him has been for TM. With the exception of Dutch football he seems to fade a lot. Hopefully he turns it on for BHAFC.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

You may already know this but the Thameslink trains from Bedford go direct to Brighton, so you don't have to faff about getting a tube to Victoria. For example the 09:49 from Bedford arrives into Brighton at 12:12 (2 hours 23) whilst the 10:12 (change st Panc, tube to Victoria) arrives 12:37 (2 hours 25).

I wouldn't advise getting to Brighton station any later than 2pm for the trains to Falmer. It gets very busy. Personally, I prefer to head to Falmer a bit earlier, miss the chaos at the station and enjoy a beer outside the ground. Be prepared for a long queue to the platform for the trains back after the match. Generally the queue look worse than it is, they cram a lot of people onto the trains. If you want to avoid that the concourses and Dicks Bar are open after the game, so you can have a drink at the stadium and walk down to a train without queuing if you're not in a rush to get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post

I wouldn't advise getting to Brighton station any later than 2pm for the trains to Falmer. It gets very busy. Personally, I prefer to head to Falmer a bit earlier, miss the chaos at the station and enjoy a beer outside the ground. Be prepared for a long queue to the platform for the trains back after the match. Generally the queue look worse than it is, they cram a lot of people onto the trains. If you want to avoid that the concourses and Dicks Bar are open after the game, so you can have a drink at the stadium and walk down to a train without queuing if you're not in a rush to get home.
                                Endorse this strongly, arrive at Brighton Station at least one hour before KO to make sure you do not miss the start. I usually aim to get to Brighton Station an hour and a quarter before KO to make sure. Don't be put off by the queues. Last Premier League match they put on an 12 coach special in addition to the normal trains with extra carriages. Standing with no room mostly.

Comment

Working...
                                X