• Show
Clear All

Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Millwall view;
    https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball...3/#post-466132

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
      Needs more courage ?!
      Specifically, on this Brighton team and current system of play, partially, yes. But I think the other important factor is being on a team that emphasizes free fluid attacking play that doesn't require as much defensive responsibilities.

Brighton and TM employ similar defensive tactics, and hence, he doesn't particularly shine.

So he either has to play with more courage (which can increase over time), or he needs to play on a different team.

Comment

Watched as much of the match as I could today but had family commitments. What I saw Brighton were really poor from Ryan
        All the way up to Murray.
        The conditions in the second half looked horrendous and The Den is a notoriously hard place to play at

Comment

Originally posted by SOLEIMAN View Post
          hey guys i try to watch high lights of the game did not see ARJ at all. can anyone tell me if he started? what is the deal?
          He started and played just under 70 min. Was largely a ghost today. Had 1 or 2 nice linkups and a few poor ones

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Back from the dead

Summary: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/foo...auKzIxXQxcYnm8

Comment

Stats etc: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13...lwall-Brighton

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                Omg offside call but bhafc scored a clear on side call! Ref has been atrocious!!!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
                Sian Massey on the line. Been a big problem with her flag before.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                  ARJ is a contextual player; meaning he needs to be in the proper offensive system with good teammates for him to shine. There's nothing wrong with that. He's not an individualistic player to try and take over the game.

This is the same reason why he didn't particularly stand out during TM games with CQ. He's also a very humble player, doesn't wanna step on anyone's toes, doesn't wanna mess up. That makes him play less free and relaxed, hence, the rushed passes and touches you see at times.

Again, his individual skills are unquestionable. I admire his ambition and hard-work for playing in the EPL, he still needs more time.
                  He and the team need to know two things:
                  1) He is being played in the wrong position and now you're asking a player to adapt to a new league and a new position which is even harder as a winger when on non-dominant side
                  2) He needs to run all out at all times, his jogging is tactical but comes across to the fans as "laziness" and it doesn't matter how good you are if the fans don't like you you will go

Comment

JB had a shockingly bad game. Guardian commentator called him 'nonsense'

he can get away with playing with good workrate and defensive duties when Brighton is the weaker team but when they are attaking, JB must really do better and influence the play.

he was rubbish yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                      JB had a shockingly bad game. Guardian commentator called him 'nonsense'
                      he can get away with playing with good workrate and defensive duties when Brighton is the weaker team but when they are attaking, JB must really do better and influence the play.
                      he was rubbish yesterday
                      Brighton WAS NOT that attacking yesterday. Most of the game it looked like Millwall was the premier league team vs Brighton as a Sky Bet One team.
                      The whole team was bad, and I suspect it's because the switched tactics for this game. When they went for 4-4-2 the dominance came back to Brighton later with the Locadia and March sub.

Comment

yeah the whole team was bad.

but my point is if JB wants a career in the PL, he must takes games like this by the scruff and put in a good offensive performance.
                        he spends majority of his time in the PL defending and pressing, so it is in games like this where he can show that he is a top player and a top winger.
                        instead he looked lost, too many mistakes and not influential at all.

Brighton is overall a pretty shit team but there is no sign that JB is any better than the rest of the lot

Comment

I only watched from minute 50 and when he was subbed off the commentator said: 'the sub that we expected, he's been really poor since joining and a goal for his country is all that he's done this season' something along those lines.. I still believe in him and he did look good in the last couple of matches so fingers crossed he will keep his spot especially against weaker oppositions.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

I only watched from minute 50 and when he was subbed off the commentator said: 'the sub that we expected, he's been really poor since joining and a goal for his country is all that he's done this season' something along those lines.. I still believe in him and he did look good in the last couple of matches so fingers crossed he will keep his spot especially against weaker oppositions.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

His team sucks from what I've seen and heard but let's be honest there's only so much further you can go with hard work and dedication which I think has been the case for AJ.

I've never considered him as one of the naturally talented guys, at best he's mediocre. He got lucky and took his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                He started and played just under 70 min. Was largely a ghost today. Had 1 or 2 nice linkups and a few poor ones
                                Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                                ARJ did not do enough to warrant inclusion in the Albion side, on that performance and recent games falling below Locadia, Andone, Knockaert, March, Bissouma, all of whom should start ahead of him on match day merit.

ARJ failed to grab his opportunity against a deep defence, when the match was always going to be decided by a flash of skill, error forced by persistence or the rub of the green. Courage.

Addenda: https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/175...layer-ratings/
                                Last edited by Perseus; 03-18-2019, 09:00 AM. Reason: Addenda:

Comment

Working...
                                X