No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great victory for Naft, BUT let's not overestimate our opponent, a 2.5 star team on FIFA.
    Support Iran until the end

Comment

2 wins, 2 losses, and 2 draws against the Saudis.

It's Even Steven for now.

Let's go Persepolis and Foolad!!

Comment

Al-Nassr Fans on twitter posting photos of Saddam Hussain and threatening Perspolis
        with hashtag: #پرسپولیس_ملی

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          Still it is hard to compare our teams with Japanese. We hardly play any matches against them. I personally think their clubs are stronger than us. Diego Forlan is playing along Aria Hasegawa in second division J league! From what I have observed we got used to play with Arabs all the time and our performance against them is better than Japanese or Korean teams against Arabs.

We need to break this West vs East division rules in AFC. We need to play against better quality Korean, Japanese and Australian teams once in a while to measure our team abilities. Playing against Arabs all the time makes our teams weak and with no motivation. We need to see some crushing defeats to feel the needs to build up our teams to higher levels.
          Yeah totally agree with you that the East West division is ridiculous. Even if they were going to split the group stage to East/West, they should have mixed it up at least in the knockout round. But that's AFC for you - no common sense whatsoever. I mean who splits an annual continental championship into two separate years in the 1st place?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
            Yeah totally agree with you that the East West division is ridiculous. Even if they were going to split the group stage to East/West, they should have mixed it up at least in the knockout round. But that's AFC for you - no common sense whatsoever. I mean who splits an annual continental championship into two separate years in the 1st place?!
            how do you expect middle eastern clubs to win/play if we get grouped with Japanese, Chinese and Australian Clubs where we have to travel 14 hours to play one game every other week...

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
              how do you expect middle eastern clubs to win/play if we get grouped with Japanese, Chinese and Australian Clubs where we have to travel 14 hours to play one game every other week...
              We can extend the duration of the tournament so that there is more time to travel for matchdays

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                We can extend the duration of the tournament so that there is more time to travel for matchdays
                I'm sorry but the logistics make this impossible. The current format is pretty acceptable, the only way it could get better is if it gets split across one season rather than two. East/West in Group Stage...then we can mix it up in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                  Sorry, I was missing a "not" in my post as far as the group stage. It does make sense to split the group stage to East/West for the reason you mentioned, but if they did it in the round of 16, it's 1 game per year with a longer trip for teams that make that stage.

The teams that make the quarterfinals have a 50% chance of having an extra long trip and the same thing with the semis and the final. They could have even started the interplay in the quarterfinals to reduce the chances.

I'm sure no team who makes it to the final would mind 1 or 2 longer trips per year. The travel time in the plane is really a negligible part of setting up an away camp which is usually 3-5 days total.

Comment

Reports say 80k fans in the stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Shah Abbas View Post
                      Reports say 80k fans in the stadium
                      I didn't know we were playing Afghanistan again.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I thought that Brazilian dude were injurred, for 5 weeks? Is it that long time ago?

Comment

Is my nigga Branko on the PP sideline?

Comment

Talk about inconsistent performances... Remember Al-Sadd beat Lokomotiv Tashkent 6-2 at home three weeks ago? Well, Lokomotiv just beat them 5-0 in the return leg!!! That made Foolad's group a little more even.

Comment

I love how derakshan leaving results in a packed azadi
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

PP off to a TERRIBLE start

Comment

Working...
                                X