Abedzadeh PK Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abedzadeh PK Stats

Are there any stats on how many penalty kicks Abedzadeh has faced (whether for club or country) and how many of them he saved? I'm really tempted to say almost half of the pks he faced were not converted. Of the ones that were not converted the first ones I remember were in 1987 in some weird tournament final between Isfahan and Fars districts where 2pks were not converted (1 saved by him, 1 hit high).
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

his intelligence in reading his opponents thoughts and his immense composure and cold-calm temperament came quiet handy in high stress PK situations..!!
    that Asian cup highlight video in the other thread had a nice compilation of him totally psyching Kuwaiti players during pk and saving a bunch of pks..!!
    i became a TM fan as he entered the twilight of his career, cant say i remember too much more from him pre WC 98

ice-man highlights min 1:50

Comment

I was looking into this again as to how many he has saved. The ones I can recall are the from province tournament I mentioned above, 3 in the 1988 Asian Championship (1 against the 8-0ers, 2 against China), 2 in the 1990 Asian Games (against North Korea), 4 in the 1996 Asian Championship (2 against the 8-0ers, 2 against kuwait). In the semifinals of the 1991 national championship he saved a few against Pas. Pas missed all 3 of their kicks although I'm not sure how many of them were saved by him.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        his intelligence in reading his opponents thoughts and his immense composure and cold-calm temperament came quiet handy in high stress PK situations..!!
        that Asian cup highlight video in the other thread had a nice compilation of him totally psyching Kuwaiti players during pk and saving a bunch of pks..!!
        i became a TM fan as he entered the twilight of his career, cant say i remember too much more from him pre WC 98

ice-man highlights min 1:50
        Just on the side note....

2 of the most beautiful goals TM scored were against South Korea in 2004, min 04:06. You don't find such goals being scored by TM players today.

1st goal: Just look at Mahdavikia's fantastic long pass (no one, not even Jahanbakhsh's passes comes close) and then Kaebi's speed and his pass in an extremely difficult situation. and finally Karimi's positioning and flawless jump and shot with his head. The whole scenario was just world class.

2:nd goal: Again Mahdavikia's impeccable long pass and again Karimi's positioning and shot with his head in an extremely difficult situation (between 2 Korean defenders). Again world class.

Sorry for the deviation KC jan.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          Who is Iran playing against here?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Who is Iran playing against here?
            China, 1988 Asian Championship.

Comment

Working...
            X