Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th league goal for Mehdi, wonderful stuff for a first season. Clearly not a bad penalty taker either as you can see.

Comment

Damn that was a good match!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        got a vid of PK ?
        not in the middle again..? did he?
        hammered it in the very corner. Keeper went right way and still couldnt get close

Comment

I'm very glad I watched this game today.

Hesabi hal kardam. What a thrilling match after many months without intense matches.

Mehdi was an absolute standout player today and the portuguese commentary was talking about his technique and his very important ability of creating opportunities for his teammates.

He was involved in all four goals today, scoring two himself.

He also had 2 or 3 other shots on target which were saved by the keeper/defender.

Overall very impressive game from Rio Ave who dominated the game in most aspects.

I have no doubt that mehdi will move to a big team. His finishing has improved and he takes his penalties stone cold and without hesitation.
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            got a vid of PK ?
            not in the middle again..? did he?
            straight into the bottom right corner of the goal, no chance for the keeper.

Comment

his penalty:

https://www.vsports.pt/vsports/vod/r...rm=mobreporter

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Good game by Mehdi, again.

His first goal was very nice, he was significantly involved in the third goal, and he scored the PK to win the game.

Towards the end of the game, Braga was putting a lot of pressure and Mehdi was doing great winning fouls and holding up play as their only attacking option. He really should have scored the header at the end right before the PK, but I guess everyone misses some chances. The PK call was absolute BS by the way, should have been overturned. But kudos to Mehdi for stepping up and putting it away for the W. Takes balls of steel, especially because their keeper went down, they were trying to play some mental games, and there was significant delay between the call and when the PK was actually taken.
                sigpic

Comment

Rating of 8.3 from whoscored.

I also want to add that mehdi puts so much energy into pressing. Modern teams and especially top teams will notice this.

He puts in a similar level of pressing work to what I see from liverpool's forward line. Intense pressure, pretty much the entire game.

He would be a steal for any team willing to buy him.

Comment

He now has 13, two short of 2nd best and 4 short of top scorer. He can do it.
                    5 more games left, who knows..
                    A hat trick can change lot of things
                    Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

16 goals and 5 assists in all competitions now, 32 matches played. Damn good tally. The only time he really wasnt in peak form was a couple weeks into season when he started playing injured to help the team out. Once fully recovered he has been unstopabble. In addition to his fantastic trademark runs, relentless pressing, and much improved finishing I would add that his linkup play when back is to goal is remarkable. He is almost always fouled or gives a clean link pass and moves team up the pitch. Its such a crucial trait for a forward to have if they want to make step to a higher level.

Comment

Paulinho of Braga also has 13 btw.
                        He has 4 assists, Mehdi has 2

So Taremi scored 4 goals from penalty spot or 3?
                        Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                          He puts in a similar level of pressing work to what I see from liverpool's forward line. Intense pressure, pretty much the entire game.

Funny you mention that. His stride, hunger, and technicality really reminds me of Mane.
                          #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                            Funny you mention that. His stride, hunger, and technicality really reminds me of Mane.
                            They are both very similar players.

I would say that mane is better at shooting from distance and shooting in general, but they do have a similar style. mane also came from a smaller team and became world famous.

Comment

at this point it looks like rio ave will make at least 5 million euro from selling taremi, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                                at this point it looks like rio ave will make at least 5 million euro from selling taremi, if not more.
                                It will be close to double that. We will see ARJ situation where end of season spurt puts a good amount onto his value, but crucially will stay around 8-10 million mark where all interested parties could easily afford.

One really smart thing that taremi did for himself by taking this contract, for about 700k a year (downgrade from his 1.5-1.8 at al gharafa) was only give rio ave the rights to 60% of himself. This is made possible because of portugals third party ownership laws. So in effect, 40% of the transfer fee will go taremi. That is a quite incredible caveat inserted by Fazeli into his deal. If he gets sold for 8 mil he will pocket a cool 2million.

I am thinking at this point it will be very hrad for sporting in their current economic situation, plus already spending big on a new coach. Benfica, Porto, La Liga are the most likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X