Asian Cup 2019: Path to Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
    expanding the Asian Cup to include all these mickey mouse teams like Khykyz and Palestine is a big mistake

Asian cup should never have been increased from 16 teams
    Although I see your point, but adding the Micky Mouse teams will have number of benefits. First, it contributes to the commercial aspect of the game. More countries involved, more revenue generating opportunity there is for the game in Asia. Secondly, if you are thinking about growth, then somehow, you would need to let the Micky Mouse teams in otherwise they will always remain as Micky Mouse and this domination by the usual suspects in Asia will continue to bore all of us to death.

Comment

Here is what the Korean veteran midfielder Yeom Ki-hun said about UAE 2019.

Who will win: Korea Republic

Who will be at the final: Australia or Japan

Who will be the Top Scorer: Hwang Ui-jo

Who will be the MVP: Son Heung-min

Which young player can make his name at the AFC Asian Cup 2019 UAE: Hwang In-beom

Who will be the dark horse at the AFC Asian Cup 2019 UAE: Vietnam

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post

Which young player can make his name at the AFC Asian Cup 2019 UAE: Hwang In-beom

They should have also asked him who will have fun tonight.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Who will lose to Iran 1-0 again, and again, and again?

Comment

I typed in Yeom Ki-Hun because I forgot what he looked like, man these consecutive 1-0 losses must be getting exhausting for a veteran like him:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/ne...photo/75590083

The photographer for that stock image must also have a lot of salt, calling Mehdi Mahdavikia an "unidentified Iranian player"

Comment

My favorite number is 1 followed by 0 in this fashion: 1-0

Comment

hey guys I have some questions and i would appreciate if you could answer it. I want to visit UAE for the asian cup and want some feedback
                - hot spots around the city
                - good rates on hotels or if its worth doing air b n b
                -is it worth going for the tournament? how do I buy tickets to all of iran games
                - where is their training area i could watch them train, where can i meet the players etc
                - can I use my wells or chase debit/credit card
                - do i convert USD in states or in UAE

ty

Comment

Try here for discussion on similar topics, should answet the ticket question at least. I need answers to a few similar questions too.

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...an+cup+tickets

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                    I think startng the Asian Cup just six months after the World Cup is pathetic.
                    I actually thinknthe toming of the asian cup is good.

We have a good core that is still fresh from the world cup
                    We can go into this tournament to win with confidence after playing 3 great games in wc.. then after asian cup we orepare right away for the qualifications of 2022
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I've always said SK is as bad as an arab team they have it out for us the most after Saudi and in the media they show it too. I would love nothing more than to get them in the knockout rounds
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram88 View Post
                        hey guys I have some questions and i would appreciate if you could answer it. I want to visit UAE for the asian cup and want some feedback
                        - hot spots around the city -All 5 star hotel lobbies! Crammed with Hookers!
                        - good rates on hotels or if its worth doing air b n b- No! book your hotel via emirates airlines, Cheap!!
                        -is it worth going for the tournament? how do I buy tickets to all of Iran games-YES!! UAE is packed with Iranians, its "home" game for us! book via UAE FA site
                        - where is their training area i could watch them train, where can i meet the players etc -Iranian Club in Garhoud most probably
                        - can I use my wells or chase debit/credit card -if you have Interac, but better to use Master card or Visa!
                        - do i convert USD in states or in UAE-In UAE , NOT in the airport, go to Deira souk, near Jamal Abdul Nasser Square.

ty
                        - hot spots around the city -All 5 star hotel lobbies! Crammed with Hookers!
                        - good rates on hotels or if its worth doing air b n b- No! book your hotel via emirates airlines, Cheap!!
                        -is it worth going for the tournament? how do I buy tickets to all of Iran games-YES!! UAE is packed with Iranians, its "home" game for us! book via UAE FA site
                        - where is their training area i could watch them train, where can i meet the players etc -Iranian Club in Garhoud most probably
                        - can I use my wells or chase debit/credit card -if you have Interac, but better to use Master card or Visa!

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                          Don't forget we did not choke in those instances, rather got screwed over by incompetent and corrupt refs.
                          yes, and now with VAR in the hands of AFC, it will get worse.
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

We have exactly 46 days left to our first game on Jan 6, 2019 against Yemen. On Jan 11, 2019 we will face Vietnam and 4 days later on Jan 15, 19 we will meet Iraq. Our round of 16 game is not until Jan 19, 2019.

Do we have enough time to get our injured players back in shape by that time?

Comment

The only team that can change the balance is Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                Seems Omar Abdulrahman tore his ACL - if it is true, he will be out of Asian Cup.

It is official. He is out.

Comment

Working...
                                X