No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB needs time that he’s certainly not given for now. Iranian players have not faired well in England. Bagheri, Kaebi, our tough Guy Ando and now JB, Ansarifard and Saied.

Fair that he hasn’t had enough playing time, but to me it’s obvious that Brighton’s style of play does not suit JB and the other way around. Houghton wants 11players that can defend and attack at the same time , god knows why he bought JB. JB is not consistent with that style of play. He should be given the freedom of pitch to get the best out of him.
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Plus all these online articles about him and other Players being a flop from the Dutch league are just massive contradictions cos they also talk about the gulf in difference between the Dutch league and England. It’s not like he is the first player who has struggled with that transition, it’s just really weak journalism.

Comment

Idk how Murray had managed to score 100 goals.. I cringe everytime he touches the ball.

Comment

i have a feeling that in brighton, there is a lot of party bazi, murray, knockaart, and some others are being played while they don't really bring anything to the table. also obvious on the pitch when JB is playing. CH plays it down but he's actually a terrible manager who is being influenced by players and not the other way around. something CQ can teach CH.

Comment

I've never understood the vowed endless support people show JB when I struggle to remember the last time he stood out in a match.

And the argument that "JB needs more game time" is nothing but bullshit. You don't enter a league such as the EPL only to start learning the ropes. You come to the EPL ready to go. Nothing less. There is not margin for error or room for warming into the league. If you're not ready, you wont get played. No team is going to start you for 10 games just so you can 'blend into the style of EPL'. Its an intense league where they cant afford to have players who don't have the basic skills being part of the starting 11.

JBs first touches are awful 90% of the time. I don't understand how that has anything to do with the league you play in. That's the stuff you do without thinking. That's the stuff he was expected to have learn during his time in the Dutch league. You cant teach that, even if you start him every single match for the rest of the season, he wont improve on that because he just doesnt have what it takes, simple as that. BHA got ripped off paying such an exuberant amount for him.
            In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said: "Let there be light!" And there was still nothing, but you could see it.

Comment

Originally posted by sooskmar View Post
              I've never understood the vowed endless support people show JB when I struggle to remember the last time he stood out in a match.

And the argument that "JB needs more game time" is nothing but bullshit. You don't enter a league such as the EPL only to start learning the ropes. You come to the EPL ready to go. Nothing less. There is not margin for error or room for warming into the league. If you're not ready, you wont get played. No team is going to start you for 10 games just so you can 'blend into the style of EPL'. Its an intense league where they cant afford to have players who don't have the basic skills being part of the starting 11.

JBs first touches are awful 90% of the time. I don't understand how that has anything to do with the league you play in. That's the stuff you do without thinking. That's the stuff he was expected to have learn during his time in the Dutch league. You cant teach that, even if you start him every single match for the rest of the season, he wont improve on that because he just doesnt have what it takes, simple as that. BHA got ripped off paying such an exuberant amount for him.
              I agree with what you're saying, but the boy needs more of a chance. If he had gone to Napoli or Leicester when the offer was on the table, this forum would have 200 more pages for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                JB needs time that he’s certainly not given for now. Iranian players have not faired well in England. Bagheri, Kaebi, our tough Guy Ando and now JB, Ansarifard and Saied.

Fair that he hasn’t had enough playing time, but to me it’s obvious that Brighton’s style of play does not suit JB and the other way around. Houghton wants 11players that can defend and attack at the same time , god knows why he bought JB. JB is not consistent with that style of play. He should be given the freedom of pitch to get the best out of him.
                The only player who faired well in England was Ashkan but I think that’s because he came straight from the Bundesliga and as a German league champion. Who knows, maybe English clubs/managers are picky with players from Asia and they only allow to put their full trust in those who play Top European football consistently. Which at the same time, and if so, is a dumb ideology seeing how many Greek Football League, Russian Premier League and Eredivisie players transfer to England and actually play consistently.

Who knows what really is the reason. But I think for Jahanbakhsh the reason is just a nagging injury. He will be fine. But I can’t say the same about Nottingham Forest and what Kaebi, Bagheri, and Ando went through.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                  The only player who faired well in England was Ashkan but I think that’s because he came straight from the Bundesliga and as a German league champion. Who knows, maybe English clubs/managers are picky with players from Asia and they only allow to put their full trust in those who play Top European football consistently. Which at the same time, and if so, is a dumb ideology seeing how many Greek Football League, Russian Premier League and Eredivisie players transfer to England and actually play consistently.
                  Who knows what really is the reason. But I think for Jahanbakhsh the reason is just a nagging injury. He will be fine. But I can’t say the same about Nottingham Forest and what Kaebi, Bagheri, and Ando went through.
                  Even Ashkan didn't too well in his first season. 21 games, 0 goals. It was in his second season that he really picked up his game, and that was actually towards the end of the season if Im not mistaking. Ashkan was even an establish bundesliga player, winner etc..

I think a lot of you are being to harsh, the poor guy has so far had a tough season, with no consistensy and when he just was buildning momentum he got injured, than asian cup came.

I feel like many of guys have never played football, its very hard to score/ass with only 15/20 min playing time. Specially when most of the times the team is not even attacking when you are on the field. Some of you act as if he has played 20 games, starting the most of them and missed loads of chances.

You can see in the last cup games hes been playing when he got to start, he has qualities, even the swedish commentary was saying the last cup game that there is a lot of potential in him and that he sure looks interesting. He just needs a goal and consistent playing time to get him going.

You also have to remember that his first season in AZ was not that good. JB is one our most professional players of all time. He is here for the long term, the coach also several times expressed faith in him. If he could bag some goals towards the end of the season that would be good. The expectations from supporters and specially in here are too high given the circumstances. I predict next season will be a great one for JB.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                    Idk how Murray had managed to score 100 goals.. I cringe everytime he touches the ball.
                    He needs 3 more goal and it will be his best PL Year hahahahah this guy is 35!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by babben View Post
                      Even Ashkan didn't too well in his first season. 21 games, 0 goals. It was in his second season that he really picked up his game, and that was actually towards the end of the season if Im not mistaking. Ashkan was even an establish bundesliga player, winner etc..

I think a lot of you are being to harsh, the poor guy has so far had a tough season, with no consistensy and when he just was buildning momentum he got injured, than asian cup came.

I feel like many of guys have never played football, its very hard to score/ass with only 15/20 min playing time. Specially when most of the times the team is not even attacking when you are on the field. Some of you act as if he has played 20 games, starting the most of them and missed loads of chances.

You can see in the last cup games hes been playing when he got to start, he has qualities, even the swedish commentary was saying the last cup game that there is a lot of potential in him and that he sure looks interesting. He just needs a goal and consistent playing time to get him going.

You also have to remember that his first season in AZ was not that good. JB is one our most professional players of all time. He is here for the long term, the coach also several times expressed faith in him. If he could bag some goals towards the end of the season that would be good. The expectations from supporters and specially in here are too high given the circumstances. I predict next season will be a great one for JB.
                      Cup games were mostly against championship side

Comment

Originally posted by sooskmar View Post

First paragraph - because he is an Iranian player playing in the best league in the world. We choose to support him because he has worked hard to get where he has and we want to see him succeed. What is so hard to understand about that.

Second paragraph - Completely disagree. Some very, very good players have come to the premier league and struggled in their first season, only the turn it around in their second season. I am a Man City fan and this happened to many of our best players, including Sane and B Silva, both of which are world class players. Some were questioning why we bought them in their first year which seems crazy now.

Third paragraph - Tough to disagree with you on this one, his first touch has been poor. I do however believe your confidence does influence basic skills more than you say it does, including your first touch. When you are low on confidence your are worried about making mistakes and you focus too much on minor details, whereas when you are playing with confidence you don't think about these things and they come more naturally. He panics on the ball and is clearly under a lot of pressure. IMO responsibility for managing this is just as much with the manager as it is with him.
                        ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

i still believe he shouldbe went to napoli, if the offer was legit of course. but brighton was his choice as hughton had been interested in him for years and i would if someone had been interested in me for that long, regardless boy needs time, he was injured for a while plus he had asian cup. cant judge him now, judge him next season

Comment

First time poster over here. Am I mistaken or has ARJ started six times for Brighton. 4 EPL games and 2 cup games. And they have won 5 and lost 1 of those games. Not a bad record. One's contribution is not always in the form of goals and assists... Besides the toe pokes by Murray and headers by their central defenders, Brighton doesn't have very many goals anyways.

Comment

I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.
                                It is his fault for choosing the wrong team with such style of play

Comment

Working...
                                X