No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we just need to chill, has he been great since he arrived... no. But it will take him time to get used to the league, you can see that he is still struggling with certain aspects of it and he’s in a team who play very different to NEC or Alkmaar.

In all honesty it may be till next season that we see him hit top form especially with the Asian Cup breaking up his season. You can also see that there still needs to be chemistry with his team mates, he is working his ass off and making runs that aren’t found yet. This will change when their play makers come back from injury.

He is being kept on because he never stops working and Hughton likes that, he likes a workhorse. Everton away is a difficult game and Brighton struggle away from home. They will stay up this season.

Comment

It was always going to take time for him to adjust to EPL. Don't forget that he's in a totally new environment, different country, different city, different league, and certainly a different accent than "dutch english". It will take time. Don't question his ability, question his emotional state. I haven't been able to score a goal in the past 3 weeks on our wednesday afternoon games at work. Once you get it stuck in your head that you have to score, then you're playing with a monkey on your back until you do score. That's just all his personal battles. And when you also consider how shitty brighton is then you can see what a frustrating time JB is having there. He's just not getting enough service and when he does, it's not good service.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Whenever I see Everton, I always wonder what would happen if Liverpool bought someone like Everton Luiz, Ewerthon de Souza, Éverton Ribeiro, Ewerton Pereira, Ewerton Santos and the many others with similar names....

On another note, probable-lineup Brighton & Hove Albion (4-4-1-1): Ryan; Bruno, Duffy, Dunn, Bong; Jahanbakhsh, Stephens, Kayal, Izquierdo; March; Murray.
        All are Everton fans so would never sign for the red shite

Comment

Spent the game watching him rather than the actual game, he looked very frustrated, like extremely frustrated. There were a lot of chances in the first half for him to have been played a through ball and hit Everton on the counter but the Brighton players were just too slow at releasing the ball or making the wrong decisions. He looks like he's definitely struggling with confidence issues as things aren't going his way and it's making it even worse for him as he's then having poor touches etc.

Defending wise he did his responsibilities but had to work his socks off coming back and defending specially when wrong decisions were made by the team in the counter attacks.

Not too sure why he had to take the corner as I'd rather have him in the box based on his past in having an effect in the box.

His injury at the end seemed to have been a bit bad (pulled muscle or tweaked) as he was even limping to get onto the coach after the game and seemed in a bit of pain speaking to him after the game.

Think because of the muscle thing, even if it's not serious, he definitely won't be starting next game but I can see him propelling as soon as he scores with his confidence increasing. Good luck to him!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Club News
            JAHANBAKHSH: WE NEEDED TO PROTECT THE BALL
            9 Hours ago

Paul Hazlewood
            Alireza Jahanbakhsh in action at Goodison Park.
            Kieran Cleeves

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh admitted the team were punished for giving the ball away too frequently against Everton on Saturday afternoon, as the Seagulls went down 3-1 at Goodison Park.

Second-half goals from Seamus Coleman and Richarlison ended the hope Lewis Dunk had given his team at 1-1, and Jahanbakhsh accepted the hosts showed more quality to win the game.

He said, “They deserved the win and played better than us. We did a good job in the first half, created some chances and came in at 1-1. But in the second half it wasn’t really what the gaffer asked us to do.

“We didn’t have good possession and were punished for that. In terms of defending as a team, it wasn’t the same as the last three games.

“People expected more from us because of the last few games, but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be. Everyone works hard to do their job but it just didn't happen for us.”

Jahanbakhsh has enjoyed a consistent run in the side over recent games, but the Iranian insists there is plenty of room for improvement as he continues to adapt to the English game.

“It’s my fourth start for the team, but I’m still getting used to things in every single game. Hopefully I can make more minutes, but I knew it was going to be difficult to start with.

“It’s a different competition and there’s more pace to it. I have to get used to it and that’s all that matters. Of course I expect more from myself. Hopefully with more games I can perform better for this club.

“We’ve done a good job recently, winning both away and at home, but we need to get points next week — that’s really important for us to stay in good shape.”
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Its sad seeing him in Brighton. This team is destined for relegation the way theyre playing. Like Mattigil said above hes frustrated because he never gets the passes he needs to. Its kind of impossible for him to do well, you can put Ronaldo there and he wont help this team.

Comment

The Ronaldo references are back. At least we've moved on from 9 weeks of 'WHY IS HE NOT STARTING, HUGHTON IS SHIT, to 'WHY ARE THEY NOT CREATING 4 YARD TAP-INS FOR HIM LIKE A GUARDIOLA SIDE, BRIGHTON ARE SHIT'.

Comment

Please let's lay off ARJ and other players. Some of the comments here are seriously harmful to their mental health and self esteem. We Iranian football fans must be the bitchiest around. Unfortunately this is something that cannot be moderated but how about a little self moderation? Let's not slag off our players. There are numerous reasons why a desirable outcome is not happening with a team. Manu is riddled with so many issues that they just cannot perform as the should. There are many factors that affect a football team's performance as a team. Is it fair to blame our players for a loss or a team's bad performance? Please refrain from making harsh and sole destroying comments. These players are human beings not machines. Just remember Azmoun?
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

ARJ's last two games were disappointing, but he performed well in almost all the BHA games before that.
                    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      Bro, before ARJ joined Brighton had you even heard of this club? You sound like a die hard Brighton fan who is so blinded by his emotions that demands this and that.
                      LOL. Was that a serious comment? Did you seriously just ask him if he'd heard of BHAFC before ARJ signed? I take it you aren't UK based then?!
                      you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                      sigpic

Comment

I just rewatched the highlights of yesterday’s match, Jahanbakhsh was completely at fault for the 1st goal by igniting Everton’s counterattack by not being able to take a simple corner kick. In my personal opinion, he was more at fault for the 3rd goal as well by not being able to string a simple pass that even a baby could do. He is awful, and I’m starting to see the reason why English clubs are backing from buying players from the Eredivise. All Brighton fans gave him a low rating on their forum in their player ratings section, and I’m starting to see why JB choose Brighton to steal a weekly salary. Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...on-*****/page1

Comment

And the local paper there gave him an average rating, giving izqueirdo the lowest rating and rightly pointing out his defensive flaws (that none of the fans on NSC mentioned).

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/171...ed-at-everton/

Before the season started, many of us here were saying we weren't expecting ARJ to be hitting his stride until the second half of the season. Now well before the second half and so quick to want to roast him. Brighton bought him for 20 million, that part is over. If we want to say now whether he was worth that doesn't mean much. If we want to rate him against his teammates to say whether he deserves to start is a different question. Personally I think he has the most complete game (offense and defense) out of all the wingers, so when healthy I think he should still be starting. Houghton will keep giving him chances wether he starts or not and he will show why he's there by the end of February/mid March, since Asian cup will get in the way of things.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpuIn18F9rQ/

arash00007 "Murray doesn’t like jahanbakhsh. Never passes him the ball, when it’s obvious he should. Not sure if this is a sign of racism!"

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/BpuIn18F9rQ/
                              arash00007 "Murray doesn’t like jahanbakhsh. Never passes him the ball, when it’s obvious he should. Not sure if this is a sign of racism!"
                              oh gosh
                              lol some people need to think before they write!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                I just rewatched the highlights of yesterday’s match, Jahanbakhsh was completely at fault for the 1st goal by igniting Everton’s counterattack by not being able to take a simple corner kick. In my personal opinion, he was more at fault for the 3rd goal as well by not being able to string a simple pass that even a baby could do. He is awful, and I’m starting to see the reason why English clubs are backing from buying players from the Eredivise. All Brighton fans gave him a low rating on their forum in their player ratings section, and I’m starting to see why JB choose Brighton to steal a weekly salary. Brighton saved us once again, Leicester dodged a bullet not signing JB.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...on-*****/page1
                                Wow, the reactions on the Brighton forum are so harsh.

Comment

Working...
                                X