No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys we don't need any of that sensible perspective and reasoning here thank you very much. This thread is AIDS and I'd like it if you either contributed accordingly by speculating on why ARJ and Hughton/Brighton's relationship has broken down or stayed quiet.

Let's try again for the seventh week in a row...Brighton's past two record signings dont get a start in their first two months at the club. ARJ proceeds to not get a start in his first two months at the club. There is absolutely nothing unfair nor unexpected here. Imagine accepting that from the off and instead looking positively at the fact he seems to have taken to the league well in his brief cameos.

Their run of fixtures now becomes much kinder and the 2 month adjustment period comes to a close. He will be given starting opportunities in the next 2 or 3 games, guaranteed.

Comment

Brighton are down to 15th place looooooooool

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Brighton are down to 15th place looooooooool
        YET CH keeps starting he same players and making very doubtful decisions. It's not gong to get any better!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
          YET CH keeps starting he same players and making very doubtful decisions. It's not gong to get any better!
          How dare we question the almighty CH, he is never wrong and we are never right! The higher diety himself! Even if he loses he is still god and we are inferior.

Comment

Alright lads there is two sides to this story...look at it this way. Chris Hughton is a legend in Brighton, he took them into the Premier League for the first time and then did the unthinkable and kept them up in their first season there. This is dreamland for Brighton fans, of course they are going to stick up for him because of what he has done for them. Brighton is more than Alireza to them.

On the other hand we know what Alireza can do and it’s frustrating because we want to see him tear the Premier League up against some of the best teams in the World.

Also yes Brighton are 15th, they have played the top four from last year so it’s been a difficult start, understandable. If it’s mid season and they are still really struggling then yes Hughton will probably be under pressure from the directors at Brighton to change things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              Alright lads there is two sides to this story...look at it this way. Chris Hughton is a legend in Brighton, he took them into the Premier League for the first time and then did the unthinkable and kept them up in their first season there. This is dreamland for Brighton fans, of course they are going to stick up for him because of what he has done for them. Brighton is more than Alireza to them.
              Not taking anything away from CH or Brighton, they are to be commended for their achievements. However, the team is going nowhere fast, with a total of 5 points after 7 matches. Whatever the formula was to get to (and stay in) the Premier League is clearly not working to advance the team further. That's why many (me included) are questioning why the most expensive player in BHA history only gets 10-15 min per game this far in after the transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Not taking anything away from CH or Brighton, they are to be commended for their achievements. However, the team is going nowhere fast, with a total of 5 points after 7 matches. Whatever the formula was to get to (and stay in) the Premier League is clearly not working to advance the team further. That's why many (me included) are questioning why the most expensive player in BHA history only gets 10-15 min per game this far in after the transfer window.
                I couldn't agree with you more. If BHAFC were winning regularly we would not be complaining right now. The point of the matter is it's not the case!

Comment

On the other hand we know what Alireza can do and it’s frustrating because we want to see him tear the Premier League up against some of the best teams in the World. .
                  Agha, I agree with your general points.

But to play the devil's advocate - have we really seen Alireza turn it on at the biggest stage? Sure, he topped the eredivisie last year, but we haven't yet seen him shine at the highest level.

I mean, I like him much more than Sardar, but I can't deny that Azmoun has shown more for Iran (albeit in a different position) and more world-class moments - eg playing Boateng for a fool, and essentially pretty much the entire CL group stages of the penultimate season.

I still see 24-year-old JB as in development, though coming off a fantastic season. I just hope this team and coach is the right fit for him.

Comment

Chris Hughton is a legend in Brighton
                    He is indeed, though fans are notoriously fickle.

I remember how viciously Norwich fans turned on him despite him getting some of the best results in their history. Norwich fans generally have the reputation of being quite a nice bunch (like BHA fans) but it just shows what modern day football is like.

At the moment, we're in a place where BHA have had a run of tough games. Let's see what happens at the next stage when they have a run of slightly more easy fixtures....

Comment

Napoli ...

Leicester City ...

Brighton with Hughton at the helm ...

Comment

That awkward moment when you join Brighton to get ensured playtime, but end up getting benched to Solly March.

Comment

I see a lot of people pointing to the points tally, but lets have a more level-headed look at that
                          Watford (A) (L) - disappointing, but not too wild as Watford are notorious for strong early starts and shook up the table a bit
                          United (H) (W) - peach
                          Liverpool (A) (L) - not big deal, and they put up a very strong performance that day. Anyone complaining of that is a bit delusional.
                          Fulham (H) (D) - disappointing, impressive comeback but this was a fixture that needed a win
                          Southampton (A) (D) - disappointing but not terrible as an away point is still very valuable
                          Spurs (H) (L) - Could have gotten more out of this, but again a loss to spurs isn't worth much of an uproar
                          City (A) (L) - come on

So really, there's 3 fixtures that ought to have been better, but two of those are also away fixtures which you can say the baseline expectation is to get 1 point out of.

Bottom line, put your pitchforks away, the season has hardly begun and out of these first 7 games, 4 of them have been top sides aka MC/LP/MU/TH
                          The next NINE fixtures are ones that can really show the quality on display, and you would expect a victory in the majority if not a draw. Be patient folks, i'd expect him to start these.

Westham/Newcastle/Wolves/Everton/Cardiff/Leicester/Huddersfield/Palace/Burnley

Also i just wanted to point out, the top commenter in this thread has been Hoorad who has taken every opportunity at hand to shit on Brighton and spread negativity in the thread. I just think you need to tone it down a bit bud, I understand you're upset he didn't go to Leicester but 90% of this is unwarranted. Not saying you're the only one doing it, but you're certainly doing it the most.

Comment

Their standing in the league isn't terrible. If you had shown me their fixtures before the season, realistically I would have expected them to get a MAX of 6 points... and they have 5.

Do you really expect them to beat City and Liverpool? If yes then you are not following the correct team. I don't expect them to have ANY point from the big 6. It doesn't mean they don't have to try for it... they already got 3 from ManU. It just means anything from the big 6 should be considered as BONUS.

They still have 13 H and 13 A games to play for. 7-8 H and 4-5 A wins from them is both achievable and would guarantee a mid table finish, safe from relegation. Anything better plus some points from big 6 and they could finish higher.

As for ARJ, I understand when he was not started in the beginning. But he should have been given more minutes in some of the recent games. They have an easier run of fixtures coming now and ARJ could prove to be the missing link to win those games.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              I see a lot of people pointing to the points tally, but lets have a more level-headed look at that
                              Watford (A) (L) - disappointing, but not too wild as Watford are notorious for strong early starts and shook up the table a bit
                              United (H) (W) - peach
                              Liverpool (A) (L) - not big deal, and they put up a very strong performance that day. Anyone complaining of that is a bit delusional.
                              Fulham (H) (D) - disappointing, impressive comeback but this was a fixture that needed a win
                              Southampton (A) (D) - disappointing but not terrible as an away point is still very valuable
                              Spurs (H) (L) - Could have gotten more out of this, but again a loss to spurs isn't worth much of an uproar
                              City (A) (L) - come on
                              So really, there's 3 fixtures that ought to have been better, but two of those are also away fixtures which you can say the baseline expectation is to get 1 point out of.
                              Bottom line, put your pitchforks away, the season has hardly begun and out of these first 7 games, 4 of them have been top sides aka MC/LP/MU/TH
                              The next NINE fixtures are ones that can really show the quality on display, and you would expect a victory in the majority if not a draw. Be patient folks, i'd expect him to start these.
                              Westham/Newcastle/Wolves/Everton/Cardiff/Leicester/Huddersfield/Palace/Burnley
                              Also i just wanted to point out, the top commenter in this thread has been Hoorad who has taken every opportunity at hand to shit on Brighton and spread negativity in the thread. I just think you need to tone it down a bit bud, I understand you're upset he didn't go to Leicester but 90% of this is unwarranted. Not saying you're the only one doing it, but you're certainly doing it the most.
                              I’m upset because he went from choosing a team that would give him play time week in and week out (just look at Ghezzal) to a team that is benching him every week. And for who? Championship players. I had a feeling it was going to be like this a the beginning of the season, hence why I wanted him to come to us (which coincidentally the other team being the one I support). We are talking about the top scorer of the Eredivise who had interests from S.S.C. Napoli who is now benched. The Asian Cup is coming up in a couple of months and being benched will not help us win, especially if our player is the starter!

Also sorry for going off topic here, but what was the point of your bottom post when you are doing the same you written to Branko when he wins Perspolis major games/titles? Sounds kind of hypocritical to me with all due respect.

Comment

Guys, calm down. Unlike TM where ARJ is Mr. Invisible, he's always been a superstar at club lvl. He'll find his spot, and he'll impose himself. Give it a rest. No one would have predicted that Knocky is gonna have the season of his life, and given the way they've been playing CH has no choice but to start JB sooner than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X