No announcement yet.

what has CQ done for TM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I agree with you. There were a few moments that we had a good chance to counter but we just hoofed the ball aimlessly.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

^That was all part of the mind game. It's just that Costa and Quaresma are so thick that you can't get into their head, there is nothing in there.

On the more serious side, if anytime a defensive approach was suited for the situation, it was this one.

Is CQ god? No!
      Is CQ the best coach in Iran? Yes!
      Is CQ always right? No!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        I'm not criticizing the defensive approach. I'm criticizing the complete lack of desire to even try to attack when we had the ball during those 60 minutes. I keep remembering the one scene where we stole the ball from Spain just outside of our box and while our player had teammates to pass to and no Spaniard was close or closing in on him he simply booted the ball upfield to absolutely no one as none of our players were even close to where the ball landed. We could have at least tried to counter attack. We didn't.
        It's not just the defensive approach, we suck at coutner attacking at this WC. It was clear from day one we needed to convert those few chances we got and no one did so from open play in any of our 3 games. And there was a lot of chances!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          Anyone who knows me in PFDC knows I cannot be called a CQ fan, as I dont gush over irrelevant issue or his sometimes immature and vindictive outbursts and remarks, which is a major turn-off for me.Hell, for every post that I have given credit & kudos to CQ, I have at least 10-15 posts that I have attacked or criticized him.... that I still stand by.
          I still have some gripes with him and a few bones to pick.
          so I aint no CQ fanboy here.
          now that we got that sorted out, I have to say CQ has given TM something … no, the ONE thing that we desperately needed and lacked; discipline.
          watching the team play, I see long periods of the game showcased by a group of players, all interconnected by an invisible rope like a meshwork, who know what they should do, where they should be and how the player next to them is going to move ... for majority of the game (given this is Iran, that's tremendous achievement).
          this team shows it is in control of what IT is doing. Now the opponent may do something brilliant and hurt us. But that's it. They ought to do something BRILLIANT. That means they have to really exert themselves to overcome us.
          And that's what we never showed. EVER. Even in the hay days of the great Ivic with our courageous displays against yuguslavia, US, … when we all look back as TM's great days.
          we still dont play attractive football. For that we need a different mindset that fr all you know CQ may not possess and never be able to accomplish. That's why I'm not too sure we'd win Asia Cup … sadly.
          But when we play, that disciplined, well-drilled meshwork of players is very impressive & credit worthy.
          certainly a solid foundation to build a more exciting team on, in the future. With CQ or without him.
          If you need to start with 2 paragraphs to say that you are not a fanboy (and yes you were not in the past, that I can vouch for ), what does that really say? I think it fall under category of hipsters always denying being hipsters (or racist starting with "I'm not a racist but....").

Although I'm busting your chumps, I do admit that your level of fanboy-ism compared to the average person on this forum is very moderate.

After reading your post (which I do agree with mostly) I started questioning the following:

Did he really have a hard time making these players be disciplined?

- Except for Shojaei he didn't have any "stars"/"egos" and Shojaei is far away from being a star (both in stardom as well as in behavior)

- He didn't have any difficult players (like Karimi, Azizi, Kaebi, Enayati, Madanchi etc. etc.)

- He didn't have any creative players or players with flair or ones that like to showboat.....well OK he had Ramin....

- He had a relatively young squad (easier to tell them what to do)

- His best/"star" players are actually the ones who are most disciplined due to the fact that they are either brought up abroad or play there for for a longer time where they learned what discipline is (Gucci, ARJ, Dejagah, Shojaei) so the rest follows easier.

- He didn't have "connected" players (like Daei) who would enforce their vision and line up to him.

So compared to other coaches he actually had a easier time making the team be disciplined. He had more European based players than any other coach (fanboys will say this is due to CQ but OK....) he had a young and eager squad, he didn't have stars and, and, and, and

Then I thought, well that must be all thanks to CQ, as he picked the players that he knew he could form and force to play disciplined. Kudos to him for his expert selection.

But then I realized that except for Jalal Hosseini nob being included 95% of people would have selected more or less the same players. So he actually selected the best players who happened to be (easy to be) disciplined.

Not taking anything from CQ as you have to first be willing and knowing how to make a team play disciplined, but he had all the luck of the world compared to other coached, with this generation of players.

He was unlucky not to have stars and gifted players like Karimi and Aziz who can decide a game on their own. But he was very lucky not to have them as in Iran (and almost everywhere except for Germany maybe) those kind of players will not bend to the will of school teachers (coaches like CQ, van Gaal, etc.).

Comment

I believe CQs overall game strategy, not only tactics, were great. What we lacked was efficiency in front of the opponents goal.
            CQ fixed Iran's biggest problem since I ever remember, defense and made it our strongest weapon, in addition to that the team is physically well prepared too.
            If we were more efficient upfront, that game strategy and those counters would have resulted in Iran shocking the world.
            I am more than satisfied with CQ!

The only criticism I have, and I will never forgive him, is for having shaved off his SIBIL in early nineties
            Attached Files
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

^ Amoo, sibil dashtan mesle gol zadan be davazeye khaliye: orze mikhad

Comment

Since this is about Cq positives I am only going to talk about the positives. He has instilled discipline; he has structured our team defense; he has changed generations successfully and has introduced youngsters to our football which he has tested and given valuable experience to; he is one of the hardest working coaches if not in the world (which I believe he very well could be) but definitely in our football; he has shown us a winning formula and attitude as he does not compromise on anything, he is a perfectionist and very detailed oriented and I hope he has passed this on to other people in the federation; he has created a fair and competitive player selection regime where players know if they work hard and shine they can be included in TM; he is a great analyzer and is one of the best in the world; he is very respectful when dealing with players, no longer players have to put up with coarse language from coaches; he is respectful of our culture.

Comment

to play offensive we need at least two good Middlefield player. we don't have a proper central mf
                  without Queiroz we would tie against Bahrain and Oman like we did before he came or lose against Saudi Arabia....

Comment

many of you have misunderstood the reason for this thread.
                    it is less about CQ than the new character the TEAM has shown.
                    When I bring up the interconnected meshwork, it is to highlight how the entire TEAM is aware of where the other players are & what they're supposed to do. impressively for very long periods of a game.
                    Iran has NEVER behaved this way. Even when we played great football it was either short periods of rehearsed moves, or out of individual brilliance of players.
                    This new awareness and positioning and coverage.

Do I want to see more attacking football? it is inevitable if we want to win the asia cup. And whether CQ can manage that style of football is a different matter.
                    But this awareness and cohesion as a team is here to stay. At least for as long as the bulk of TM is made up of these players, … which thankfully is going to be long enough as many of them are young.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                      Since this is about Cq positives I am only going to talk about the positives. He has instilled discipline; he has structured our team defense; he has changed generations successfully and has introduced youngsters to our football which he has tested and given valuable experience to; he is one of the hardest working coaches if not in the world (which I believe he very well could be) but definitely in our football; he has shown us a winning formula and attitude as he does not compromise on anything, he is a perfectionist and very detailed oriented and I hope he has passed this on to other people in the federation; he has created a fair and competitive player selection regime where players know if they work hard and shine they can be included in TM; he is a great analyzer and is one of the best in the world; he is very respectful when dealing with players, no longer players have to put up with coarse language from coaches; he is respectful of our culture.
                      Precisely.

https://maisfutebol.iol.pt/mehdi-tar...dece-a-queiroz

As well as weathering a barrage of criticism (including by many members here) placing Taremi alongside Azmoun consistently, over and above other forwards who were considered better than him by some, Queiroz actually had a direct hand in his transfer to Rio Ave:

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...mpression=true

And clearly Taremi knows how to appreciate someone:

Taremi: "I have always admired all my teachers and coaches since my childhood. I admire Mr. Queiroz for teaching me to be strong, to work hard, and to struggle in life against challenges. I promise to achieve here in Portugal everything that I have always sought. Your comments are a huge honor and increase my responsibility, ”he wrote on Instagram."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1mDYNTp...ource=ig_embed

Members here may disagree, but I still believe that any other coach would NOT have called up Majid Hosseini to WC2018, or pushed many other young and up-and-coming players above established TM players.

I really hope he can facilitate other moves to Portuguese sides, it seems to be good for our players and their confidence.

Comment

"Mehdi e outros jogadores de Irao chavamem-me papa e isso deixava-me um pouco sem jeito, mas e algo que nao poderei ignorar"

Translation:

Mehdi and other Iran players called me papa and that made me feel a little bit awkward, but it's something I could not ignore.

You nurture players, you create the future. Simple as that.

Comment

No words needed- I drew this for what he did for us! he taught TM dicipllne.

Last edited by leviathan; 10-12-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                            lovely.

And he could have done MUCH more for our football if we used him properly. This is a man who, by the admission of anybody you ask, is responsible for the entire coaching process, academy structure, and player development in portugal whose fruits we are seeing to this day (Felix, Bernardo Silva, Cancelo, etc, etc, etc, etc). For such a small population w/only 2-3 top club its remarkable.

His tactics are used by the plethora of coaches that learned from his handbook so to speak, which is the curriculum for all Portuguese FA coaches.

The other day I was watching Wolves Manchester City, where wolves beat City, with many portuguese players on both sides. The tactics used by Portuguese trainer Nuno Espirito Santo were directly out of CQ handbook for anybody watching, and they deservedly beat Guardiolas city on their own patch.

A few weeks ago, in Piraeus when Olympiakos came from 2 down to tie tottenham, again a portuguese coach, who in a recent interview with Gol Bezan that nearly everything he knows as a coach was taught to him from CQ's Methods which are imbedded in curriculum of Portuguese FA.

CQ could leave football tomorrow and never be heard from again, but the legacy of his work will be alive in the international, top level game across for a long time to come.

That cannot be said about ONE other single entity involved with the entire history of iranian football.

If given the proper tools (not talking about salary) he could have set the foundation for us to become a legitimate top 20 team for the next 20+ years. Sadly we missed that opportunity.

Comment

What CQ did for our football is simple and there is no need for anyone to interprete it;

Two consequtive world cup qualifications. He put Iran football on the map and drew many admiration around the world for his performances. The world think differently about our football now. Something no coach has ever achieved before.

I would very much like to see Wiltmos continue CQ's success with his own style and thinking but it is too early to judge and get excited. Mayeli Kohan also started with 17-0 trashing of Maldives but we all know what happened at the end. So, let's stop analyzing the past and focus on today and future.

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                                You also drew me in 2010.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X