Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    ^ lol
    odds are stacked against him having an explosive performance obviously ..!

i think if BHA could vastly improve on their overall Team (especially MF/ATTACK) PRESSING tactics they stand a good chance of winning that vital clash on Tuesday..!
    a Tie should also see them survive relegation.... they can ill-afford to loose that game though..!!
    Agree that no one is expecting a hat trick, but if ARJ scores on Tuesday, he could singlehandly save the team and uptick his stock.

Comment

He gets an F-

Comment

Any highlights or the red card?

Comment

They showed it on NBC Sports Channel. It was a two footed tackle with studs up about mid shin high. Really stupid and dangerous. Most likely done out of frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
            Problem has been that CH's midfield isn't built for the 4-3-3 transition that he has tried to make. He has attempted it, but Stephens-Propper-Bissouma isnt a triad that can take a hold of a midfield. He needs to get rid of Stephens and find a defensive midfielder with more pace and stamina that is less hurried on the ball, someone like Fred for United or Ebrahimi for us. I also don't think Montoya is a good signing, its really confusing what contribution he even brings to the defensive system. Propper is a good player, Bissouma is a good player, but both tend to be very short sighted when bringing the ball up and aren't good at finding outlets. Bissouma is a mess defensively. If the right adjustments were made, the wingers could finally be given some freedom and start to create goals and you would see Bissouma being able to push forward more so that the striker doesn't look so isolated all the time.
            Hope that Brighton don't get relegated and that they make a couple good signings in the central midfield. The transition Hughton is attempting is a positive one for being a more established premier league side.
            Agree, this team is not set up for 4-3-3 and probably will do a lot better with 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 formation.
            CH needs to play either Stephens or Proper (the latter preferably), having two slow D-mids with no or bad vision is not good when you play a 4-3-3 formation that is dependent on a strong active midfield.
            Let's not beat around the bush with Bissouma, with the chances he has been given he has been kind of disappointing. 80% of the time he gets the ball dribbles around because he has no awareness of the field, eventually looks up and then makes a safe pass or loses the ball, meanwhile destroying any chance of quick counter. At least two of these boneheaded episodes have led to goals in games where BHA has lost 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post

Premier League
              Saturday 13 April 2019 15:00 BST

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bournemouth

Amex Stadium

Worst home defeat for 45 years.

BHA are too slow in defence to handle breakaways. I knew this before which why I wanted Bruno (instead of Montoya) and Bong (instead of Bernardo); at least they know they are slow and don't get caught out of position.

Knockeart sending off was deserved, but Bournemouth did an equally identical bad foul on Bissouma earlier that did not get a yellow card.

Other teams have come unstuck by Bournemouth, the leading counter attack team in the Premier League. CH played it all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                He’ll never play his best in Hughton’s system. Unfair pressure to put on him. It’s a losing test no matter what.
                That be some weak-ass excuse if he wants to be a quality player. It's all well and a good to argue a player may not be being utilised to his best but it's a whole other thing to fail to notch up a goal or assist in over 1,000 minutes of football, I mean even absolute dross like Locadia has managed to make a telling contribution to this team.

We've seen this with his form for TM too, the evidence is piling up. He needs to address it soon because you can only live off Eredivisie exploits for so long before you're thrown into the same bin as Afonso Alves and Vincent Janssen.

Comment

The doublethink for the BHA fans in their forum is surreal.

Obviously everyone is angry with Knockaert for his sending off, but there are quite a few comments saying "the game was already over by then".

Yes, it was over because at 1-0, Knockaert gave the ball away cheaply and Bournemouth scored on the break! Were it not for his mistake, the game would have not been over.
                  If that were JB they would have absolutely crucified him for that, but it's just been ignored.

The guy is the worst player I'd ever want to have, all he does is moan and throw his arms up at his teammates. The fans need to get past his form in the Championship.

EDIT: At least one fan on their forums gets it:

"He will never learn.
                  He has been allowed to make critical mistake after critical mistake at this level but has been indulged by manager and fans. He is a walking liability. He refuses to adjust his style to PL demands, continually overplays and regularly loses the ball.
                  Championship player at best. Lets get rid now and find a more solid, more consistent replacement. Leicester were right. They said he wasn't good enough at this level and they were right. Two or three cameos a season is simply not enough and is more than offset by the string of critical mistakes he makes."

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                    Problem has been that CH's midfield isn't built for the 4-3-3 transition that he has tried to make. He has attempted it, but Stephens-Propper-Bissouma isnt a triad that can take a hold of a midfield. He needs to get rid of Stephens and find a defensive midfielder with more pace and stamina that is less hurried on the ball, someone like Fred for United or Ebrahimi for us. I also don't think Montoya is a good signing, its really confusing what contribution he even brings to the defensive system. Propper is a good player, Bissouma is a good player, but both tend to be very short sighted when bringing the ball up and aren't good at finding outlets. Bissouma is a mess defensively. If the right adjustments were made, the wingers could finally be given some freedom and start to create goals and you would see Bissouma being able to push forward more so that the striker doesn't look so isolated all the time.

Hope that Brighton don't get relegated and that they make a couple good signings in the central midfield. The transition Hughton is attempting is a positive one for being a more established premier league side.
                    It is interesting reading third party views. That's not to say I agree with all of them.

At the beginning of the season, I thought our best signing would be a left sided quickish midfielder instead of another winger. I think it was proved to be so, although, I'm not sure BHA could afford one of proven calibre, even if available.

I'm not sure CH actually played a proper 4-3-3 until today, usually more like a 4-5-1. Team (before the game started) looked OK, except I expected Locadia as the target man and Andone as the second striker with one winger.

I agree that 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 is the best bet. Much better players are needed for 4-3-3.

i have doubts if the current squad can even beat Cardiff at home.

The greatest failure this season is the failure to create and score chances from open play. It was much better last season with the slow Pascal Groß.

Comment

It is interesting reading third party views. That's not to say I agree with all of them.

At the beginning of the season, I thought our best signing would be a left sided quickish midfielder instead of another winger. I think it was proved to be so, although, I'm not sure BHA could afford one of proven calibre, even if available.

I'm not sure CH actually played a proper 4-3-3 until today, usually more like a 4-5-1. Team (before the game started) looked OK, except I expected Locadia as the target man and Andone as the second striker with one winger.

I agree that 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 is the best bet. Much better players are needed for 4-3-3.

i have doubts if the current squad can even beat Cardiff at home.

The greatest failure this season is the failure to create and score chances from open play. It was much better last season with the slow Pascal Groß.
                      CH is just a championship coach at best. brighton manager has to look at results. CH leaving = a fresh air for brighton as knocky the headless chicken will get trashed by any other coach who knows football. but brighton is too biased.. if those mistakes that knockaert makes were Jahanbakhsh's fault he would already been crucified 10 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        The doublethink for the BHA fans in their forum is surreal.

Obviously everyone is angry with Knockaert for his sending off, but there are quite a few comments saying "the game was already over by then".

Yes, it was over because at 1-0, Knockaert gave the ball away cheaply and Bournemouth scored on the break! Were it not for his mistake, the game would have not been over.
                        If that were JB they would have absolutely crucified him for that, but it's just been ignored.

The guy is the worst player I'd ever want to have, all he does is moan and throw his arms up at his teammates. The fans need to get past his form in the Championship.

EDIT: At least one fan on their forums gets it:

"He will never learn.
                        He has been allowed to make critical mistake after critical mistake at this level but has been indulged by manager and fans. He is a walking liability. He refuses to adjust his style to PL demands, continually overplays and regularly loses the ball.
                        Championship player at best. Lets get rid now and find a more solid, more consistent replacement. Leicester were right. They said he wasn't good enough at this level and they were right. Two or three cameos a season is simply not enough and is more than offset by the string of critical mistakes he makes."

Opinions have always been divided over Knockaert. I am not an enthusiast fan. But it is unfair to blame him for losing the ball in the opposing half when players of both sides (except Duffy and all of the Bmouth defence and Adam Smith) were losing the ball all over the shop.

At least, Knockaert won't need to be dropped!

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                          CH is just a championship coach at best. brighton manager has to look at results. CH leaving = a fresh air for brighton as knocky the headless chicken will get trashed by any other coach who knows football. but brighton is too biased.. if those mistakes that knockaert makes were Jahanbakhsh's fault he would already been crucified 10 weeks ago.
                          CH is a bit old fashioned: a criticism that could be levelled at Hodgson at Palace, Pulis, Benítez and Mounrinho. CH also has a defender mindset which does not endure him to home fans when the team is expected to attack.

There is quite a lot for the defensive mindset for keeping a new club in the top division. Also, the percentage football may be unattractive at times but is stats-based and works against teams outside the top six. If only players would follow the plan!?

To my mind, Montoya and Bernardo have not tuned into the need to defend when we are attacking. They do not read the games as well as Bruno and Bong.

Comment

So with knockaert being red carded this gives ARJ the chance to play in the next game in his natural right wing position where is more comfortable in? if so, this will give us a good view of how much playing on the left has effected his game in a tougher league than holland.

Comment

Opinions have always been divided over Knockaert. I am not an enthusiast fan. But it is unfair to blame him for losing the ball in the opposing half when players of both sides (except Duffy and all of the Bmouth defence and Adam Smith) were losing the ball all over the shop.

At least, Knockaert won't need to be dropped!
                              Give it up already man. this loss is all on knocky. before he gave away that stupid ball the game was 1-0. I still remember when brighton played Everton at home and Everton scored on a counter from a JB corner and the brighton forum slammed him for weeks so please stop lmao.

Comment

CH was ready to take Knockaert off just Minutes before his red card (I thunk I saw JB warming up at the side line),
                                Very unfortunate.
                                Knockaert...what can I say, he somehow reminds me of a budget Ribery, sometimes the stuff he does is good but most of the times he is acting and playing as if he is some brilliant footballer but its obvious its all show
                                I think this Brighton team as a whole is not functioning.
                                Just compare that to the great unit & family AZ Alkmaar was for JB and you will easily understand JB’s lack of confidence.
                                I have my fingers crossed for CH and JB for tuesday’s match against Cardiff.
                                CH has made a lot of wrong decisions regarding tactics and line-up but it is obvious that he is the only one who believes in JB at this club right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X