Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    dont believe that non sense for a second - hughton LOVES JB. he was scouting him for a long time, he went to holland with him for a ceremony ffs what kind of manager would do that for a player they didn't want?
    Exactly. If anything, it's vice versa.

Comment

Amazing how many of their fans can think things will get better now. Promoted, kept in the Premier League for 2 seasons, reached FA Cup semis...a long way down from there...

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...a_jahanbakhsh/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I haven’t read a lot of comments but fair play there is a lot of fans from other clubs on there sticking up for him, saying there’s only so much he could do with the tactics he has been made to play in. One guy said that you could see he was a decent player in the Man City game.

Comment

Brighton Fans on r/soccer seem much more level headed than the ones on Northstandchat.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              Brighton Fans on r/soccer seem much more level headed than the ones on Northstandchat.
              It’s nice to see fans of AZ and NEC stick up for him and say to give him time by saying he is a good player and also a very humble man. There is a lot of Ajax and PSV fans on their as well who would love to see him at their club.

Comment

I know the conspiracy theorists here who think JB isn’t liked or accepted by his team mates who deliberately don’t look to pass to him won’t agree with me here but Brighton is a club where JB can excel I firmly believe in that.

2 things held him back this year:

1. Chris Hughton’s style
                2. Injury, adapting to the speed and physicality of the prem

Now that both of those things are gone, in a club that has been very good to JB and with him feeling at home there, I will have every reason to be optimistic about his future ESPECIALLY if Potter becomes the new manager. That would be a dream come true honestly
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Swansea have turned down an approach from Brighton for Potter , I think he will go still though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48252290

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    I haven’t read a lot of comments but fair play there is a lot of fans from other clubs on there sticking up for him, saying there’s only so much he could do with the tactics he has been made to play in. One guy said that you could see he was a decent player in the Man City game.
                    I was definitely pleasantly surprised by how understanding so many other fans, particularly neutrals, are with that situation. Anyone who watched a Brighton game here and there knows about the 10-0-1 and the Eredivisie fans all vouched for how quality he was; even an Ajax fan said how impressed he was.

Comment

If you listen to the "totally Football Show" podcast, Michael Cox defended Jahanbakhsh as well, saying he hasn't had great form because he;s basically playing in Brighton's 1/3rd for the most part.

Comment

Not much of a surprise, and I expect to see more of him as these end of the year lists come out, but Jahanbakhsh ranked in this article are 4th worst EPL signing this year

http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-p...losers-2018-19

4. Alireza Jahanbakhsh, AZ to Brighton, £17.1m

Brighton narrowly held on to their own Premier League status and scoring was their biggest problem. Chris Hughton's club scored a mere 35 goals this season, the fewest among the 17 Premier League survivors this season. Just 16 of those goals came from open play, which ranked 19th among the 20 Premier League clubs, ahead of only Huddersfield Town. After 35-year-old Glenn Murray, the club's second-leading scorer was center-back Shane Duffy with five goals.

Brighton had to be hoping for more from Jahanbakhsh, who was a nonfactor during his first season in English football. That's almost literally true: in 1,022 minutes, the Iranian winger failed to record a goal or an assist for Brighton. It's obviously a disappointing return given that the 25-year-old led the Eredivisie with 21 goals in his final season at AZ. Jahanbakhsh did miss two months with a hamstring injury and then went to the Asian Cup upon returning, but at best he has been a peripheral figure even when available. Brighton will expect more from their record purchase next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          Swansea have turned down an approach from Brighton for Potter , I think he will go still though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48252290
                          Looks like this is the reason CH lost his job. Potter made a better fist vs Man City than CH in the FA Cup. Potter 1/6 on to join Brighton. He seems a good fit.

More confident about it than when CH signed when I was definitely underwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                            Looks like this is the reason CH lost his job. Potter made a better fist vs Man City than CH in the FA Cup. Potter 1/6 on to join Brighton. He seems a good fit.
                            More confident about it than when CH signed when I was definitely underwhelmed.
                            I was too harsh on Potter earlier at Swansea, people have been impressed with the job he has done there . He’s shown what he can do with the underdog , what he did in Sweeden was nothing short of amazing.

Comment

For those of you who think that Graham Potter can coach BHAFC, not possible :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48252290

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                                For those of you who think that Graham Potter can coach BHAFC, not possible :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48252290
                                It is still possible. Initial approach rejected means the initial offer/discussion between the clubs was not enough for Swansea.

Brighton can come back to the table with a better offer if they really want Potter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X