Does Queiroz deserve a Statue: YES or NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
    At this moment, with this government, I would rather see the renaming of Imam Khomeini International Airport. I would totally be for it!!

Otherwise, in a normal world; renaming of a wing of the TM training facilities will do.
    Also it would be a great idea to have statues of all the legends near stadiums; from coaches to players
    My beloved Toronto Maple Leafs have a legends row outside the stadium with statues. I would like something like this or a more formal football hall of fame...that would be something. Maybe even a sports HOF with a football wing as well as wings for other sports.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      For this alone, he deserves two statues. He poured his heart out for TM and our boys (and 80 million Iranians) in front of the world
      Lets give everyone a statue. A statue for you and you and you...

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Judging by his posts (St_Mark), I don't think he has the best command of the English language given that it probably was not his first language, with my utmost respect. He obviously tries and puts effort, but sometimes I just don't understand what he is saying.
        I don't understand the point he is making here?

Lots of people called him out that day, I only asked him a few simple questions, and he responded politely, and that was the end of that from my perspective. It's all in the link he posted below...

Where is the trolling?
        It was obvious I wasn't referring to him in this thread just now, and he goes back to a completely unrelated question from a month ago?

Makes me think, is even mentioning the name of "IR" in relation to Iran's football, considered "trolling"? And is he that sensitive about any mention of islamic republic, that he references a gentle conversation from a while back?

If it is then topic of IR's impact on iranian football is not easy for most members here to avoid... And I tend to talk about IR much less than others on this forum. Strange...

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
        You are a confused person.
        you trolling in TM thread is not fascinating but it fascinate you one reply to a third party in your thread.
        You replied to my post directly in my thread and asked me a question ( 05-26-2022, 04:44 PM)that I answered you.
        Didn't you?
        TM-News-Vol. 7 - Page 50 (persianfootball.com)

Comment

Now that the disciples of Imam Carlos Queiroz have lost all hopes of him to be TM head coach, they want his statute to be placed in Meydon Ferdosi.

Failing that

Next thread: Does CQ deserve to have a street in Tehran named after him: YES or NO
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
            Dude What??? Because he is a foreigner that’s a reason not to celebrate him?
            The man literally paid out of his pocket for TM plane tickets, visited Iranian orphanages with TM players and organized those events himself, and literally fought like hell against his own country with immense pride for representing Iran. I couldn’t find the post match press conference vs portugal but as a reminder he ripped the ref and fifa a new one and let the world know Iran got screwed by not having ronaldo sent off. A regular foreigner in Iran there to collect a paycheck would not go to that length…..no shot.
            If you don’t think he deserves one because you don’t think he transformed football in Iran that’s a totally different subject…..but to say that he is a foreigner and shouldn’t be celebrated bc he didn’t do anything to save lives (when he is a football coach not a doctor) is the most ridiculous reason one can mention given how much more gheyrat he exhibited in comparison to Iranians themselves.
            I didn't fully appreciate the xenophobia component of many Queiroz haters until today... I mean aside from the one member Tooleh Khers who refers to him as "The Mozambican"/African etc which I've tried to blank out... I guess it makes sense with signatures like "I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone", which is like something out of a Deutscher Arbeiterjugend handbook from the twenties

I mean I love my Iranian heritage so much, but I still value people who have contributed to the country from other nations. And in football we have likes of Queiroz, Ivic, O'Farrell etc... to thank. It's not controversial to give them some kind of credit for what they have done, no?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              I didn't fully appreciate the xenophobia component of many Queiroz haters until today... I mean aside from the one member Tooleh Khers who refers to him as "The Mozambican"/African etc which I've tried to blank out... I guess it makes sense with signatures like "I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone", which is like something out of a Deutscher Arbeiterjugend handbook from the twenties

I mean I love my Iranian heritage so much, but I still value people who have contributed to the country from other nations. And in football we have likes of Queiroz, Ivic, O'Farrell etc... to thank. It's not controversial to give them some kind of credit for what they have done, no?
              100%…..that kinda of talk is extremely IR-esque. Squash it anywhere I see it, again, especially in the circumstances where that “foreigner” has exhibited more Iranian pride than most Iranians themselves. He is one of us as far as I’m concerned….the quote in my signature is case and point along with all the actions I mentioned to back up his words.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

You keep mentioning this! This must be bugging you? Anyone else finds this I am Persian, I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone. bugging/annoying?
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                  You keep mentioning this! This must be bugging you? Anyone else finds this I am Persian, I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone. bugging/annoying?
                  Yeah. It doesn't have good connotations in my humble opinion.

I mean I'm Persian, I'm very proud of my heritage. I love the country and its culture, history etc...

But I didn't used the rule the world.

And "I will never be subservient to anyone" is like something from an SS manual with some kind of national purity connotations. We are all humans at the end of the day.

The whole tone puts the views towards a "foreigner" like CQ into context.

But who knows, maybe you're right and I'm on my own here.

Comment

Yeah. It doesn't have good connotations in my humble opinion.
                    I mean I'm Persian, I'm very proud of my heritage. I love the country and its culture, history etc...
                    But I didn't used the rule the world.
                    And "I will never be subservient to anyone" is like something from an SS manual with some kind of national purity connotations. We are all humans at the end of the day.
                    The whole tone puts the views towards a "foreigner" like CQ into context.
                    This is a very strange conclusion! Just because I am not particularly in favour of changing the head coach of TM at this moment - just like almost all of the TM players and many others - and see these threads as actually a very bad distraction to TM and which can bring division and disunity to the whole team, you look at my signature and conclude and imply I am a foreigner hater, IR esque, etc etc!! This is just typical!! Besides, this is against the forum rules isn't it?
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is a very strange conclusion! Just because I am not particularly in favour of changing the head coach of TM at this moment - just like almost all of the TM players and many others - and see these threads as actually a very bad distraction to TM and which can bring division and disunity to the whole team, you look at my signature and conclude imply I am a foreigner hater, IR esque, etc etc!! This is just typical!!
                      Can you advise where I have called you "IR esque"?

My point was more of a general, though diverse theme which incorporates the views of others who seem to dislike or at least not appreciate Queiroz, whether the members who keep calling him "The Mozambican"/"The African" as a way to put him down, or this kind of thing...

Originally posted by The View Post
                      In principal, not a huge fan of celebrating foreigners unless they did some very meaningful like saving lives of Iranians or some shit like that.

He was a decent bus driver, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                      Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                      Marc Wilmots shireh and will force all the Mozambican fans into their holes.
                      http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2640025

All I was suggesting was an undercurrent in terms of views of foreigners amongst the people on this forum who don't appreciate what he has done. And little hints of xenophobia here and there, with different flavours in each case.

Hey, maybe I'm totally wrong.

Comment

Can you advise where I have called you "IR esque"?
                        My point was more of a general theme which incorporates the views of others who seem to dislike or at least not appreciate Queiroz, whether the members who call him "The Mozambican"/"The African" or this kind of thing...
                        You started a thread and ask people if they think CQ deserves a statute. Do you want people to just vote? Or do you want to hear their opinions as well? If the whole point of a thread is to have posts, then you should be able to withstand opposing views. And don't get personal with people. You are getting personal with me because you refer to my signature and make conclusions. I wouldn't mind that. But your conclusion my friend is actually wrong. I don't hate or dislike foreigners. I appreciate anyone with any nationality that helps our country. I never hate or hated CQ. I didn't like his defensive park the bus style of football which he has sussed out would bring a lot of love for him because he worked out that most Iranian fans just want to win, they don't care about how they play football. He discovered what Gheyrat means and milked it. We did have decent loses against top teams but he also knew much about Portugal team. So no surprise he knew how not to get beat by that team. I don't hate him. I just don't think he deserves statute. There are many Iranians who are much ahead of him in the queue for statutes. And let me tell you just to refute I don't hate foreigners - I think even Sérgio Conceição is ahead of CQ in the queue for statute. Because he took an old boy Iranian player with talent like a rough diamond and polished him up and turned him into the best Iranian player at top level in our history. A joy to watch.
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                          sultan ali parvi
                          !تو محلهٔ ما علی دمبه صداش میزدند

Comment

You started a thread and ask people if they think CQ deserves a statute. Do you want people to just vote? Or do you want to hear their opinions as well? If the whole point of a thread is to have posts, then you should be able to withstand opposing views. And don't get personal with people. You are getting personal with me because you refer to my signature and make conclusions. I wouldn't mind that. But your conclusion my friend is actually wrong. I don't hate or dislike foreigners. I appreciate anyone with any nationality that helps our country. I never hate or hated CQ. I didn't like his defensive park the bus style of football which he has sussed out would bring a lot of love for him because he worked out that most Iranian fans just want to win, they don't care about how they play football. He discovered what Gheyrat means and milked it. We did have decent loses against top teams but he also knew much about Portugal team. So no surprise he knew how not to get beat by that team. I don't hate him. I just don't think he deserves statute. There are many Iranians who are much ahead of him in the queue for statutes. And let me tell you just to refute I don't hate foreigners - I think even Sérgio Conceição is ahead of CQ in the queue for statute. Because he took an old boy Iranian player with talent like a rough diamond and polished him up and turned him into the best Iranian player at top level in our history. A joy to watch.
                            No I am hearing your opinion, where am I stopping you from having a view, lol? The people who dislike him have had as much of a say in this thread as those who are in favour of him.

You have a right to say whatever you want, and others have a right to respectfully challenge this, no? I am not getting personal with you.

Is that not free speech?

Also you accused me of calling you "IR-esque" and haven't told me where I've done that. Can you do so please?

Comment

He deserves another 10 year contract. Look at where he got us in 8 years.
                              Another 10 years and we will be a force to be reckoned with.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I think even Sérgio Conceição is ahead of CQ in the queue for statute. Because he took an old boy Iranian player with talent like a rough diamond and polished him up and turned him into the best Iranian player at top level in our history. A joy to watch.
                                Your choice of Taremi was an odd one to choose here. SC has been great for his development, but (others aside) did he necessarily polish up the diamond Taremi much more than Carvalhal did?

And surely there were many involved in the development of this player, no? Including the guy who fast-tracked him over other players who were in Europe, to the anger of many on this forum (at the time), and who forged his move to Portuguese league after years in the wilderness of Qatari league, Turkish moves etc....

https://maisfutebol.iol.pt/mehdi-tar...dece-a-queiroz

CQ helping Mehdi move when no longer TM coach [emoji50]:

"Something Carlos Carvalhal himself mentioned at the end of the meeting between Rio Ave and CD Aves, in which Taremi scored three goals. For the Iranian striker to be there, it took a great deal of persuasion. “Taremi is here a little by accident. It wasn't a player we had the chance to get [for financial reasons]. It came from my persuasiveness and André Vilas-Boas [the former player, who is now Rio Ave's sporting director] and the great help of Carlos Queiroz and his translator. Because the player had to give up a lot of money to come to Rio Ave and to show up in Europe, ”said Carvalhal, after Rio Ave's rout against CD Aves."

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...19-2020/page35

https://www.teammelli.com/queiroz-ap...-mehdi-taremi/

CQ: “Mehdi Taremi is a great player with the potential to win in Europe. For 4, 5 years, he was a starter in the Iran national team,” the current Colombia coach told BOLA. Queiroz coached Iran from 2011 to 2018 leading the Persian to two consecutive FIFA World Cups 2014 and 2018. Queiroz introduced Taremi to Team Melli of Iran. Carlos Queiroz has no doubt that Rio Ave made the right choice in securing the services of the Iranian striker. “I hope he succeeds, he deserves everything, he is a great player and fantastic person. I never had doubts that he was an excellent player. I can only be proud of this moment and thankful for all he has done for me. He and other players called me Papa and that made me feel awkward but it is something I cannot ignore and always cherish ” Carlos Queiroz said with emotion.

Taremi: "Carlos Queiroz showed more faith in my than any other coach, it is he who I thank"

Strange option to choose...

Comment

Working...
                                X