Does Queiroz deserve a Statue: YES or NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Queiroz deserve a Statue: YES or NO

Guys, four decades of iranian football and I personally think he deserves this. Ivic, CQ, Mahdavikia and Daei in my humble opinion all deserve some kind of recognition and posterity.... Queiroz at the moment because of this team he has built. But let's not forget all the people who have built our football in the past and rescued us from some dark days...

“Queiroz is our football icon; someone I could see us building a statue for outside the Azadi Stadium.”

Carvalhal about Taremi's move to Portugal: "Taremi is here a little by accident. It wasn't a player we had the chance to get [for financial reasons]. It came from... the great help of Carlos Queiroz and his translator. Because the player had to give up a lot of money to come to Rio Ave and to show up in Europe"

https://www.thesportsman.com/article...ed-son-of-iran

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/0...-for-a-nation/
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Add Ak8 to that list for his footballing skills and the joy he brought when active.
    (i know some will jump on this and argue he had to many disputes.. but he shure entertained us like nobody else at those years.
    I have hard time seing we will have anybody playing the game like he did, we will be very lucky if this happens again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuJGS6FPisc
    https://www.facebook.com/AFCAsianCup...3921015136490/
    https://twitter.com/afcasiancup/stat...48841079009283
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
      Add Ak8 to that list for his footballing skills and the joy he brought when active.
      (i know some will jump on this and argue he had to many disputes.. but he shure entertained us like nobody else at those years.
      True, he gave us some special moments

Comment

For me, these are the special moments of following TM (1978 was too early for me...)

1) Iran VS Australia for which I thank Viera
        2) Iran vs USA victory for which I thank the work of Ivic and the plan on the day of Jalal, Hamid but especially our dynamo Mehdi Mahdavikia
        3) Iran vs Argentina "We are really a team" for which I thank our players and our MOTM but the discipline of Carlos Queiroz
        4) Iran vs Morocco victory vs a team with a squad worth 5-6 times more than ours on transfermarkt
        5) Iran vs Spain (No words, just respect)
        6) Iran vs Portugal (Ditto)

Six happy memories and just a strong desire to give credit where credit's due. There is no value to this happiness.

Comment

Been calling for this for 5 years now. Any man, woman or child that is against this deserves a fatwa.

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          May the Haddadifars and Mahinis rest in peace and all and replacing two of the starting back four has been no small feat but to somehow replace the two 100+ capped talismanic beating heart(s) of our team and two players who stood out so much in terms of class, pedigree and experience as Nekou and Andranik so seamlessly is the real mark of CQ's work. I can't have been the only one who shat it slightly looking at Ando's tears and realising we've just lost those two come 2018.
          Most teams would struggle with the loss of one figure of their ilk and have to go through years of randomers before managing to find something that is even close to respectable but CQ? Nah, I'll just make top class midfield replacements out of my current wingback and a 19 year-old debutant who I can give about 30 caps to by the time the tournament comes around and no one will even notice that we've just lost two of the nation's all-time greats in three years time. All with a national pool of players which to any normal person looks fairly crap. He's making wine out of water, I tell ya.
          Just give the man a statue outside Azadi already.
          Originally posted by Taz View Post
          Also, besides Iranian citizenship, the keys to Tehran and a statue outside Azadi, CQ needs a chant.
          Originally posted by Taz
          The passage of time may blur people's recollection of the past which is why it's absolutely vital we shut down any kind of anti-CQ talk before it has an opportunity to grow and affect people's perceptions, particularly for future generations. It's dangerous and is why we need that solid gold*statue*ASAP.
          Misinformation campaigns will fail, even if I have to shed blood as a martyr.

Comment

Sad that the need of some to worship a guy ("bot parasti") makes them hate other guys...

Comment

3 people need statue

sultan ali parvi as player
              heshmat mohajerani iranian coach
              cq forigner coach

ANYONE ELSE?

outside of azadi stadium
              like MOUNTAIN RUSH type statues
              which can get added on as time goes.

Comment

No because:

A) Statues are dumb. Only useful for bird to shit on.

B) In principal, not a huge fan of celebrating foreigners unless they did some very meaningful like saving lives of Iranians or some shit like that.

C) his greatest achievement with Iran (Morocco win) happened because some bald dude forgot how to head the ball.

D) He was a decent bus driver, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

he finally got our national team international caliber training facilities. For that alone he deserves one, even though when he was in charge of TM he could only train on it a handful of times, now it is used for the senior side, all junior age groups, and womens national teams.

Before that I feel like people dont remember the charade regarding our teams facilities.

For this alone he deserves a statue.

Comment

For this alone, he deserves two statues. He poured his heart out for TM and our boys (and 80 million Iranians) in front of the world

Comment

and someone to clean the statue………

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                        Sad that the need of some to worship a guy ("bot parasti") makes them hate other guys...
                        It's a simple compare and contrast (no hate from me). But imho, on his best day, Skocic couldn't shine CQ's shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                          and someone to clean the statue………

is that "PASHMAK haj abdullah" in his hand.
                          i think thats pistachio flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            It's a simple compare and contrast (no hate from me). But imho, on his best day, Skocic couldn't shine CQ's shoes.
                            I appreciate your view always. Let me see if I can explain myself better. Lets take your comment above. I have no problem with you or anyone else saying: "CQ was our best coach ever. He did so much for our soccer and we should should be grateful to him for having led our team for 8 years." Praise him all you want. No problem. It is the "Skocic couldn't shine CQ's shoes" that bothers me. Skocic is our TM coach right now. And when fans talk about him that way, he can act and try not to let it affect him, but it puts him under unnecessary pressure. Why should we as fans of TM put our coach under extra pressure?

Skocic was certainly aware of all the complaints about him and how unpopular he is. That was obvious in his interview with Adel. He can only act like it doesn't bother him for so long but you know it will. I'd rather he work till 3 am analyzing England instead of saying hell with it, lets go to bed at 10. I really feel we should support TM from now on. If CQ comes back, I'll be the first to support him. But as long as Skocic is the coach, let us as fans do everything we can to support TM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              No because:

B) In principal, not a huge fan of celebrating foreigners unless they did some very meaningful like saving lives of Iranians or some shit like that.
                              Dude What??? Because he is a foreigner that’s a reason not to celebrate him?

The man literally paid out of his pocket for TM plane tickets, visited Iranian orphanages with TM players and organized those events himself, and literally fought like hell against his own country with immense pride for representing Iran. I couldn’t find the post match press conference vs portugal but as a reminder he ripped the ref and fifa a new one and let the world know Iran got screwed by not having ronaldo sent off. A regular foreigner in Iran there to collect a paycheck would not go to that length…..no shot.

If you don’t think he deserves one because you don’t think he transformed football in Iran that’s a totally different subject…..but to say that he is a foreigner and shouldn’t be celebrated bc he didn’t do anything to save lives (when he is a football coach not a doctor) is the most ridiculous reason one can mention given how much more gheyrat he exhibited in comparison to Iranians themselves.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X