This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St. Petersburg 2021/22

Since he is still at Zenit as we are talking, let’s continue here. As much as I hate to make this thread and preferred another team in a top 3 league, there is still no team that made a concrete offer for our best player so let’s continue here. First league game in 6 days against Khimki.

Since the transfer market of the major leagues does not close until 31.08.2021, there is still enough time. As soon as the first big club announces a transfer, it will really start. Sardar has to score regularly in the next few games and then I am very confident that he will move to a good club. He better score in every game because that should be his goal. As much as I would like him to go to a top team, I think he should go to a team with an offensive philosophy and not to teams that are very defensive like Atletico Madrid

Comment

Zenit has too much money and won’t sell him. They will let him go for free if they don’t extend him. They cannot replace him, so wait till next year when he is a free agent.

Don’t get your hopes up.

Comment

It's ridiculous that Milan rates that french frog Giroud over Azmoun, who by all means is at least ten times the player that Giroud is.

Comment

Originally posted by AM_89 View Post
          Zenit has too much money and won’t sell him. They will let him go for free if they don’t extend him. They cannot replace him, so wait till next year when he is a free agent.

Don’t get your hopes up.
          Agreed. There was a member who very logically and smartly laid this fact out with all the explanations last week in the 2020-21 thread.

That said, hopefully there is a major team out there who wants Sardar badly enough for the upcoming year to force Zenit to sell. At some point the numbers of Zenit making another CL and performing well by their standards will have to be compensated by this other team, who should look at their own financial upside of bringing Sardar in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
            It's ridiculous that Milan rates that french frog Giroud over Azmoun, who by all means is at least ten times the player that Giroud is.
            No. They paid Giroud only 2 mil. Sardar with his transfer fee and salary is literally 10 times that.

Comment

No. They paid Giroud only 2 mil. Sardar with his transfer fee and salary is literally 10 times that.
              Well that is indeed how the transfermarket works, Milan would have to pay ten times more for Sardar but they also get a player that is at least 10 times better and 9 years younger. Meanwhile Milan gets.an old washed up player while Iranians complain why Azmoun is still playing for Zenit.

Comment

Well that is indeed how the transfermarket works, Milan would have to pay ten times more for Sardar but they also get a player that is at least 10 times better and 9 years younger. Meanwhile Milan gets.an old washed up player while Iranians complain why Azmoun is still playing for Zenit.
                Here's an analogy - you don't buy a Bentley when all you can afford is a BMW.

Plus, seems a real possibility Sardar is going to be a free agent and no need for transfer fee next year. They can literally save 20 million next year by waiting one more year.

Comment

Giroud is far from washed up, Hes proven in the big leagues and not as much of a risk as Sardar

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post
                    Giroud is far from washed up, Hes proven in the big leagues and not as much of a risk as Sardar
                    Exactly. Sardar is not a risk, he will produce, but when you're getting Giroud at a fraction (literally 1/10th) of the price - it's worth it.

Comment

Here's an analogy maybe you can understand - you don't buy a Bentley when all you can afford is a BMW.
                      Plus, seems a real possibility Sardar is going to be a free agent and no need for transfer fee next year. They can literally save 20 million next year by waiting one more year.
                      If Milan was really interested in Azmoun they could easily afford him. Reality is that they wrongly rate Giroud higher.

Regarding your second part, that is not how the transfermarket works, first of all Milan cannot know if Azmoun will extend with Zenit or not because they cannot look into the future and even if he does not extend they do not know if he would choose Milan ahead of other clubs that might want him. No professional club that is interested in a player will say well his contract will end in a year and we will cross our fingers and hope he'll choose us because we have really nice shirts or history etc, they make offers based on the present situation. Who do we want and what can we offer. Azmoun is by no means an expensive player, especially if you consider the quality that he brings.

Comment

If Milan was really interested in Azmoun they could easily afford him. Reality is that they wrongly rate Giroud higher.
                        Regarding your second part, that is not how the transfermarket works, first of all Milan cannot know if Azmoun will extend with Zenit or not because they cannot look into the future and even if he does not extend they do not know if he would choose Milan ahead of other clubs that might want him. No professional club that is interested in a player will say well his contract will end in a year and we will cross our fingers and hope he'll choose us because we have really nice shirts or history etc, they make offers based on the present situation. Who do we want and what can we offer. Azmoun is by no means an expensive player, especially if you consider the quality that he brings.
                        I think it's an issue of value. They may see Giroud as more valuable than Azmoun at 2/mil vs. 22/mil (transfer + salary) for example, at their current rate. And I think they are justified in their thinking.

22-25 (transfer fee + salary) is expensive in a world that is still battling from economic ramifications of Covid.

We both agree Azmoun would have kicked ass at Milan. But Giroud is still a solid player.

Comment

i hate to say it, but sardar is a risk. in all honesty if i was milan i would have got giroud

Comment

I don't see Giroud for $2M... It looks like Chelsea gets $1.2M-2.4M depending on certain goals achieved and Giroud gets $4.1M per year for 2 years and an option for a third year. So total cost for Giroud for two years is $4.7M-$5.3m per year which seems fair to me for excellent forwards how are approaching retirement...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daniele...h=df5c44549614

Comment

90 goals in 255 EPL games, WC and UCL winner medals and people are questioning the logic of signing him for the price of a barbari? Give your heads a wobble.

Comment

Working...
                              X