Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did we produce two top class international standard CFs who play brilliantly together only to pair them with one of our worst midfields ever...

Nevermind that, just watch this goal on repeat.

Comment

"Chelsea 0-1 Porto (2-1 agg): Stunning Taremi strike in vain as Blues reach last four"

Porto were devoid of ideas in a drab quarter-final second leg until substitute Taremi's sublime acrobatic strike gave them a glimmer of hope.

Sergio Conceicao introduced Taremi after 63 minutes and the striker had half a chance soon after coming on, but failed to generate enough power on a header that was comfortably saved by Mendy.

Taremi gave Porto victory on the night with a brilliant bicycle kick in the 93rd minute, but the damage had already been done.

https://www.livescore.com/en/news/ch...1321080472082/

Comment

Taremi's goal won porto an additional EU2.7 Mil

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          how did we produce two top class international standard CFs who play brilliantly together only to pair them with one of our worst midfields ever...
          Sometimes, I'm thinking: perhaps, since we currently don't seem to be able to put together a world class midfield, maybe we should just BYPASS it alltogether!

Try to find a really big and tall AM who's good at collecting long balls and laying them off to Taremi and Azmoun.

Picture: a top of the line defense and decent defensive midfield playing hoofballs forward, coupled with two world class strikers dispatched by a target hoofball collector.

I'm only half joking...

Comment

Taremi has more than paid for his relatively meager salary. It's time to move on to bigger things!

Comment

It won diz an additional $80 too (thanks Mehdi for rescuing some of my betting today!)

Comment

Damesh garm.
                He did well... Coach should at least have brought him from the start of the 2nd
                Typical portugese coaches mind..

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

This video already up to 282K views (at time of posting; less than an hour after the final whistle)

Comment

Be interesting to see SC press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      "Chelsea 0-1 Porto (2-1 agg): Stunning Taremi strike in vain as Blues reach last four"

Porto were devoid of ideas in a drab quarter-final second leg until substitute Taremi's sublime acrobatic strike gave them a glimmer of hope.

Sergio Conceicao introduced Taremi after 63 minutes and the striker had half a chance soon after coming on, but failed to generate enough power on a header that was comfortably saved by Mendy.

Taremi gave Porto victory on the night with a brilliant bicycle kick in the 93rd minute, but the damage had already been done.

https://www.livescore.com/en/news/ch...1321080472082/
                      So nice to read stuff like this about one of our boys.

What does it mean? Disciplined Blues march on

Chelsea looked untroubled as Porto had plenty of the ball but were unable to break the Premier League side down until a moment of magic from Taremi. This was a first Champions League defeat of the season for the Blues, but that will not be a concern for Thomas Tuchel as he eyes two trophies just a few months after replacing Frank Lampard.

Taremi's thunderbolt was only Porto's second shot on target as they were unable to end a 17-year wait to reach the semi-finals of the competition.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

i genuinely think with the current traction hes getting he can get a good transfer

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          I cannot stand British media. Such pompous attitude.
                          I know.
                          the motherf**kers couldnt take getting scored on, even when they won. so the commentators started saying he "shinned" it and it was his shin and wasnt executed correctly or some f**king garbage the brits are well known for!

well f&%k you and your f&%ked up football

I hate Madrid. But I hope they rape pool ... again. if for nothing else, but to hear these brit commentators shit themselves and weep on TV

Comment

They gave a valiant effort at least. QF for a team hampered with financial issues (now they are off FFP watchlist heading into summer thanks to frugal spending and this CL run which brought them EU 80 million).

This CL they lost narrowly away to city, drew them at home, beat Olympiakos,Marseille without any issues home and away, pulled off huge scalp against Juventus, and split games with one of the most in form sides in europe, Chelsea.

End of the day the aggregate score of 2-1 comes down to not taking chances in first leg where they played very well overall (no taremi killed them there) and not being brave enough, creating enough danger in second leg (again no taremi for 60 mins killed them).

Still in with fighting chance of winning league. But even if they dont a solid season. For next year I like to see what moves they make. For sure they need an upgraded LB (Zaidu is not competent at this level right now, offensively or defensively), a quality #10 to go with uribe and sergio in the midfield, and if they can a CB upgrade too. Pepe who they already confirmed from brazil will be a good upgrade on tecatito in the long run I think, he was horrendous tonight and weak all season imo.

Comment

Live SC conference, if anyone can translate and live post

Comment

Bayern ought to reignite the Iranian connection and stop embarrassing themselves by fielding Stoke City rejects in a CL quarter-final.

Comment

Working...
                                X