Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, but playing time at the club matters. Most national team coaches demand that their players have to play regularly at their clubs or they would be excluded. There are exceptions here and there, but that is in general the rule: "You do not play at your club, you do not play on the national team".

JB for whatever reason has not played consistently. I blame that con-artist Potter for it, but that is besides the point. GAME FORM comes from GAME TIME. He does not have it. Blame Potter, his teammates, the shitty English fans, or Boris Johnson for it, makes no difference.

Either he has to play regularly, or TM should look for alternatives.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      Sorry, but playing time at the club matters. Most national team coaches demand that their players have to play regularly at their clubs or they would be excluded. There are exceptions here and there, but that is in general the rule: "You do not play at your club, you do not play on the national team".

JB for whatever reason has not played consistently. I blame that con-artist Potter for it, but that is besides the point. GAME FORM comes from GAME TIME. He does not have it. Blame Potter, his teammates, the shitty English fans, or Boris Johnson for it, makes no difference.

Either he has to play regularly, or TM should look for alternatives.
      agreed. Hard to die on the ARJ must start for TM hill when you just consider physically he is almost always injured. IF he plays back to back games for 90 mins for TM he will almost certainly be out of commission for 2+ months. You cant rely on a player like that. Have him in squad, yes, but until his form is back and physically he is stable you cannot put so much expectations on the guy.

Comment

It's true. My point is I think ARJ falls within that list of exceptions such is the gulf in class between him and some of the competition. At this point I'd like to compare him to the likes of Bale for Wales but as inarsenewetrust points out, I'm not actually sure ARJ has had much of an impact for TM so I'm politely going to step away from the discussion

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          Beiro/Abedz

Moharrami-PAG-Shoja-Milad

-----------Ezatolahi---------
          ----Ghoddos----Amiri/Nourollahi

Gholizadeh----Azmoun---Taremi
          I really like this lineup. The problem is I think they are really keen on using Gholizadeh as an AM for TM. I like using both Saman and Gholi in the lineup together, but I think they will stick with ARJ at the wing. For me, the only reason to bump Saman out of the starting lineup is if Allahyar continues to improve and makes it so playing him on the wing and Gholi as AM is the best option. But right now I prefer Saman=AM/Gholi=Wing over Gholi=AM/ARJ=Wing.
          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            Even if we go with the premise that Brighton is a Championship level club (which is incorrect), There's not a single club in asian football which could even beat Brighton's B team ( team that beat Portsmouth earlier last year). Forget PGPL, even the Asian Champions league (best of the best of asia) doesn't even come close to the quality of the Championship.
            Haha if that was true then the mighty English national team would trash TM with 30-0, considering that the mighty English players all star in the Premier League at their best clubs. Your thesis has nothing to do with reality, but more with your imagination and having a low opinion of Iranian footballers while holding European footballers in a very high regard, as if they are some kind of supermen. The reality is that TM with a good coach (someone like Queiroz or better) is very much capable of beating the English national team, the same goes for Iranian top clubs such as Perspolis, Esteghlal and Sepahan being more than capable of beating Premier League clubs such as FC Brighton, Newcaste United and the likes granted they have a good and professional coaching staff, which is the determining factor as Queiroz vs Wilmots has shown. Now i am realistic, our topclubs would stand very little chance against English topclubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City as the difference in quality is too big (even then smaller clubs can pull an upset as has been proven in the Premier League and other leagues), but the difference between our top and mid to lower ranged Premier League clubs is not that big. Your logic is rooted in an inferiority complex which many Iranians (especially in the diaspora) have.

Lastly, let's not forget that Jahanbakhsh has not been anything special for TM so far, so unless he gets his club situation sorted out and becomes a fixed player for his club, he will be replaced by other more talented players.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
              Haha if that was true then the mighty English national team would trash TM with 30-0, considering that the mighty English players all star in the Premier League at their best clubs. Your thesis has nothing to do with reality, but more with your imagination and having a low opinion of Iranian footballers while holding European footballers in a very high regard, as if they are some kind of supermen. The reality is that TM with a good coach (someone like Queiroz or better) is very much capable of beating the English national team, the same goes for Iranian top clubs such as Perspolis, Esteghlal and Sepahan being more than capable of beating Premier League clubs such as FC Brighton, Newcaste United and the likes granted they have a good and professional coaching staff, which is the determining factor as Queiroz vs Wilmots has shown. Now i am realistic, our topclubs would stand very little chance against English topclubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City as the difference in quality is too big (even then smaller clubs can pull an upset as has been proven in the Premier League and other leagues), but the difference between our top and mid to lower ranged Premier League clubs is not that big. Your logic is rooted in an inferiority complex which many Iranians (especially in the diaspora) have.

Lastly, let's not forget that Jahanbakhsh has not been anything special for TM so far, so unless he gets his club situation sorted out and becomes a fixed player for his club, he will be replaced by other more talented players.
              You're right bro, the reason I think Asian football isn't on par with EPL or La Liga is because my dad didn't look at me the way he looked at other boys or some deep psychological issues like that, and not because people like Junior Negrao end-up dominating asian football.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                Again with the massive exaggerations??? Why am I not surprised lol. Nothing he said insinuates that TM would get thrashed 30-0. TM is comprised of guys like Sardar, Taremi, Gholizadeh, Ghoddos, etc. who play their trade in Europe, not Iran. The prem is also comprised of as much foreign players as English players. So you’re not even close at making a sound argument.

Talking about imaginations.....2 aghayeh goals just went to Portugal (ranked anywhere from 6-10th best league in the world) and flopped so bad that one is about to come back and you’re trying to say Asian teams will dominate European caliber teams seems like you admire CQ.....did you miss the time when he said to himself “wow PGPL players are so bad I have to go to Belgian 2nd division to find a starting striker” ....that guys name is Reza Ghoochannejhad who went on to be a TM legend. If he had the Azizi-esque mentality that you have thinking PGPL is superior to Premier League bench warmers or championship caliber players like you said he surely wouldn’t have gone that low to look for a striker, right?

In no way shape or form will JB be replaced bc thankfully, we have a competent manager who knows and understands the caliber and level that our players play and train in matters. JB will run circles around any Mohebi or Nemati you could think of.

You're right bro, the reason I think Asian football isn't on par with EPL or La Liga is because my dad didn't look at me the way he looked at other boys or some deep psychological issues like that, and not because people like Junior Negrao end-up dominating asian football.
                Couldn’t have said it better myself lol.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

What I’m taking from this is to blame Boris Johnson 😂

Anyway , Brighton don’t have a mid week game and play in the 8pm (GMT) at home to Leicester on Saturday - that is usually the Sky Sports live game.

Leicester were lucky to draw away at Burnley tonight , Burnley who have the attacking force of me trying to get off my sofa had 12 shots against them (7 on target , Schmeichel had some great saves). Which will mean Brighton will have 30 shots and still lose 1-0

Helping Brighton is that Leicester have no Barnes, Maddison isn’t fit (may be back for this game though ) , Evans is injured, so is Perez. They looked lost against Arsenal and Vardy really needs Maddison and Barnes behind him.

Comment

Leicester will walk over Brighton. Brighton's style gives them way too much space.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-barbecue-snow

Nice interview with Mac Allister. Nothing on ARJ but when has that ever been a deciding factor on what to post in this thread

Comment

Even if we go with the premise that Brighton is a Championship level club (which is incorrect), There's not a single club in asian football which could even beat Brighton's B team ( team that beat Portsmouth earlier last year). Forget PGPL, even the Asian Champions league (best of the best of asia) doesn't even come close to the quality of the Championship.
                        Basically the bottom half of PL and the top half of the CL are at the same level. If you plucked a team from the top half of the CL and put them in PL they would most likely survive. Brighton would struggle against a top Iranian team. It would be very interesting to see. But my bet would be on the top three four Iranian teams.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Would agree that there's little difference between some of the top Championship sides and some of the lower-level PL sides.

Brighton struggling against PGPL sides is the sort of talk that will have you sent to a mental health institution, though.

Even if you don't want to admit to the ridiculous gulf in class from simply watching the respectives matches or analysing the club world cup performances over the years, simply tracking the talent and their achievements in respective continents demonstrates it.

As has been said, some absolute bum like Junior Negao, a failed 2nd division Brazillian footballer rocks up in Asia and destroys the continent with Messi-esque numbers for 5 straight seasons. Mame Thiam (admittedly a player who actually retained some respectable level of ability and at a young age) goes to Tehran for a 6 month sight-seeing tour and gives so much to the country they rename the female breast in honour of him.

Persepolis would be relegated if they were to play in the championship. The only question is how low down the divisions they would sink.

Comment

BHA should start and give full 90 to Ali vs leicester ....!! time to dress our boy up and put him on the Shop Window..!!
                            maybe then they can recover about half what they forked over for him .... especially so if it another prem side .... if his minutes on pitch continue as before other league teams are unlikely to offer even a 1/4 of that figure to land his sigi..!

Lcfc been interested before ....just not quiet at his earlier valuation that BHA were eager to fork over to AZ.... also their front 3 are aging and injury prone... could use the depth too as likely they'll be involved in too many competitions next season..!!

here is to prey and hoping for ☝️ miracle scenario to pan out..!! p

Comment

As I have said before, JB's situation does not make any sense at all.

If he is not good enough and he is one of your most expensive players, why not loan him out, pay part of his salary, and recover at least some of his wages.

If he is good enough, then give him a decent run of games to let him gel with his team. A few minutes here and there will not help anyone.

If he was a young 18 year old, it would make sense to hold on to him as his value would have a chance to increase. But at JB's age, every single day, his value is reduced. Why hold on to him, pay all of his wages, and destroy his career at the same time.

It just does not make any sense, from a business or footballing perspective!!
                              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

As I have said before, JB's situation does not make any sense at all.

If he is not good enough and he is one of your most expensive players, why not loan him out, pay part of his salary, and recover at least some of his wages.

If he is good enough, then give him a decent run of games to let him gel with his team. A few minutes here and there will not help anyone.

If he was a young 18 year old, it would make sense to hold on to him as his value would have a chance to increase. But at JB's age, every single day, his value is reduced. Why hold on to him, pay all of his wages, and destroy his career at the same time.

It just does not make any sense, from a business or footballing perspective!!
                                Well, they also gave Potter a 5 year contract for getting the same results at CH (who they sacked). So, the lack of logic is at least consistent.

Comment

Working...
                                X