Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what now... where do we go from here? Am I the only one who is thinking about stop following Iran football after all these years. It’s not because of CQ leaving ( coaches come and go). But just how it all adds up. The BS federation, the government involvement in our football. Our horrible league it’s not even a pro league. The always lack of funds. Never any ownership of mistakes it’s Always someone else’s fault.When was the last time we celebrated a trophy in international tournaments. Club or National team. It’s just all too much. It’s frustrating too see other countries progress while we fight and fight it’s always the same year after year. It’s been like this I know for years and years. But at the end is it really worth it for us as fans to hear the same stories over and over, same excuses over and over again .I’m beginning to think not.Not sure if anyone else is having the same thoughts about Iranian Football!

Comment

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
      So what now... where do we go from here? Am I the only one who is thinking about stop following Iran football after all these years. It’s not because of CQ leaving ( coaches come and go). But just how it all adds up. The BS federation, the government involvement in our football. Our horrible league it’s not even a pro league. The always lack of funds. Never any ownership of mistakes it’s Always someone else’s fault.When was the last time we celebrated a trophy in international tournaments. Club or National team. It’s just all too much. It’s frustrating too see other countries progress while we fight and fight it’s always the same year after year. It’s been like this I know for years and years. But at the end is it really worth it for us as fans to hear the same stories over and over, same excuses over and over again .I’m beginning to think not.Not sure if anyone else is having the same thoughts about Iranian Football!
      baradare aziz,
      Teammelli is a non stop love. you might stop but the passion within you will always win and you will come back no matter what. You r right we didnt deliver... specially when we were closer to winning it in 1996 and 2004 but with the referee blunder or cheating... we didn't win them all the way... for me Iran was the champion no matter what we may think..
      I think Iran needs to host an Asian Cup, pre-plan for it... Asian Cup for Iran will be similar to the World Cup for Korea and Japan hosted which changed their football Structure and Mentality forever.. I am not saying we might win it. no.. Many hosts don't win at all but it will be an experience for our managers, players, coaches, even our fans in Iran who need to learn a lot and keep aside hashieh...... We need to host something big and then the true spending will come out like what they did to Azadi Stadium in matter of days for ACL clash between persepolis and Kashima antlers... but on a much much larger Scale...this will fix some of the infrastructure and the only way we can have something decent for the whole of Iran specially the big cities... Shiraz a major city has only a semi decent stadium.. We need to think professional.
      Last but not least we must work on youth development... I know they will never build a youth football academy like Qatar's Aspire, but at least something as half decent as Aspire if you cant afford Aspire like Academy. We need a structural change in our football. My hope for the meanwhile is Kia's Football Academy who is really investing on the pool of talent precisely. And will harvest the fruit in coming 10 years.. maybe 1 or 2 more generations. I guess Kia's football needs to make great accomplishments and later build a big stadium or rent a good stadium to continue with the same players in 1st team...or else they join other clubs in IPL and their talent is doomed.

Comment

According to V3 the Chinese are trying to hold a 4 Nation Football tournament in March. They have invited Iran but no decision from IFF yet.Both China & Iran are in search of new Coaches.

Qatar has been invited too.

تیم ملی در تورنمنت چین؛ نهایی نیست

حضور تیم ملی در تورنمنت چهار جانبه چین هنوز نهایی نشده است به این خاطر که فدراسیون فوتبال هنوز پاسخ صریحی به چینی ها نداده است.

برنامه فشرده فلیکس سانچز را منصرف می کند؟

رقابت ایران و قطر برای بازی با اروگوئه و پاراگوئه

روزنامه الرایه خبر داد که تیم ملی قطر با پیشنهادی برای حضور در تورنمنت 4 جانبه چین مواجه شده است.
        Last edited by St_Mark; 02-07-2019, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Understand...frustrating times.
          Don't give up, it's a miracle we even have a visible TM.
          Most of us are not working together as a team to improve the situation in Iran, all I can do as an individual is support those who are.
          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Our league compete and do decent every year against big spending Qatari, Emiratis and even reach the final last season, when they weren't ridiculous against the Japanese club. Our league sometimes welcome good foreigners (like Thiam, Constant, Stokes) and also export iranian players in Europe that are far from ridiculous there. Of course, it could be better.

Not winning anything on national team level isn't dramatic. Nobody will remember the winner of the last asian cup in two months, and a lot of respectable national teams doesn't win the world cup

Comment

Supporting Team Melli is a journey in itself. While I understand the frustration, will our footballers and the Iranian people see positive things if we stop our support? It will not. It will only get worse as footballers thrive on support from fans and country. Pardon me if I sound like I am telling people what to do. But I think we are not helping the situation if we stop our support. If the environment is tough, then all the more Team Melli needs our support.
              A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

There were many moments the past 20 years TM got bad results or bad coaches or whatever that made a fan want to stop watching iranian football… Just look at the year 2001, Iran loses to Bahrain and the dreams of 2002 WC is thrown down the toilet. Well better days came, in 2004 Iran became 3rd in Asian Cup and later also qualified to WC 2006… After this everything went downhill, AC 2007 was a joke. We get Daei as a head coach, i like the guy but he did not have what it takes to be TM coach. Played some bezan ziresh football, lost to Saudi at home and yes things looked horrible for our football. Again as a fan you could stop watching iranian football right then in 2009. Ghotbi comes and nothing happens, we fail to qualify to WC 2010 and also have bad results in AC 2011. CQ comes and in my mind the whole 2014 WCQ was a roller coaster, losses to UZB/Libanon and being outplayed against South Korea both times we play them. But still we managed to qualify to WC 2014. My point is that things goes up and down with our football and that good and bad days is part of our football. If things dont go well now then maybe in 2-4 years it will look different. In the end of the day we are still a top 4 power in Asia, even with all these flaws that we have inside the country. To be among the top 4 in Asia is enough to qualify to the world cup. I dont see a reason to stop following Iranian football if your a Iranian football fan. Nothing has happend yet anyway, we are looking for a new coach. Lets see what happens in the future

Comment

Interesting interview football vs koshti by national hero mohammad bana
                  https://tamasha.com/v/4Y1ne

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    Everyone watch Cheshmi at 4:13 please.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      Everyone watch Cheshmi at 4:13 please.
                      Christiano Cheshmnaldo

Comment

Yet another testament to the importance of preparation starting from the bottom up for football success to be possible.
                        https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...-2019-victory/

Comment

Zabonam laal, if we go after Vatani coach, we should either get Daei or GN, no other Vatani coach can implement discipline as much as them.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Zabonam laal, if we go after Vatani coach, we should either get Daei or GN, no other Vatani coach can implement discipline as much as them.
                            I'd say, zaboonam lal, in such a situation, we should go after someone who can pick up after CQ and continue with his ideas/vision. After 8 years, Markar Aghajanian is the only one who comes to mind. I know he's inexperienced but he has at least worked with CQ for years and knows the knowledge to some extent.

But hopefully it wont come to that! Taj has promised someone at the level of CQ so let's see if he can keep his promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              I'd say, zaboonam lal, in such a situation, we should go after someone who can pick up after CQ and continue with his ideas/vision. After 8 years, Markar Aghajanian is the only one who comes to mind. I know he's inexperienced but he has at least worked with CQ for years and knows the knowledge to some extent.

But hopefully it wont come to that! Taj has promised someone at the level of CQ so let's see if he can keep his promise.
                              Markar is not a head coach yet. He must be a head coach in IPL at least several years to judge whether he is qualified for this position or not. We need a decent foreign coach with new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
                                Markar is not a head coach yet. He must be a head coach in IPL at least several years to judge whether he is qualified for this position or not. We need a decent foreign coach with new ideas.
                                hummm....yes! That is what we have to do in an ideal situation. But we were now speculating the "unthinkable". Let's say it's between Markar, Ghalenoei and Mayeli Kohan. Which one would you choose?

Comment

Working...
                                X