No announcement yet.

Iran-Croatia 2006 Friendly (Video Clip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back then we weren't under any type of sanctions and believe it or not we had a much better foreign relationships than today.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
      Yeah cancel Japan, and Uzbekistan and just hope for Kenya to play with us? We are back at no friendly, cancellation mode! Let us ask Somali Pirates or Yemeni Houthis for a friendly match in Mugadishu or Saadeh! They will ask for less money, so it is good.
      Cancelled? the friendlies you spoke weren't even finalized. That's true that playing Japan and Uzbekistan, after Chile and Sweden is absolutely vital to win against the terrible Oman, Turkmenistan, etc..

Comment

Iran-Croatia 2006 Friendly (Video Clip)

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        what's the problem? We have camps (that we didn't have before), we play reserve teams (part of the camp or the training) and have decent friendlies a little bit more regularly than before (Montenegro, Angola, Belarus, SK, Iraq, Chile, Sweden).

I prefer to have my players training together and try to get synch against reserve teams rather than having them stay home, eating chelo kabak in front of TV.
        God you are such a tough person to have any discussions with. You ask what's my problem, and I will answer again:

We play their reserve teams. We don't learn much from playing B leftovers, we need quality friendlies as a part of long term planning for World Cup 2018. It starts today.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Cancelled? the friendlies you spoke weren't even finalized. That's true that playing Japan and Uzbekistan, after Chile and Sweden is absolutely vital to win against the terrible Oman, Turkmenistan, etc..
          Iran won't get any serious opponent up to next qualifying round. It is vital to keep the team in good consistent shape by playing at least the teams in Uzbekistan or Japan level. That is the important reason. Other than Oman, no team gives us a half decent challenge. If CQ wants to add new players or fix the problem of current squad, he needs serious friendlies not meaningless matches. We are about to replace many key players and there are not enough FIFA days for us. Our new replacements should gain enough experience and confidence before round 3 of WCQ. This time around qualification is harder than last time. And if you pay attention we barely made it in 2013.

1. We need to find a serious replacement for Neko
          2. A replacement and a back up for Pooladi as he is sarbaz farari
          3. Our goal keeper is not ready, we should give more playing time to Beiranvand and find a reliable 3rd choice.
          4. A replacement for Jalal husseini, he is 33 and will be 36 for WC.
          5. A possible back up for Ando
          6. We need a new 3rd forward
          7. We will be replacing Dejagah with JB, if Ashkan remains in Qatar league. So a possible back up for JB is necessary.
          8. We need more serious matches to find the right position for Haj Safi and Amiri. They both play very well.
          9. We lack a play maker like Karimi. Khalatbari and Shojai are both over 30 so a younger player is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Back the day when we were ranked 15th in the world and used to have quality friendlies like Croatia, Germany and Bosnia.

Yadesh bekheir!
            Good times man, hopefully with CQ we can work our way up again and with our emerging youth talents I think this is definately possible.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
              Iran won't get any serious opponent up to next qualifying round. It is vital to keep the team in good consistent shape by playing at least the teams in Uzbekistan or Japan level. That is the important reason. Other than Oman, no team gives us a half decent challenge. If CQ wants to add new players or fix the problem of current squad, he needs serious friendlies not meaningless matches. We are about to replace many key players and there are not enough FIFA days for us. Our new replacements should gain enough experience and confidence before round 3 of WCQ. This time around qualification is harder than last time. And if you pay attention we barely made it in 2013.

1. We need to find a serious replacement for Neko
              2. A replacement and a back up for Pooladi as he is sarbaz farari
              3. Our goal keeper is not ready, we should give more playing time to Beiranvand and find a reliable 3rd choice.
              4. A replacement for Jalal husseini, he is 33 and will be 36 for WC.
              5. A possible back up for Ando
              6. We need a new 3rd forward
              7. We will be replacing Dejagah with JB, if Ashkan remains in Qatar league. So a possible back up for JB is necessary.
              8. We need more serious matches to find the right position for Haj Safi and Amiri. They both play very well.
              9. We lack a play maker like Karimi. Khalatbari and Shojai are both over 30 so a younger player is needed.
              I agree with 100% of your post but I don't lose any hope that we got some decent friendlies by then.

Comment

Originally posted by DubFreeek View Post
                This thread made me go and look back for an old blog...

The rishoo I was talking about.
                He looks a little bit like Juergen Klopp.

So are there any other European friendlies in the works for Iran?
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  This was a very good game for Iran, played away in Croatia I believe. Almost won the match too.

Good memories! I love team melli plays like this one more time.

Comment

A lot about this match for TM had to do with psychology, playing opposite the headcoach's home team, not characteristic & technical qualities (or lack thereof) to match up versus European opposition. I am guessing if Iran were to feature in a game with Portugal's main squad right now, they would most likely overperform for a similar mental reason. Remember that the 2006 squad had a poor display in the World Cup because it fell into chaos by internal conflicts.
                    sigpic

Comment

Can't believe this was like 10 years ago damn.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                        Can't believe this was like 10 years ago damn.
                        Closer to 13 years ago.
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember this match as if it was yesterday! We were definately cheated in this one....lot of wrong calls including the false offside that would give us the 3-1 lead. This was also the "goodbye" Match of the Referee.....and he gave his Home Team a last Gift as well....

Comment

Agha time flies. I vividly remember every little detail of this game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember Borhani's goal made the top10 for Fox Soccer's goals of the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X