No announcement yet.

Iran-Croatia 2006 Friendly (Video Clip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran was obviously a head and shoulder above Croatia in this match. That penalty was so fishy I can smell it now after so many years. Referee only saved Croat team's face by preventing them losing on their own home ground to Iran. That team was our golden generation and if that fight had not happen in half time in Iran vs Mexico match, we could even advance to the next level with Portugal.

Comment

Che defaie dar be daghoni dashtim un moghe.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
        Che defaie dar be daghoni dashtim un moghe.
        Bale defa moshkele sal haye sal team melli bood ke CQ halesh kard. Vali avazesh khat hamele va mid field hamon aali bood.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          Bale defa moshkele sal haye sal team melli bood ke CQ halesh kard. Vali avazesh khat hamele va mid field hamon aali bood.
          That's true but a terrible defense or goalkeeper can ruin the game no matter how great your midfield and forward players are. I'm much more relax when I'm watching TM games these days. I don't get nervous when the other teams are attacking us.

Comment

I think we still got defensive problems although to a lesser extent than before CQ came, because CQ addressed most of the issues properly. No more silly goals on set pieces, good fitness and a strong psychical approach.

The Iraq, Bosnia and Sweden game are prime examples where we were exposed on our defensive weaknesses. IMO: Especially in aerial battles, quick counter attacks on us and crosses from the wings. We really messed up in several occasions.

Still our defense has been much more solid and stable now.

Comment

What are you guys talking about, that looked like a penalty to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Back the day when we were ranked 15th in the world and used to have quality friendlies like Croatia, Germany and Bosnia.

Yadesh bekheir!
                Oh yeah, the good old days, when we just played Chile and Sweden in two weeks.

Croatia in 2006 => OK, good friendly, maybe helped by Branko connection
                Germany in 2004 => Because of Bam earthquake
                Bosnia in 2006 => was a nobody at that time (we won 5/2 i think btw)

And the fifa ranking didn't have the same calculation method than today.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Ok, good nowadays when we play South African Premier League reserve teams. Really don't want to switch Moroka Swallows for Bosnia.

Comment

We played against many good teams back in the days. Played against Iceland, Brazil, Russia, Slovakia, Austria, Croatia, Germany, Ecuador, Paraguay, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, ...

Comment

Ok, good nowadays when we play South African Premier League reserve teams. Really don't want to switch Moroka Swallows for Bosnia.
                      Yeah we play SA premier league and portuguese ones. What's the problem? At least we play someone.

At that time, we didn't play any friendly except Oman or Koweit one every 12 months!

Comment

Yeah we play SA premier league and portuguese ones. What's the problem? At least we play someone.

At that time, we didn't play any friendly except Oman or Koweit one every 12 months!
                        The problem is that we play their reserve teams obviously.

Comment

The problem is that we play their reserve teams obviously.
                          what's the problem? We have camps (that we didn't have before), we play reserve teams (part of the camp or the training) and have decent friendlies a little bit more regularly than before (Montenegro, Angola, Belarus, SK, Iraq, Chile, Sweden).

I prefer to have my players training together and try to get synch against reserve teams rather than having them stay home, eating chelo kabak in front of TV.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                            We played against many good teams back in the days. Played against Iceland, Brazil, Russia, Slovakia, Austria, Croatia, Germany, Ecuador, Paraguay, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, ...
                            maybe but all them were spread on 5 years maybe, not as concentrated like recently

Comment

maybe but all them were spread on 5 years maybe, not as concentrated like recently
                              5 years? We played Nigeria back in 98 and Egypt in 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                                5 years? We played Nigeria back in 98 and Egypt in 2000
                                Yeah cancel Japan, and Uzbekistan and just hope for Kenya to play with us? We are back at no friendly, cancellation mode! Let us ask Somali Pirates or Yemeni Houthis for a friendly match in Mugadishu or Saadeh! They will ask for less money, so it is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X