Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football: Coach Jim Tressel's Halftime Speech At Halftime Of The Penn St Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football: Coach Jim Tressel's Halftime Speech At Halftime Of The Penn St Game

when i read this i wanted to go hit someone lol

Once the team got into the locker, he politely asked all recruits to step outside for a few minutes. He asked a student assistant to get a cup of water. The assistant comes back 30 seconds later with Gatorade. JT flipped and screamed: "I've got a room full of football players that are not doing much right, don't tell me I have student assistants not doing things right...GET ME A GLASS OF WATER NOW." Student assistant comes back 10 seconds later with a cup of water and a face more red than a stop sign. More on that later.

JT asked the captains to walk to the center of the room and face a mirror (the locker room is full of mirrors). Once the captains were standing and facing a mirror, he asked them if the coaching staff did a good enough job preparing the team last week for the game. "Captains, if we failed as a coaching staff, I want to know right here, right now. C'mon...tell me. We have 20 minutes to get things fixed, but I need to know." Silence. "OK, silence is consent. So now I ask you this: look in the mirror and tell me what you see." Silence. "OK, maybe I did not make myself clear...that was a QUESTION that requires an ANSWER." Still silence....finally, Cam said, "coach, I see a guy that is not playing his best football." JT shot back, "Its November, Cam....its God d*** November! This isn't the God d*** spring game...ITS NOVEMBER and we are playing at home with the Big Ten Championship in our hands! Hey B-Rolle, what do you see?" Rolle: Coach, we are not doing a good enough job of leading this football team right now and I accept full responsibility, sir." JT: "B-Rolle, how many Big Ten Championships have you won and how many of those were handed to you?" I've won 3 and none of them were handed to me, sir." JT: "NONE...NOT A GOD D*** ONE OF THEM. Captains, please sit down with the rest of your teammates."

Next, JT went on about a 7-8 minute tirade...here are some of the highlights:

"This is NOT Ohio State football right now...this looks like a rag tag operation that's looking to skate by because of what they've done in seasons past. 2008 and 2009 are not going to help you in 2010."
    "ESPN is not here because of you, they are here because of HIM (Paterno)."
    "That team is not on the same level as you, but they are good enough to take the game unless something is done about it."
    "We spent all week with brave men & women that have served our country and made the ultimate sacrifice...they are here today as guests and we honor their service with a horse (bleep) performance like that?"
    "We are not losing this game. Absolutely not. Every single time we lose to that team, t-shirts are made. Not here, not today."
    "If you play for 30 minutes, we will coach for 30 minutes and we will not let up until the clock reads zero."

At the conclusion of his speech, he looks at the captains sitting in the front and says, "thanks, guys...now I have to go to church twice tomorrow."

After the game in the locker room, JT called the student assistant to the middle of the room in front of the team and apologized to her and presented her with the game ball.

By the way, long story short, I was on the field for the 2nd half of this game. A-mazing.

My usual seats.

I ended up here.

damn man tressel is a beast. you cant be playing soft against penn st when you are in your home stadium

Comment

"It's november cam,it's goddamn november, not the spring game!" And "how many big ten championships have you won and how many were given to you" daaaaaamn

Comment

ha, nice story, i feel bad for the girl, but hey, even she has to be on her game
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

penn state sucks

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
          For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

Nice job by Tressel one of the Big 10 coaches that I truly respect. I just can't beliebe that we are 10-1 going @ Penn St with an opportunity to be 11-1. The BCS is complete bull$hit becasue we beat Wisconsin head to head and have the same record, but because Wisconsin is ranked higher they will get a BCS birth and we will most likely play in the Capital one bowl. Oh well handle business we have a tough game @ Happy Valley and we never won there but there is a first time for everything. It's too bad Ohio State and Michigan State didn't play tihs year because MSU has a good team this year. I really wanted to see that game. Now normally I want you guys to beat Michigan but since a rose bowl is on the line I can't believe I'm saying this but go Michigan.

I just can't believe we came back from two touchdowns down in the 4th quarter and won that game against Purdue! Usually it's Purdue that beats us in a cruel manner but this time we even got a blocked punt and just shocked them. Too bad we most likely won't be playing in a BCS game, even if we beat Penn St(which we are 1 1/2 points favorite).

Fu*k the BCS!

Comment

Working...
            X