Is NFL player Eric Bakhtiari Iranian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is NFL player Eric Bakhtiari Iranian?

Searching for Bakhtiari sites I found someone named Eric Bakhtiari and it seems like he is famous(or becoming famous) football player !?

Is he iranian and does anyone have more info ?i cant see iranians who are famous and dont tell the world that theyr iranian man when will we ever have someone world famous who says YES IM IRANIAN I LOVE IRAN ???

i think that's the guy who played at virginia and in the nfl, if so there was a special about him someone posted earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Diceman View Post
      Searching for Bakhtiari sites I found someone named Eric Bakhtiari and it seems like he is famous(or becoming famous) football player !?
      Is he iranian and does anyone have more info ?i cant see iranians who are famous and dont tell the world that theyr iranian man when will we ever have someone world famous who says YES IM IRANIAN I LOVE IRAN ???
      that woman who went to space did!!!

Also, HOUMAN, that UVA guy was bakhtiar not bakhtiari
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

hmmm thats interesting...here's what i found on wiki

Eric Bakhtiari is an American football player who can play the Defensive end and Outside linebacker positions. He played College football at San Diego. In 2006, he earned 3rd Team Associated Press All-America honors for all I-AA players, 1st Team Mid-Major All-American (The Sports Network), 2006 co-Pioneer Football League Defender of the Year, First Team All-Pioneer Football League. Making him a key performer of the USD defensive squad that ranked #2 in scoring defense (12.9 ppg), 10th in rushing defense (107.3 yards per game) and 12th in total defense. Although, he played Defensive end at college, he is expected to try out for the Outside linebacker position for the San Diego Chargers, who acquired him as an undrafted free agent in 2008.

Date of birth: December 2, 1984 (1984-12-02) (age 23)
        Place of birth: San Mateo, CA
        Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 260 lb (118 kg)

[edit] Personal
        Majored in Business Administration.

Likes to waterski and wakeboard in his free time.

Comment

I checked Wikipedia before and it doesn't say anything about Iran ........so I guess some half Iranian or so who doesn't care about Iran ?? Is he famous anyway?

Comment

There was a half Iranian kid named Nick Ekbatani at UCLA last year who played O-line. Not sure if he's still there or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
              There was a half Iranian kid named Nick Ekbatani at UCLA last year who played O-line. Not sure if he's still there or not.
              yeah he was a Juco transfer. He still is there and most likely will be a starter given how slim the O-line is
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

reminds me of tj houshmandzadeh LOL

Touraj (T. J.) Houshmandzadeh, Jr. (born September 26, 1977 in Victorville, California) is an American football player of Iranian and African-American descent (father is Iranian, mother is African-American) who plays wide receiver for the National Football League's Cincinnati Bengals. The name Houshmandzadeh (in Persian characters ﻫﻮﺸﻤﻨﺪﺰﺍﺪﻩ) is a compound name meaning the "son (ﺰﺍﺪﻩ) of wisdom (ﻫﻮﺸﻤﻨﺪ)". He was a seventh-round pick in the 2001 NFL Draft by the Bengals.

Comment

Originally posted by Arian View Post
                  reminds me of tj houshmandzadeh LOL
                  Touraj (T. J.) Houshmandzadeh, Jr. (born September 26, 1977 in Victorville, California) is an American football player of Iranian and African-American descent (father is Iranian, mother is African-American) who plays wide receiver for the National Football League's Cincinnati Bengals. The name Houshmandzadeh (in Persian characters ﻫﻮﺸﻤﻨﺪﺰﺍﺪﻩ) is a compound name meaning the "son (ﺰﺍﺪﻩ) of wisdom (ﻫﻮﺸﻤﻨﺪ)". He was a seventh-round pick in the 2001 NFL Draft by the Bengals.
                  what does this have to do with houshmandzadeh!!!???
                  We all know who he is. There have been many threads about him already, now do you know anything about bakhtiari?

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                    We all know who he is. There have been many threads about him already, now do you know anything about bakhtiari?
                    calm down im just saying cause he is iranian he reminds me of another iranian nfl player and there are many new people on the forum who probably havent heard about him, and i dont know anything about bakhtiari cause i dont watch nfl and i hate american football

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X