X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karimi brace sinks Al Wahda

Sepahan 3-1 Alwehda
    Well done to sepahan

Striker Mahmoud Karimi has scored a goal in each half to help guide Iranian side Sepahan to a 3-1 victory against Al Wahda of the United Arab Emirates in the first leg of their AFC Champions League semi-final clash at Foolad Shahr Stadium.

Karimi gave his side the lead after 11 minutes and restored their advantage with his second just before the hour mark after Mohamed Al Shehhi had levelled for an Al Wahda side who played for nearly an hour with 10 men after defender Yasser Abdullah was sent off.

Sepahan skipper Moharram Navidkia added a third from the penalty spot in the closing minutes to give the Hazfi Cup holders a two-goal advantage to take into the second leg in Abu Dhabi on October 24.

The start of the game was delayed for four minutes after Sepahan fans threw objects at Al Wahda's Moroccan goalkeeper Nadir Lamyaghri but when it finally kicked off, it was the home side that grabbed the initiative.

They nearly took the lead after nine minutes when Hossein Kazemi fired in a long-range shot from 30 yards that Lamyaghri dived low to his left to turn out for a corner.

The home side were celebrating two minutes later when Karimi took advantage of confusion in the Al Wahda defence to open the scoring.

A long throw-in by Ehsan Hajysafi from the left wing was unintentionally flicked towards goal by Al Wahda defender Leonardo Da Silva, under pressure from Mohsen Bankar. Lamyaghri blocked the ball with his leg but Karimi was on hand in the six-yard box to poke the ball into the net.

Sepahan could have doubled their advantage in the 17th minute when Navidkia touched a free-kick to Hadi Aghily whose long-range strike swerved towards the target but was punched away awkwardly by Lamyaghri for a corner.

The visitors were struggling to contain the Iranian side and their problems were compounded on 33 minutes when they were reduced to 10 men after defender Yasser Abdullah was shown his second yellow card by Singapore referee Abdul Malik Abdul Bashir for a foul on Sepahan striker Mahmoud Karimi.

Al Wahda's first chance only arrived in the 39th minute when Yasser Matar fired wide of the right post while Tawfeeq Abdulrazzaq should have done better four minutes later when he was released in the box by a brilliant back-heel by Mohamed Al Shehhi but saw his shot blocked by the legs of Sepahan goalkeeper Abbas Mohammadi.

The UAE side were much improved at the start of the second half and equalised three minutes after the break when Matar squared the ball across the edge of the box to Al Shehhi, who delayed his shot, wrong-footing Jaba Mujiri, before sending the ball past a diving Abbas Mohammadi into the lower right corner of the Sepahan goal.

Al Wahda could have taken the lead in the 54th minute when Al Shehhi went past Saeid Bayat in the box and fired in a shot that Mohammadi turned aside for a corner.

Sepahan took advantage of the let-off and regained the lead in the 58th minute as Karimi pounced for his second goal of the night.

Ehsan Hajysafi ran on to a long ball from the back and beat Eisa Ahmed before firing in a shot that was well stopped by Lamyaghri. Leonardo attempted to hack the ball clear but it hit fellow defender Bashir Saeed and went back towards goal. Lamyaghri stopped the ball again but Karimi was on hand to put the rebound past the Moroccan goalkeeper to make it 2-1.

Mohammadi helped Sepahan to keep their lead with a brilliant double save on 70 minutes, stopping Mohamed Othman's powerful long-range effort before diving to his left to deny Al Shehhi on the follow-up.

Sepahan made the game safe seven minutes from time when they were awarded a controversial penalty after Karimi went down in the box under minimal contact from Leonardo.

Navidkia gave Lamyaghri no chance, sending the spot kick into the bottom left corner to give Sepahan a two-goal cushion to take to Abu Dhabi.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Bah Bah, Music to my ears....

Finally our Clubs are starting to show their power...Sepahan, Inshallah it will just continue in the coming years...

I belive our clubs are the finest clubs in Asia even though we dont have the BEST things we have enough...... and we could be winning this competition year in and year out.....And its great to see Sepahan finally putting a stand to this....

Inshallah they will go all the way....And Raise that Trofy

Comment

Originally posted by Arashi_Washi View Post
        Bah Bah, Music to my ears....

Finally our Clubs are starting to show their power...Sepahan, Inshallah it will just continue in the coming years...

I belive our clubs are the finest clubs in Asia even though we dont have the BEST things we have enough...... and we could be winning this competition year in and year out.....And its great to see Sepahan finally putting a stand to this....

Inshallah they will go all the way....And Raise that Trofy
        I believe they can make the final and beat alwahda in their home, but come on man Urawa reds is a great club, so is the korean club, they will be really really hard to beat in the final, although it's not impossible, with a bit of luck it's defenitely possible

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

It`s too early to talk about a final. It`s a semi final not a 90 minutes kick about. Sepahan will go through so much pressure in the 24th. Al Wahda will be much motivated and play with their full force. The best thing to do is to deeply look into Sepahans problems instead of overreacting to a good performance in only a first half.

Comment

Any info on Sepahan's New Mali midfielder Ula Kabeer? ...

He played agasint Esteghlal, nd he looked good....!!!

Thanks

Comment

First of all let me congradulate all Sepahan fans. Bonacic has really implemented a swift counter-attack game similar to that of Arsene Wenger's young Arsenal team. Hopefully they win the ACL.
              Bonacic has assembled players which function as a TEAM. thats why they are doing so well.

Karimi finding form has also helped Sepahan a lot...and im sure once Salehi returns, they'll be causing a lot more damage.
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Sepahan - Alwahda pics

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

I think Sepahan should play Al Wahda as if they are playing the final.

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post

I love that 2nd picture. LOL. Karimi looking down @ the GK. We are a 1-0 defeat away from the final. With the return of Sed Salehi I think we will even score in UAE.
                    Mohammadi
                    Bayat-Bengar-Aghili-Azizzadeh
                    Akbari-Abolheil(KAzemi)-Navidkia-Hajsafi
                    Sed Salehi(Emad Reza)-Karimi(Papi)

Comment

Sepahan proved that Iranian football is beyond any color. Yes Yellows can also win over Asia
                      Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan Sepahan

Comment

AFARIN BE IN BACH HAEY IRANI!

Arabs can take their million dollar everythings and shove it.....

Ghedrate Irani!!!

Comment

Comment

great display by sepahan, we could've beaten them easily if karimi,hamidi,... focused a little on the last toaches

does anyone know if sepahan has players suspended for the first leg of the final and is the first leg gonna be in japan or isfahan??

گرگها خوب بدانند، در این ایل غریب
                            گر پدر مرد، تفنگ پدری هسـت هنوز
                            گرچه مردان قبیله همگی کشته شدند
                            توی گهواره چوبی پسری هست هنوز
                            آب اگر نیست نترسید، که در قافله مان
                            دل دریایی و چشمان تری هست هنوز

Comment

Originally posted by amirak View Post
                              great display by sepahan, we could've beaten them easily if karimi,hamidi,... focused a little on the last toaches

does anyone know if sepahan has players suspended for the first leg of the final and is the first leg gonna be in japan or isfahan??
                              Hamidi , need time to adjust to Sepahan. He used to be 17 years old when first played for Luka in FLD . Vinko wasted him at left back and various assignments, for Sepahan he is playing where he like to play . He run well and has skill. He has played for U17, U19, U23 .
                              first game in Esfahan

Comment

congrats to Sephan fans and Sepaha and all Iranians for that matter. I watched the game on Abu Dhabi sport since pftv was bufferinga lot, so could not follow the Arabic commentator. But from what I saw, what a gem is Abu Hail. This guys is an architect, great long range passing, a good balance of both defenseive and offensive skills. Great transition from Sepahan during both offense and defense. Great to see how Sepahan got the middle of field and front of teh goal area covered. Great job by Loca.

The only thing I was surprised was the Akbari sub with Sayed Salehi. Does anyone have a logical explanation for that? Akbari was adding up very well from left??!!! Game being in Dubai and Sepahan didn't need a win, Salehi's sub (he was coming back from injury as well) for Akbari didnt' make sense to me. But then again Loca is great coach and I need to learn what his philosephy was?
                                "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                                Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                                Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X