Amiri
    Forwards,
    Sardar
    Taremi
    Karim
    Shahab

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I cant see Carlos inviting players who wasnt in this Camp. There isnt time to invite New players and test Them out or learn the system. Except Ali Karimi who was injured, i dont see any New guys coming in, unless there are injuries among the other players

Comment

I think most of you have a few more midfielders and forwards than CQ will take. He prefers to have more defenders than other positions.
        In 2014 he cut someone like Khalatbari but bought in Ale Nemeh who didn’t get a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
          biravand
          hosseini
          abedzadeh

rb
          moharami
          ramin rezaiyan
          danial esmailifar

cb
          hosseini
          kanani
          shoja
          pag

lb
          hajsafi
          jalali
          amiri

midfield
          saeed
          ali karimi
          ebrahimi
          sarlak
          torabi
          ghodos
          jb
          golizadeh
          norafkan

forward
          sardar
          ansarifar
          mehdi

the 26th man one of the below
          kaveh rezaie if healthy and in shape.
          ashkan dejageh if healthy in shape
          rozbeh cheshmi
          correcion
          SARLAK OUT
          AHMAD NOOR IN

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            After Austria camp what would you guys go for? I think this camp was one of our best in recent years. The players went up against 2 strong opponents, most guys got minutes, some made a very strong case for themselves and others quickly showed they werent at the required level. We got 2 positive results and the team dealt with probably more hashieh and outside pressure than they will at WC, so from that standpoint great mental prep as well.

The lists for this WC are 26 man, and consider for this camp in austria we initially called up 27, 4 of which were GKs. 2 players could not make it bc of visa/passport issues (Ramin and Norafkan).

Given all that, this is my list:

1. Beiranvand
            2. Hosseini
            3. Abedzadeh

As far as GKs go beiro cemented himself as #1 and Hosseini overtook abedz for #2. Abedz will still make the squad as he is a good character, was in last WC squad, and overall solid GK going through a bad spell.

4. Moharrami
            5. Hardani
            6. Kanaani
            7. Majid Hosseini
            8. Khalilzadeh
            9. Aref Aghasi
            10. Hajsafi
            11. Jalali

For defense, Kanani cemented himself as starter if there was any doubt. He was the best player over the 2 games. Next to him its a close battle between Shoja and Majid. But big surprise from this camp was how off the pace PAG was, I guess he really hasnt been tested yet in PGPL but when he came in our defense was all over the place. He is not ready for WC at all.

Compare to Aref Aghasi performance in last camp vs Algeria and the difference is night and day. Aref is physically imposing, quick, and strong with the ball and still quite young (25). CQ does not hesistate to cut players even if they are his old favorites (jalal) and I think esp. considering Nekou's likely recommendation of his foolad player he will make the list.

Milad mohammadi not playing a single minute was huge red flag about his level. Given Jalali's performance and Hajsafi's great second game, I do not see him making the list.

12. Ezatolahi
            13. Ebrahimi
            14. Ali Karimi
            15. Nourollahi
            16. Amiri
            17. Ghoddos
            18. Yasin

Ezatolahi cemented his position as in the squad and starter, regardless of club situation, If he can lose a few lbs in next 50 days he will be in top shape. Incredible his level vs these opponents after so long not playing. Ali Karimi I expect to make it if he is fit. Sarlak 45 mins were terrible and CQ promptly subbed him out, do not see him making it over Ali Karimi. In his initial list CQ took 3 LBs, 4Gks. Do not seeing that being the case for WC, so there is a couple extra spots open for midfield and offensive players. Yasin can be one of those, especially if he keeps up good form with Morais. Will give us a different option at #8 position off the bench if needed.

19. Jahanbakhsh
            20. Torabi
            21. Gholizadeh
            22. Hosseinzadeh

Torabi was huge surprise from wingers. Cemented his place in the squad and is closer to starting xi than gholizadeh who is at best a bench option for TM in WC. As mentioned with the couple additional outfield spots when you call up 3GK and not so many extra full backs you have space to call up additional winger. If hosseinzadeh gets good minutes between now and WC he can definitely be that guy. Versatile, very physical and hard runner which CQ likes.

23. Azmoun
            24. Taremi
            25. Ansarifard
            26. Zahedi

Karim locked up his spot and will get good minutes off the bench. Played very well and is a leader. We still have space for an extra CF and I prefer Zahedi there, but alipour is also an option (and one that CQ knows so he may opt for him).

Overall not that many hard calls to make, especially with the absence of Allahyar.
            Good list. Specially I like your Goalkeeper preference. Hosseini should be the second keeper, he has shown that he is more confident in goal than Abedzadeh. He also does not leave the goal like Abedzadeh. If Niazmand is better than Abedzadeh, then maybe Niazmand should go to the World Cup and cross out Abedzadeh.

Vahid Amiri is going to retire and don't think he will go to the World Cup.

Ali Karimi is injured.

I don't remember Hardani, Aghasi and Yasin. So not confident about them.

I would add Ashkan Dejagah, Steve Beitashour and Ramin Rezaeian to the list. Dejagah (European) and Beitashour (American) would benefit Team Melli in the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
              Good list. Specially I like your Goalkeeper preference. Hosseini should be the second keeper, he has shown that he is more confident in goal than Abedzadeh. He also does not leave the goal like Abedzadeh. If Niazmand is better than Abedzadeh, then maybe Niazmand should go to the World Cup and cross out Abedzadeh.

Vahid Amiri is going to retire and don't think he will go to the World Cup.

Ali Karimi is injured.

I don't remember Hardani, Aghasi and Yasin. So not confident about them.

I would add Ashkan Dejagah, Steve Beitashour and Ramin Rezaeian to the list. Dejagah (European) and Beitashour (American) would benefit Team Melli in the World Cup.
              I don't know if you're joking about Dejagah and Beitashour or not. But Vahid Amiri is certainly going to the WC and he will be used in games there especially against England where his work rate is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                I don't know if you're joking about Dejagah and Beitashour or not. But Vahid Amiri is certainly going to the WC and he will be used in games there especially against England where his work rate is needed.
                Awesome if Amiri is staying with Team Melli. I read before that he is thinking of saying goodbye to his national team career.

Dejagah does not need to play full matches. Even if he plays one-half or 20 mins would be good. He is excellent for penalty, corners, crosses, leadership on the pitch.

Beitashour can just play versus USA. He might benefit Team Melli in that match, since he plays in MLS.

Comment

Awesome if Amiri is staying with Team Melli. I read before that he is thinking of saying goodbye to his national team career.

Dejagah does not need to play full matches. Even if he plays one-half or 20 mins would be good. He is excellent for penalty, corners, crosses, leadership on the pitch.

Beitashour can just play versus USA. He might benefit Team Melli in that match, since he plays in MLS.
                  Amiri will likely retire after the WC or after the Asian Cup in the summer.
                  Dejagah is so past his prime. There is no reason for him to play with TM. He barely even plays much now for Foolad.
                  Beitashour is 35 years old. We have Moharrami and he's miles better than Beitashour.

Comment

Dejagah is clearly done with TM and wasn't even invited for the camp, let alone world cup.

Amiri not playing at the world cup would be a huge loss for us, as he's been one of our best players in my opinion.

Beitashour didn't even get called up to the last world cup and for one match vs USA, his MLS experience won't do nearly as much as Moharami's much higher level experience in European football and even Champions league this season. Even other fullbacks we have were ahead of beitashour in the pecking order for TM - this big gulf in quality isn't made up for with some MLS experience.

Comment

if ashkan is healthy and in shape
                      HE BE VERY EFFECTIVE ON THE RW
                      PLAYING FEW MINUTES OFF THE BENCH.
                      WC IS 3 MATCHES maybe 4 or even 5 matches for iran.
                      we adance from our grop very possible and play senegal in the round of 16
                      GOOD CHANCE WE CAN BEAT THEM AND GO TO QF.
                      having a payer like ashkan with the team would be priceless..

Comment

^ id go for Ghaedi if we have a spot open and if he has a couple of good ipl displays.
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

GK
                          1. Beiranvand
                          2. Abedzadeh
                          3. Mario Tot

Defenders
                          RB:
                          - Sadegh Moharrami
                          - Saleh Hardani

LB:
                          - Hajsafi
                          - Noorafkan

CB:
                          - Kanaani
                          - Khalilzadeh
                          - Majid
                          - PAG

CM/DM:
                          - Saeide Tolahi
                          - Ghoddos
                          - Nourollahi
                          - Amiri
                          - Mehdipour
                          - Ali Karimi

Wingers:
                          - JB
                          - Gholizadeh
                          - Torabi
                          - Mohebi

Attackers:
                          - Taremi
                          - Azmoun
                          - Ansarifard
                          - Ghaedi

This is the team that will lift the trophy in december

Comment

Noorafkan can be used in mid field. He is actually more effective there than in defense. He is no defender.

Comment

Not saying he will make the 26-man list, but another player to look at is Reza Shekari. He was a prodigy before but had some bad luck with a club (Zob Ahan) that took a couple of years to get over. But he is in excellent form now with Gol Gohar.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                                Not saying he will make the 26-man list, but another player to look at is Reza Shekari. He was a prodigy before but had some bad luck with a club (Zob Ahan) that took a couple of years to get over. But he is in excellent form now with Gol Gohar.
                                I always liked him. I think technically, he is one of our most gifted players. He is doing well this year. However I don’t see him as a player that would fit in CQ’s system. Not enough defensive work rate at the attacking mid position. He is a classic number 10, which basically has disappeared from modern football.

Comment

Working...
                                X