Your 26 man TM List for WC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 26 man TM List for WC

After Austria camp what would you guys go for? I think this camp was one of our best in recent years. The players went up against 2 strong opponents, most guys got minutes, some made a very strong case for themselves and others quickly showed they werent at the required level. We got 2 positive results and the team dealt with probably more hashieh and outside pressure than they will at WC, so from that standpoint great mental prep as well.

The lists for this WC are 26 man, and consider for this camp in austria we initially called up 27, 4 of which were GKs. 2 players could not make it bc of visa/passport issues (Ramin and Norafkan).

Given all that, this is my list:

1. Beiranvand
    2. Hosseini
    3. Abedzadeh

As far as GKs go beiro cemented himself as #1 and Hosseini overtook abedz for #2. Abedz will still make the squad as he is a good character, was in last WC squad, and overall solid GK going through a bad spell.

4. Moharrami
    5. Hardani
    6. Kanaani
    7. Majid Hosseini
    8. Khalilzadeh
    9. Aref Aghasi
    10. Hajsafi
    11. Jalali

For defense, Kanani cemented himself as starter if there was any doubt. He was the best player over the 2 games. Next to him its a close battle between Shoja and Majid. But big surprise from this camp was how off the pace PAG was, I guess he really hasnt been tested yet in PGPL but when he came in our defense was all over the place. He is not ready for WC at all.

Compare to Aref Aghasi performance in last camp vs Algeria and the difference is night and day. Aref is physically imposing, quick, and strong with the ball and still quite young (25). CQ does not hesistate to cut players even if they are his old favorites (jalal) and I think esp. considering Nekou's likely recommendation of his foolad player he will make the list.

Milad mohammadi not playing a single minute was huge red flag about his level. Given Jalali's performance and Hajsafi's great second game, I do not see him making the list.

12. Ezatolahi
    13. Ebrahimi
    14. Ali Karimi
    15. Nourollahi
    16. Amiri
    17. Ghoddos
    18. Yasin

Ezatolahi cemented his position as in the squad and starter, regardless of club situation, If he can lose a few lbs in next 50 days he will be in top shape. Incredible his level vs these opponents after so long not playing. Ali Karimi I expect to make it if he is fit. Sarlak 45 mins were terrible and CQ promptly subbed him out, do not see him making it over Ali Karimi. In his initial list CQ took 3 LBs, 4Gks. Do not seeing that being the case for WC, so there is a couple extra spots open for midfield and offensive players. Yasin can be one of those, especially if he keeps up good form with Morais. Will give us a different option at #8 position off the bench if needed.

19. Jahanbakhsh
    20. Torabi
    21. Gholizadeh
    22. Hosseinzadeh

Torabi was huge surprise from wingers. Cemented his place in the squad and is closer to starting xi than gholizadeh who is at best a bench option for TM in WC. As mentioned with the couple additional outfield spots when you call up 3GK and not so many extra full backs you have space to call up additional winger. If hosseinzadeh gets good minutes between now and WC he can definitely be that guy. Versatile, very physical and hard runner which CQ likes.

23. Azmoun
    24. Taremi
    25. Ansarifard
    26. Zahedi

Karim locked up his spot and will get good minutes off the bench. Played very well and is a leader. We still have space for an extra CF and I prefer Zahedi there, but alipour is also an option (and one that CQ knows so he may opt for him).

Overall not that many hard calls to make, especially with the absence of Allahyar.

Is Allahyar confirmed out for the World Cup?

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      Shame if he is. I was realty looking forward to him making an impression
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

No Torabi. F him. This is Team Melli not a bacheh kooni hezbollahi team.

Bring in Mohebi instead.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I'd argue Mehdipour could be better in midfield than Yasin/Karimi.

Comment

These 2 games were very useful and gave us valuable indication. However, I don't think one good or bad game there give a 100% guarantee of inclusion/exclusion in the squad or line up.

Senegal and specially Uruguay are very different of our opponent style in the wc. Don't forget wc in 2 months away with a lot of things can happen.

However I agree mainly on the first post list. Here is some difference :

RB : wasn't impressed by Hardani lately and he didn't play at all in these friendlies. If playing with 5 defenders is out of question, I would select Shoja as Moharami back up. I guess CQ didn't play Hardani because Rezaeian will be RB back up

CB : with shoja as RB back up, It would possible to take an extra CB (PAG in addition of Aghasi instead of one or the other) or an extra player else were.

LB : I wouldn't cross off Milmo straight. His speed can be useful against England. Need to monitor Milmo and Jalali in the next two months

CM : Mehdipour and Khodabandelou should be considered, specially with AK so often injuried.

Winger : surprisingly it is where I am worried. JB and Gholi have up and big down there. Overall we fail to create big chances from our wingers : lot of bad passes, bad choice. We lack a real killer there.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              After Austria camp what would you guys go for? I think this camp was one of our best in recent years. The players went up against 2 strong opponents, most guys got minutes, some made a very strong case for themselves and others quickly showed they werent at the required level. We got 2 positive results and the team dealt with probably more hashieh and outside pressure than they will at WC, so from that standpoint great mental prep as well.

The lists for this WC are 26 man, and consider for this camp in austria we initially called up 27, 4 of which were GKs. 2 players could not make it bc of visa/passport issues (Ramin and Norafkan).

Given all that, this is my list:

1. Beiranvand
              2. Hosseini
              3. Abedzadeh

As far as GKs go beiro cemented himself as #1 and Hosseini overtook abedz for #2. Abedz will still make the squad as he is a good character, was in last WC squad, and overall solid GK going through a bad spell.

4. Moharrami
              5. Hardani
              6. Kanaani
              7. Majid Hosseini
              8. Khalilzadeh
              9. Aref Aghasi
              10. Hajsafi
              11. Jalali

For defense, Kanani cemented himself as starter if there was any doubt. He was the best player over the 2 games. Next to him its a close battle between Shoja and Majid. But big surprise from this camp was how off the pace PAG was, I guess he really hasnt been tested yet in PGPL but when he came in our defense was all over the place. He is not ready for WC at all.

Compare to Aref Aghasi performance in last camp vs Algeria and the difference is night and day. Aref is physically imposing, quick, and strong with the ball and still quite young (25). CQ does not hesistate to cut players even if they are his old favorites (jalal) and I think esp. considering Nekou's likely recommendation of his foolad player he will make the list.

Milad mohammadi not playing a single minute was huge red flag about his level. Given Jalali's performance and Hajsafi's great second game, I do not see him making the list.

12. Ezatolahi
              13. Ebrahimi
              14. Ali Karimi
              15. Nourollahi
              16. Amiri
              17. Ghoddos
              18. Yasin

Ezatolahi cemented his position as in the squad and starter, regardless of club situation, If he can lose a few lbs in next 50 days he will be in top shape. Incredible his level vs these opponents after so long not playing. Ali Karimi I expect to make it if he is fit. Sarlak 45 mins were terrible and CQ promptly subbed him out, do not see him making it over Ali Karimi. In his initial list CQ took 3 LBs, 4Gks. Do not seeing that being the case for WC, so there is a couple extra spots open for midfield and offensive players. Yasin can be one of those, especially if he keeps up good form with Morais. Will give us a different option at #8 position off the bench if needed.

19. Jahanbakhsh
              20. Torabi
              21. Gholizadeh
              22. Hosseinzadeh

Torabi was huge surprise from wingers. Cemented his place in the squad and is closer to starting xi than gholizadeh who is at best a bench option for TM in WC. As mentioned with the couple additional outfield spots when you call up 3GK and not so many extra full backs you have space to call up additional winger. If hosseinzadeh gets good minutes between now and WC he can definitely be that guy. Versatile, very physical and hard runner which CQ likes.

23. Azmoun
              24. Taremi
              25. Ansarifard
              26. Zahedi

Karim locked up his spot and will get good minutes off the bench. Played very well and is a leader. We still have space for an extra CF and I prefer Zahedi there, but alipour is also an option (and one that CQ knows so he may opt for him).

Overall not that many hard calls to make, especially with the absence of Allahyar.
              This is a good analysis of the players. Let's hope no body gets injured or gets on the black list of the akhound regime!

I really like Aref Aghasi. I think he would help our defense tremendously. With all due respect to PAG. I, too think he is not ready for WC.

I don't know when/how CQ is going to get a chance to look at Hossianzadeh, Karimi, Alipour and Zahedi. They are not in Iran and won't be available until the final training camp in November.

We need one more friendly game, even if that is against a team from our own Asian federation. Uzbekistan, Australia or New Zealand would be good options.

Comment

Our midfield is F'ed.. Praying Saman and AJ will be in their best form!

Comment

biravand
                  hosseini
                  abedzadeh

rb
                  moharami
                  ramin rezaiyan
                  danial esmailifar

cb
                  hosseini
                  kanani
                  shoja
                  pag

lb
                  hajsafi
                  jalali
                  amiri

midfield
                  saeed
                  ali karimi
                  ebrahimi
                  sarlak
                  torabi
                  ghodos
                  jb
                  golizadeh
                  norafkan

forward
                  sardar
                  ansarifar
                  mehdi

the 26th man one of the below
                  kaveh rezaie if healthy and in shape.
                  ashkan dejageh if healthy in shape
                  rozbeh cheshmi

Comment

You don't take nour to wc lol
                    You can't be serious

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good list.

But Ali Karimi is a liability, I have never seen him play a full good game, and what has he done for TM?

Just because he plays outside of Iran it can't just merit him. I can see him play a game, get injured, and we waste a sub at the WC. No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        You don't take nour to wc lol
                        You can't be serious

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                        I know what you mean, but his engine trait is important for us. We need this man just run his ass off and not give the opponent breathing space in mid.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                          Too early to tell. He is still recovering from surgery.

Plus, he will need time to physically/mentally get back up to speed after the recovery. I would give it a slim chance, but I wish him the best.

Comment

We are weak in midfield (excluding the wingers), and our wingbacks. I am not confident yet who should be the #1 or the #2 for any of the positions.

I hope CArlos has a LB surprise again for us, like he found with Pouladi (what a shit show that guy's career ended up being)...
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Unfortunately we are still screwed at CM. I thought it showed a bit bs Uruguay and then a lot bs Senegal….it sucks CQ couldn’t really utilize Amiri and also did not have Karimi at all who was looking solid for kayserispor.

I don’t think there will be many surprises but nonetheless I still think there will be one or two as there always is when he announces rosters for an AC or WC. Bold prediction for me but I think he will drop Ezi if he doesn’t play more for his club….he looked terrible in both games.
                              My favorite list would be:

GK:
                              Alireza Beiranvand
                              Hossein Hosseini
                              Amir Abedzadeh

Defenders:
                              Milad Mohammadi
                              Ehsan Hajsafi
                              Abolfazl Jalali
                              Morteza Pouraliganji
                              Hossein Kanani
                              Shoja Khalilzadeh
                              Majid Hosseini
                              Sadegh Moharami
                              Saleh Hardani

Midfielders:
                              Ali Karimi
                              Omid Ebrahimi
                              Vahid Amiri
                              Saman Ghoddos
                              Alireza Jahanbakhsh
                              Yasin Salmani
                              Mehdi Mehdipour
                              Mehdi Torabi
                              Saeid Ezatolahi

Forwards:
                              Ali Gholizadeh
                              Mehdi Taremi
                              Sardar Azmoun
                              Karim Ansarifard
                              Shahab Zahedi
                              Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 09-28-2022, 04:33 PM.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X