--------------------
    Taremi - 8
    Ansarifard - 7
    Nourollahi - 6.5
    Abedzadeh - 4
    Gholizadeh - 7
    Amiri - 6.5

Comment

Too much piling up on Azmoun. Agreed, that he did not have a good showing but he basically was not getting any opportunities. CQ admitted that we have enough forwards but no one who can get them the ball. A punt or a long ball from Kanaani does not count as a thru ball. It is great that we won 1-0 but it could have easily been a 4-1 or 5-1 loss. Glad to see CQ organizing the D line but our midfield was not effective on offense or on defense. Ghodos's Olay defense will not hold up. Torabi was a stud with blocked shots and clearance off the goal line. He is going to get more playing time. JB was totally bothered by Ghodos crowding his area up and was terrible at passing and ball possession. Moharammi man of the match in my opinion. He was all over Nunes. Was also impressed with Ezzatollahi who was our second best player in my opinion. Beiranvand cannot be trusted with the ball at his feet. Sardar is so opportunity starved, no wonder he is a grouch. We ran the ball up the sides twice. First time with Ghodos who was totally exhausted and attempted a I better cross this before I double over and there were 3 players surrounding Azmoun. The second time was the incredible Ansarifard play that set up Taremi. Here are Sardar's stats and they are not good but not that bad.
      Top stats
      FotMob rating 6.6
      Minutes played 68
      Goals 0
      Assists 0
      Total shots 0
      Accurate passes 12/14 (86%)
      Chances created 0
      Attack
      Touches 21
      Successful dribbles 1/3 (33%)
      Passes into final third 1
      Accurate long balls 1/1 (100%)
      Dispossessed 0
      Defence
      Tackles won 0
      Clearances 1
      Headed clearance 1
      Recoveries 2
      Dribbled past 1
      Duels
      Ground duels won 2/6 (33%)
      Aerial duels won 0/1 (0%)
      Was fouled 1
      Fouls committed 1

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        You folks are hard om Azmoun. He played lone striker and was alone most of the time. ARJ and other midfielders couldn't offer him much in service. Our fortunes changed when 3 attacking players came on.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        O-Zone, I am a big fan of Sardar on and off the field.

He was poor yesterday. I think using the word "lethargic" is too kind. On closeups he looked tired (as in no sleep), and was trotting or still, most of the time. Not what we are used to seeing him do for club.

Comment

Some key observations:
          - Even though I have always been a supporter of the PAG & Hosseini combo, the Shoja & Kanaani combo was quite solid aswell. I'm curious to see which duo will be used for the WC. Sadegh seems to be set as RW - let's see who's gonna start as LW.
          - Torabi: someone wrote he's a bacheh-akhoond. Based on what? Any incidents where he actively supported IR? Just being curious.
          - Azmoun: the reason why Azmoun wasn't unhappy with Skocic, is exactly this: he can't do much as a single striker with CQ's defensive strategy. It would be a pity to have either him or Taremi benched. I would be okay with 4-5-1 vs. England, but especially vs. US we should be bolder and play with two strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post
            - Torabi: someone wrote he's a bacheh-akhoond. Based on what? Any incidents where he actively supported IR? Just being curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              Oh wow - yeah, that's quite obvious.

Comment

Only managed to catch the 2nd half.

Although I felt Skocic sacking was harsh, CQ was the only man to be able to replace him at this late stage. I’m extremely relieved we have him back. It could have ended a lot worse.
                Immediately I feel more confident about one aspect of our chances at the WC - which is CQ’s use of the full depth of squad. Every player seems to come in and know their job, which wasn’t always the case with Skocic. Perhaps again a little harsh on Skocic. Given the stakes qualifying from the position we were in, he chose the right course in sticking to a fixed line up. But even longer term I doubt he had the ability to get the most out of the fringe players.

One thing that still concerns me about CQ is the balance in playing when it comes to tournament football. The long ball tactics at the last Asian Cup were horrendous and didn’t even play to our strengths. Similarly, picking Ansarifard as a midfielder starter to target for flick-ons at last WC was totally ineffective.

Don’t get me wrong - it’s absolutely right to build the defensive solidity first, and has that nailed. But that 2nd half yesterday showed that we can play and cause teams serious problems when we’re brave enough. I just hope with the experience and quality we now have in the squad he strikes the right balance in Nov. The Wales game in a particular is one we have to win, and I think we absolutely have to take the game to them more than we have in other tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                  O-Zone, I am a big fan of Sardar on and off the field.

He was poor yesterday. I think using the word "lethargic" is too kind. On closeups he looked tired (as in no sleep), and was trotting or still, most of the time. Not what we are used to seeing him do for club.
                  He was behind the midfield at times in support. That's a lot of running. He paced himself admittedly but it was obvious he was not going to get decent service. Most balls to him he had to chase down for at least a few meters then taking on 1-3 defenders alone. He is not gonna do much as lone striker.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Taremi had a slight injury which again he gestured to at the end of the match. IF he is fit he will play off the left and sardar up top like before. Even in this game when he came on it was LW and Karim at CF. Not a question of one or the other, we know they are a phenomenal pair

Comment

MOTM: Shoja Khalilzadeh

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

MOTM: Shoja Khalilzadeh
                        lol
                        i think i counted no less than 4? Direct Hit.. rough facials on our poor lad in that game ..!!?

after the yeki akhari i was ohhh snap.... like thast it.... een daffe Shoja mizaneh be seameh akhar and is gonna chase after the uruguayan homey baraa davaa..!! lool

but seriously damesh garm... he is such a tough-nose, 1v1 defender .... few can individually get pass him with ease .... had an excellent match overall, nearly as good as his partner the GangBusBoy..!!

Comment

potential hot take here, but curious how azmoun would look in the midfield. don't think CQ would try it and i know it's not his natural position, but when he's been given a chance there at Leverkusen he's actually been quite effective. in the end he's pure class and it's important he's engaged when he's on the field. if he's being wasted up front (which I think unfortunately under CQ, he's not best utilized up there) it'd be interesting to see him in a different role. again, won't happen but food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            lol
                            i think i counted no less than 4? Direct Hit.. rough facials on our poor lad in that game ..!!?

after the yeki akhari i was ohhh snap.... like thast it.... een daffe Shoja mizaneh be seameh akhar and is gonna chase after the uruguayan homey baraa davaa..!! lool

but seriously damesh garm... he is such a tough-nose, 1v1 defender .... few can individually get pass him with ease .... had an excellent match overall, nearly as good as his partner the GangBusBoy..!!

Remind me of this.

Comment

Watched game 2x now, couple of my opinions changed. Azmoun was not as bad as first viewing, still had some very strong moments connecting the play, but definitely could have done better in certain scenarios. ARJ actually had much more bad turnovers, although he won a couple back. Still he was not on the level of the opposite winger, torabi. Shoja was solid but second viewing still made a couple critical errors.

Beiro - 7 . Solid game by him, overall calm with his feet, maybe could have played out of 1-2 situations better but chose safe option. Few great saves, good exits, and generally always vocal and communicating with his guys.

Moharrami - 7.5. Excellent game by him, probably his best for TM. 3 games in a row now vs top opposition he performed (Chelsea with sterling, Milan with Leao, now Uruguay and nunez). Darwin didn't get better of him even once on the ground. Only one occasion on a quick free kick he got in behind him and knocked header down for suarez who hit a dangerous shot. Besides that flawless, and really good in attack, smart + sharp in possession, great turns to break the press, nice forward balls. His crossing could still develop into more of a threat.

Kanaani - 7.5. Dominant game by him. Dealt with basically all situations, none of their chances came from errors he made, strong in the tackle. Some situations he could have been better with the ball but our midfield wasn't give the optimal passing angles to him at times.

Shoja - 7. Very solid game by him overall. Only reason i give him lower marks is bc of 2 situations. The bad pass from the corner of the pitch that resulted in Nunez shot beiro saved was classic Shoja of old, doing something totally uncalled for. Then the chance abedzadeh saved was his guy, he fell asleep and almost all our hard work was undone. His bravery, mobility, speed, and general play on the ball is very solid. Still think Majid will push him for spot in xi.

Jalali - 6. A solid start for him. Nothing spectacular but no errors. He is a natural defender unlike noorafkan and has good speed. With the ball from what I saw on SS he is a lot better than he showed, but that will improve as he feels more confident in this higher level. A classic CQ find!

Ezatolahi - 7. Very solid from saeid overall. With the ball he is excellent, high level CM. Without the ball his physicality is top notch and defensive awareness is high. His issue is if he gets left behind and has to make up ground, he simply cant do it. Its like an 18 wheeler trying to accelarate. still he is the best we have at DM and proved it again.

Ghoddos - 7.5. Great game by Saman, couple instances he could have done better but besides the 1 bad turnover, nothing glaring. Created/was crucial in our best passing sequences and major chances. Think CQ will use a lot more this time around. Best thing about his performance was the promise he showed, not everything he tried came off but the ideas are there. He is our only real option for creativity from midfield ATM.

Hajsafi - 5.5. He had a few nice switches of play and worked hard off the ball, but man so many garbage turnovers under little pressure. He just is not comfortable at CM. He does not have the technique or agility for it. Really like to see Omid, Nour, Ali Karimi, Amiri all get chances in this 8 role before hajsafi. He looked much better at left back.

Torabi - 7. Biggest surprise. He was smart in possession, created one huge chance, and worked his balls off defensively. Gave Jalali the kind of cover he needed in his first match, won the ball back a countless number of times, and probably secured his place in WC squad.

ARJ - 5.5. Dissapointing from ARJ. This looked like his games from a few months ago. Lot of dumb turnovers, not attacking the space when he had it, and besides one nice dribble on valverde (that he did not follow up with anything productive) he barely attempted a take on. Still worked hard off the ball but expect more from him.

Azmoun - 5. He had some very good bits of hold up play, but 3 bad-very bad decisions that ruined a couple promising attacks. Overall he contributed a good amount defensively but I think he knows he is not as sharp as he should be. Thankfully as far as fitness goes, Germany is helping him a lot. Just needs some goals to get his confidence back in next 8 weeks.

Subs:

Nourollahi - 6. Not on for long but brought good energy, touch was sharper than usual, and gave some physicality when we were tiring a bit.

Taremi - 8. Changed the entire game, his composure on the ball, decision making, finish were all of the highest class. Hope him and Azmoun can play together vs Senegal.

Gholizadeh - 6.5. Good cameo from Gholi. He has been playing well for Charleroi in past month and proved that tonight. He is better as sub for TM but his composure on the ball and speed vs tiring defenses are great weapons to have. Nice combo plays with Moharrami.

Ansarifard - 7. Strong cameo from him, also probably cemented his place in WC squad. Great assist.

For next match I would not mind rotating out ARJ and seeing Torabi, Azmoun, Taremi front 3. In midfield introducing Ebrahimi for Hajsafi would be welcome. Maybe giving Majid a game next to Kanaani as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg
                                Three things for the WC:
                                1. bench azmoun, maybe just sub him in
                                2. Bench abedzadeh
                                3. Hajsafi isnt TM quality

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
                                I wonder if we will have an initial plan to play different formamtions for wc, maybe 1 attacker vs england and 2 vs wales and usa. or maybe even 4-3-3 in the last stage. all also depends on the group standings offcourse.
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X