Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you expect TM players to do something in the honour of Mahsa Amini on Friday's gam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essi View Post
    Okey now after I just watched the report on Iran International sport news, their reporter in place (Stadium) gave a good summary. Obviously before the start of the game, the organiser said that no spectators are allowed. After the game started, they did let a number of Iranian people in (100) and most of them with IR Flags so most probably regime/embassy people (Jasoos). Another thing, astonishingly there has been request from Iranian Federation to the broadcasting company who hade the broadcast rights to absolutely not show anything from the side there were spectators which it happened to be true since during the game, not even once they showed behind the bench and this amazed the broadcasting company of course because it was a very odd for them.

So I guess, the players were just afraid to do anything. These guys have all their families in Iran.
    Two protestors did get in with signs supporting Mahsa's movement...but where removed from the stadium in the middle of the game when they refused to take their signs down.

https://www.sportstiger.com/news/two...uguay-friendly

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Article on means of political gestures by teams and players and FIFAs evolving reaction.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN2BI2FN

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        aghayoon
        revolution doesnt happen quick and overnight...... Requires a consistent period of displays of mass discontent primarily by the folks inside the country who are most affected by the status quo and their lives most benefit from a change of it..!
        such a change will take much more time than many of you imagening right now .... !! especially so vs an already isolated international pariah IR regime which has proven in the past that it will use all repressive means necessary to prevent it ..! it's too easy to become paper tiger nowadays on SM platforms, mostly in the safety of our bases out west away from ir's reach and backlash..!
        too many of us need to curb our expectations and beeron neshastegi demanding the truly vulnerable to lengesh kon..!!
        must lower our expectations from our players on these front ftb (myself including..!) must show much , much more patient with our footballers and let them express themselves in a more consistent and proper timing .... for now imo they have done the best they can and we need to lay off of them ridiculously demanding more ..!!
        remember what we asking of them on the pitch and away from it is completely different and in direct conflict with one another..!! they most need focus on footballing achievement ftb considering the pickle they are in for WC preparations..!!
        Perfectly said.

Comment

IRGC calls for Ali Karimi’s arrest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...adona-support/

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            aghayoon
            revolution doesnt happen quick and overnight...... Requires a consistent period of displays of mass discontent primarily by the folks inside the country who are most affected by the status quo and their lives most benefit from a change of it..!
            such a change will take much more time than many of you imagening right now .... !! especially so vs an already isolated international pariah IR regime which has proven in the past that it will use all repressive means necessary to prevent it ..! it's too easy to become paper tiger nowadays on SM platforms, mostly in the safety of our bases out west away from ir's reach and backlash..!
            too many of us need to curb our expectations and beeron neshastegi demanding the truly vulnerable to lengesh kon..!!
            must lower our expectations from our players on these front ftb (myself including..!) must show much , much more patient with our footballers and let them express themselves in a more consistent and proper timing .... for now imo they have done the best they can and we need to lay off of them ridiculously demanding more ..!!
            remember what we asking of them on the pitch and away from it is completely different and in direct conflict with one another..!! they most need focus on footballing achievement ftb considering the pickle they are in for WC preparations..!!
            Though the Arab spring when various Arab nations fell-it was quick bc massive amounts of people sustained it for a week …it can happen quickly as well—much more rare, but nonetheless can happen. Though I wish internal real opposition leader(s) and groups come out and establish real call for revolution—-something yet to be seen

Comment

I dont know, at one hand I understand that you shouldn't mix politics with sports but on the other hand the way the players celebrated the goal showed no sorrow for what is happening... The very least the could do was to not celebrate a meaningless goal in a friendly game.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Comment

The least they could have done is wear black armbands, not celebrate, cut their hair ... they literally could have done anything except for what they did.
                Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  IRGC calls for Ali Karimi’s arrest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...adona-support/
                  Apparently it is FARS (FARCE) News that is calling for it in an article (FARS is connected to IRGC) The actual IRGC does not call for arrests...it does it itself!

Comment

A number of players now coming out in support of people and recent events. Taremi, ARJ, Azmoun etc.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

"Mas'oulin"

these guys genuinely still think these "mas'oulin" care...those days are over.

Same with Haj-Safi message.....wake up and smell the coffee. We want rid of this cancer completely and forever. All their "mas'ouls" can f off too

Comment

Exactly. The days of "reform" are long gone. It's only revolutionary mode from here on out.

This revolutionary mode is now deeply embedded in the minds of Iranians. This shift has happened in the public consciousness. No one gives a shit about reform or reformists anymore.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

^ These are just their first posts, they will become more and more vocal. And them going to the WC will anger the federation a lot. It is great to see.
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X