Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you expect TM players to do something in the honour of Mahsa Amini on Friday's gam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that TM players show up bald to the game. If they all do it, nobody can punish them.

Comment

well then you have idiots like Torabi so highly unlikely that all players will do it. I truly hope they do cause the people have loved and supported them for years and they need to show that they're the people's team and not the government's. Otherwise why support them.

Comment

Stop mixing politic and football!

Comment

Originally posted by Hajik View Post
          In an ideal world, it would make sense.

What about when our women are peppersprayed outside of stadiusm and treated like cattle? Is that ok?
          What about when we have two giant banners of Khamenei and Khomeini in Azadi and banners saying "Who is Hossein" during games? Is that ok?
          When our players are taken hostage with the aim of sportswashing for the clerics (not allowed for wearing green armbands), is that ok?

What is the point of a national team that can not sympathize with the people they are representing, when there are widespread demonstrations in our country.
          Happy that we have such legends such as Ali Karimi, the Esteghlal player who cut his hair, Mahdavikia and Ali Daei among many who do not find your sentence relevant.

Comment

Footbal is Politic
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, where have you been the last 43 years?

Good luck doing that when the word "Iran" is associated with any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
                I hope that TM players show up bald to the game. If they all do it, nobody can punish them.
                that is a great idea..!
                sends a clear message of support w/o compromising the team's wc mission ..!

World Cup would be a grand stage to make a Grand Gesture of Anti-Ir and support for peoples struggles via a wristband etc..!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  Good morning, where have you been the last 43 years?
                  Good luck doing that when the word "Iran" is associated with any sport.
                  Sports is part of society and society is part of politics.

I don't think players should be punished for bad governments (i.e. Iranian players for IR Iran, Russian players for Putin's Russia, Chinese athletes for Uyghur genocide etc.)

But our sportsmen are popular and important elements of civil society in Iran. So of course, politics and sports being mixed is good. Ali Karimi is a sports person who stood up for Iranians, as did Ali Daei, Voria Ghafouri, Gholam Reza Takhti, Ali Karimi etc. Their sports stature helped their role in political life.

Similarly, if we hold true to this principle, then Israeli athletes shouldn't be condemned for their government actions. And we know this point makes a lot of people very uncomfortable and hypocritical.

Also, sports was used against Apartheid South Africa, why not gender apartheid IR (and all the other minorities)?

It's a tricky line - but I don't believe athletes should be collectively punished for their governments. By that rate, which sports would take place as all governments are bad in one shape or another - with of course, IR being at the bottom of that barrel!
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

No. Carlos will not allow ANY form of Hashiye
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

I hope they do something. This is about our women
                      wanting to be regarded as human with will of their
                      own to decide what to wear and how to be and not to look like
                      what a tiny freaking backward minority force them to look like!
                      It is nothing to do with toppling the regime. So I don't think there
                      would be any repercussions or reprisals for them.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Many of the players live in Iran and the current events (including the ongoing crack down) influence them emotionally.

I hope that some of them will show support but I don't expect them to be heros.

CQ won't be cracking the whip on this but would either try to ensure that they don't lose focus or try to channel their emotions into the game.

Many on the team have various degrees of sympathy for IR so I don't expect a uniform reaction.

Comment

Torabiye chadori beraghseh beraghseh

Torabiye chadori beraghseh beraghseh.

In all honesty, it is a risk for them to do these things especially as the regime gets desperate. They have a job to do and show Iran on the world stage and they represent the people in that way.

On the other hand, if Torabi shows some support to the morality police or something I expect he'll be attacked the next time he is in Iran

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            Torabiye chadori beraghseh beraghseh

Torabiye chadori beraghseh beraghseh.

In all honesty, it is a risk for them to do these things especially as the regime gets desperate. They have a job to do and show Iran on the world stage and they represent the people in that way.

On the other hand, if Torabi shows some support to the morality police or something I expect he'll be attacked the next time he is in Iran
                            Players should be left alone.

WC 1978 had all sorts of ideological players, and fortunately they (and the people) were mostly cordial with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Players should be left alone.

WC 1978 had all sorts of ideological players, and fortunately they (and the people) were mostly cordial with them.
                              Its not that people will look to target him its that Torabi has a knack for bone headed things to say at the worst times

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                Its not that people will look to target him its that Torabi has a knack for bone headed things to say at the worst times
                                Quite frankly, I don't think he's very bright, so I just ignore the stupid things he says.
                                I mean I don't expect much from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X