PFDC moved to new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFDC moved to new server

We have upgraded our server. As we are getting close to the WC our site has been extremely busy specially our frontpage has been hit many times which has brought our server down a few times. So I have upgraded the site and we are still getting huge hits on our front page so please be patient as this is normal. We appreciate your patience. Our new server is double the speed and size of our previous server. We want to apologize for any downtime that you might have experienced.

We have also updated our homepage template and we are adding new things to it as we go. Please give us your feedback about it.

Thanks for keeping PFDC as your main source for Iranian football and footballers for 25 years and the support you have given to this site and we hope we have not disappointed you thus far.

Cheers

Webmaster
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
    We have upgraded our server. As we are getting close to the WC our site has been extremely busy specially our frontpage has been hit many times which has brought our server down a few times. So I have upgraded the site and we are still getting huge hits on our front page so please be patient as this is normal. We appreciate your patience. Our new server is double the speed and size of our previous server. We want to apologize for any downtime that you might have experienced.

We have also updated our homepage template and we are adding new things to it as we go. Please give us your feedback about it.

Thanks for keeping PFDC as your main source for Iranian football and footballers for 25 years and the support you have given to this site and we hope we have not disappointed you thus far.

Cheers

Webmaster
    Thanks Webbie. I like the new layout and appreciate your efforts in keeping this place running.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I the only who doesn’t see any of the forum posts from today ?

Comment

Yes I had to take the server back as some functions were not working so every post for today is now gone.sorry guys.
        Last edited by webmaster; 09-16-2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Linode eh? Can you stick a loadbalancer in front?

Comment

Ah I see, thanks for letting us know Kamran jan.

Comment

OK after 2 days of back and forth we have a stable server now. Now most of stuff are working again. Let me know if you find any issues.

Comment

I would like to see a PFDC + Membership which costs some Dollars a month, which would make it free of Advertise for me for example, also i would support PFDC a little bit hopefully............. have you ever thought about that ? I mean we have so many members if 20% would have a 5 dollar membership i think it would help a bit.

Comment

^ I am not sure if many would chip in and it has a lot of work to implement it for me so I am not sure it will produce anything at all.

Comment

Thanks Webbie.

Comment

^ I am not sure if many would chip in and it has a lot of work to implement it for me so I am not sure it will produce anything at all.
                      Do we still do the donation and badge thing we used to do? You could donate to pfdc and you would get a profile badge.

We could also try to do an annual donation drive like wikipedia does. Put a donate to PFDC banner or post once a year. It's won't be a ton of money but might be able to cover some running costs.

Also the donate button on the home page is both buried on the page and dead. When clicked it says account inactive.

Regardless thanks Kamran khan for all the work and effort you put into keep this place alive. It's down for 12 hours, and we all get twitchy like a bunch of addicts going through withdrawals.

Comment

Webbie where do we donate to?
                        I can’t find the button!

Comment

^ I have added the button on the front pages of the forum and the home page.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                            Do we still do the donation and badge thing we used to do? You could donate to pfdc and you would get a profile badge.

We could also try to do an annual donation drive like wikipedia does. Put a donate to PFDC banner or post once a year. It's won't be a ton of money but might be able to cover some running costs.

Also the donate button on the home page is both buried on the page and dead. When clicked it says account inactive.

Regardless thanks Kamran khan for all the work and effort you put into keep this place alive. It's down for 12 hours, and we all get twitchy like a bunch of addicts going through withdrawals.

Thanks I have updated it on both front page and the forums home. Your donations are very much appreciated.

Comment

^ I have added the button on the front pages of the forum and the home page.
                              I donated via PayPal, but it says they’re reviewing it. They’re not Flagging donations because the site is “Persian” football are they ?

Comment

Working...
                              X