Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Uruguay; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.09.2022)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    You're not serious are you? Canada whoop USa's ass and took the top spot in their group. So I dono what you're talking about man. It would've been a great friendly for us.

USA 1 - 1 Canada
    Canada 2 - 0 USA

It would've been great friendly for us. Also the only reason Uruguay wants to play against us so badly is because we have played against south korea in the group.
    What does "Canada whoop USa's ass" have to do with them being a good friendly ? We didn't "whoop S. Korea's ass", so based on your logic, Uruguay should have no interest playing us. Or do you just swap logic when it suits you.

Your point was that Canada and the US have similar playing styles and that would make it a good friendly. I'm telling you that is not the case. There is a much longer history between US and Mexican players. Many of the US players grow up playing in Mexican leagues. We would have gained very little and lost alot more from that friendly.

We had a coach with no strategy, facing a Canadian team which would have given all the US coaches in the stadium plenty of info on our strengths and weaknesses. Yes, for the average fan it would have been entertaining, however, "Wooping asses" is not how you build a preparation schedule.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      What does "Canada whoop USa's ass" have to do with them being a good friendly ? We didn't "whoop S. Korea's ass", so based on your logic, Uruguay should have no interest playing us. Or do you just swap logic when it suits you.

Your point was that Canada and the US have similar playing styles and that would make it a good friendly. I'm telling you that is not the case.

We had a coach with no strategy, facing a Canadian team which would have given all the US coaches in the stadium plenty of info on our strengths and weaknesses. Yes, for the average fan it would have been entertaining, however, "Wooping asses" is not how you build a preparation schedule.
      Exactly, we didn't whoop SK's ass and Uruguay wants to play against us .. Why? Because we have played against South korea and their were in our group. They could use that and analyse our game for their game against SK.

Now regarding "Your point was that Canada and the US have similar playing styles and that would make it a good friendly. I'm telling you that is not the case."
      And I'm telling you that is the case my son. Infact Canada has adopted USA's style of playing with the use of younger physical Black players. Both teams are keen on using physical and speedy players. They don't really play a tiki-taka football or one touch football . Both teams CAN and USA are using Young black african players that are physical and fast . Specially in MD line

USA: Mckennie - adams - Musah
      Canada : Laryea - Kaye - Buchanan

Lol

I dono why you so obsessed with the word "Whooping" that i used , instead try to understand the meaning of my comment. Both USA and Canada are like brothers and they have tried to copy each other in football.

Its not rocket science bro look at their players and their system. This USA team is not even close to the USA team that played in 2014. So how you manage to bring the history of mexico and usa is a big question for me. Unlike mexico this usa team is filled with physical Black players that are very speedy.

Comment

So because they use black players that are strong and fast they have the same style as US ?? Canada did not "adopt" a style that consists of using black players with certain qualities, just because the US have some players that fit into that category. either way, black og white, Iran is going to destroy both teams with our hands tied behind our backs..

Comment

Will the game be aired?

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

Your point was that Canada and the US have similar playing styles and that would make it a good friendly. I'm telling you that is not the case. There is a much longer history between US and Mexican players. Many of the US players grow up playing in Mexican leagues. We would have gained very little and lost alot more from that friendly.
            The benefits of the friendly were questionable sure but how do the US and Mexico play alike? Yeah a few have played in Mexican league throughout the course of their program but Mexico always plays some suicidal possession based attack or attack with speed while the US (at least in the 2000s, tended to bunker a lot and counter)

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              You're not serious are you? Canada whoop USa's ass and took the top spot in their group. So I dono what you're talking about man. It would've been a great friendly for us.

USA 1 - 1 Canada
              Canada 2 - 0 USA

It would've been great friendly for us. Also the only reason Uruguay wants to play against us so badly is because we have played against south korea in the group.
              The only reason Canada got favourable results against Mexico and USA was playing them in frigid Temps. You see when things got warmer Canada struggled against Costa Rica, Panama, Honduras...this Canada team has Alphonso Davies. The rest like Larin, Eustaquioa, and even Buchanan don't play regularly at club level. I'm not sure how beneficial Canada would have been for playing USA since Qatar is nothing like Edmonton in the winter. It would have been a good camp to play two WC teams but the focus would have been on our own development rather than playing USA.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

This is a match I should be super excited about - esp. with king Carlos back. But what's happening in Iran, who cares about football? Unfortunately, some Iranians don't give a shit about Iran and live in a bubble.

I wish my countrymen back home can experience a life of freedom, dignity, and respect. Be payandeh Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fA9IpeWZUI
                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                    This is a match I should be super excited about - esp. with king Carlos back. But what's happening in Iran, who cares about football? Unfortunately, some Iranians don't give a shit about Iran and live in a bubble.
                    I wish my countrymen back home can experience a life of freedom, dignity, and respect. Be payandeh Iran.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fA9IpeWZUI
                    Get your point completely, but your enjoyment of the game takes nothing away from what our compatriots back in Iran are going through.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                        Will the game be aired?
                        Game will be aired by IRIB channel 3. The time is 6:00pm local time, 8:30pm Tehran time, 1:00pm Montevideo time, 12:00pm EST (NY, Toronto), 11:00am CST (Chicago,KC) and 9:00am PST (LA, SF) http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/12981/%D9%BE...8C%D9%85%D8%A7

Iran will wear red and Uruguay will be in blue. The match will be held with no fans or other spectators. http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/12979/%D9%85...B4%D9%86%D8%AF

Go TM!

Comment

I think we are really forgetting how good Uruguay is.
                          Just look at their players. Almost all are key players for their clubs, at clubs that at worst are mid-tier clubs.
                          Great ability and great fighters.

They haven't lost a game in 2022 !

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            I think we are really forgetting how good Uruguay is.
                            Just look at their players. Almost all are key players for their clubs, at clubs that at worst are mid-tier clubs.
                            Great ability and great fighters.

They haven't lost a game in 2022 !
                            Which is a fantastic reason to play them in a friendly. No more Algeria B/C team.

If we get pummeled, then we know where we need to improve against a WC caliber team. If we win, it will be a huge confidence booster. And if we tie, it will be both!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                              Game will be aired by IRIB channel 3. The time is 6:00pm local time, 8:30pm Tehran time, 1:00pm Montevideo time, 12:00pm EST (NY, Toronto), 11:00am CST (Chicago,KC) and 9:00am PST (LA, SF) http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/12981/%D9%BE...8C%D9%85%D8%A7

Iran will wear red and Uruguay will be in blue. The match will be held with no fans or other spectators. http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/12979/%D9%85...B4%D9%86%D8%AF

Go TM!
                              Futbaldoost jan, FOX Deportes is airing the match in the United States: https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/fri...10165?tab=odds

Comment

URUG CHEKARESH MIKUUUUUUUUNIM
                                sooooorakh sooooorakhesh mikuniiiiiiim

LOUIS SOUREZ E VAHSHI
                                MEYMOOOONEH BAG E VAHSHI

DOODORIDOOODOOOO IRANNNNNNN

Comment

Working...
                                X