Where and at which frequency do you wear TM shirt? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where and at which frequency do you wear TM shirt?

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,560 Times in 4,109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    For the second reason, I also meant that Iran is in the same World Cup group.
    I understand better. In my case, being in the same group would have been an extra motivation to wear the TM shirt!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post
    Well, for two reasons:

1) I don't see much point in wearing it in public except during the World Cup, so not even during the Asian Cup.

2) I could get some bad reactions/draw too much attention in public because of "IRAN".

It is on us to educate the public, but I do understand your reasoning. My younger son wears his Azmoun jersey and soccer jerseys quite often (his own team, Spain, France, Germany, Iran etc).
    Anyways we live in a neighborhood near Chicago where many (about 45-55%) are Jewish. He hasn't met any negative reaction (although they are younger middle school kids) and in fact he ended up making a new friend who is Jewish-Iranian and a fan of Azmoun and neither of them were aware of the other's ethnicity!
    Last edited by Under Lahaf; 08-05-2022 at 11:24 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Under Lahaf For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,446 Times in 3,328 Posts
    Every Iran-USA game

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,560 Times in 4,109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Lahaf View Post
    It is on us to educated the public, but I do understand your reasoning. My younger son wears his Azmoun jersey and soccer jerseys quite often (his own team, Spain, France, Germany, Iran etc).
    Anyways we live in a neighborhood near Chicago where many (about 45-55%) are Jewish. He hasn't met any negative reaction (although they are younger middle school kids) and in fact he ended up making a new friend who is Jewish-Iranian and a fan of Azmoun and neither of them were aware of the other's ethnicity!
    Completely agree, the western medias won't do the dirty work for us. At best they will jump in the bandwagon when Iran will become hype (we had a small glimpse of it during the last nuclear deal).

Portugal and portuguese in general had an exaggerate bad reputation in France until some years ago. They were mocked as hell by everybody there. The Portuguese immigrants still stand proudly as portuguese instead of hiding during all these years. Until recently portugal had some economic problems but now they can enjoy as they became hype here and elsewhere.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,231 Times in 570 Posts
    anyone know where i could get any vintage tm jerseys?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread : 56

You do not have permission to view the list of names.