Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Saman played 75 mins of the behind closed doors friendly against Arsenal in a 2-1 win. Both teams used a mixture of first team and back up players.
    https://www.arsenal.com/news/report-...-1-2-brentford
    According to Brentford's match report he captained the team and, looking at the line up, I suspect he played in the midfield with Onyeka and Trevitt (a B team midfield who scored and assisted the other goal)

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/...ford-preseason

Comment

Comment

Saman came on as a sub in the last 15 minutes during a 1-0 win today against Real Betis in their final pre-season friendly.

I didn't see the game but understand from reports that he replaced Henry as a LB in a 4 man defence and almost scored a bicycle kick.

The comments on their fan forum today have generally been kind about him as a squad player for the forthcoming season. I think we can all agree that it's important he is playing regular football going into the world cup but it doesn't look like a transfer is likely even though he's in his final year as he will have more value to them coming off the bench than going for a million or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
          Saman came on as a sub in the last 15 minutes during a 1-0 win today against Real Betis in their final pre-season friendly.

I didn't see the game but understand from reports that he replaced Henry as a LB in a 4 man defence and almost scored a bicycle kick.

The comments on their fan forum today have generally been kind about him as a squad player for the forthcoming season. I think we can all agree that it's important he is playing regular football going into the world cup but it doesn't look like a transfer is likely even though he's in his final year as he will have more value to them coming off the bench than going for a million or two.
          Overall, our legionnaires played ok but lately their stats (assist/goals) are pretty weak. Azmoun, ghoddos, Allahyar, JB. If they improve their status, it will transform their status in their respective clubs

Comment

Brentford is close to signing Danish international winger Mikkel Damsgaard (which is a good signing, in a vacuum).

I think Saman will see most of his minutes this year at LWB.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              Brentford is close to signing Danish international winger Mikkel Damsgaard (which is a good signing, in a vacuum).
              I think Saman will see most of his minutes this year at LWB.
              That is some signing for them, he was good for Denmark at the last Euros. I agree with you where he may get minutes but even that is limited (I don’t see him starting a league game for them, will probably get minutes as one of 5 subs and play in cup games).

Comment

Daamsgard although more of a winger is a good eriksen placement as they will get (although ofc adapting to physicality of PL might be tough for him).

Comment

fans are not happy with jensen and asking for josh to start. If josh starts and settle in the line up then we'll see saman playing more minutes. Both josh and saman played lots of minutes together in championship. So lets hope for jensen to get crossed out.

Comment

There are options now up front. Damsgaard, KLP, Wissa, Canos, Saman and Mbeumo can play on the wings. Most of them can also play more centrally. It gives Brentford scope to change up the formations that they play before and during the match. He could at times revert to the front 3 he played with in the Championship of the BMW times. He could move to 4 at the back too.

Comment

Man I wish we had someone like thomas frank in Premier league. This guy brings every shit danish player that he can. Damsgaard barely played last season (only 11 games) and he was badly injured. Thigh injury and then knee surgery. Its crystal clear that this guy is not up to Premier league level.

Paying 20 Mill for a player that has been badly injured ! FFS

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                        Man I wish we had someone like thomas frank in Premier league. This guy brings every shit danish player that he can. Damsgaard barely played last season (only 11 games) and he was badly injured. Thigh injury and then knee surgery. Its crystal clear that this guy is not up to Premier league level.

Farhad Moshiri?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          Farhad Moshiri?
                          Farhad moshiri is not a manager bro. Farhad moshiri is a business man that only thinks about money and doesn't give a shit about iran.

Someone footbally like vahid hashemian , ali daei , mahdavikia (any respectable footballi legends) ....as a manager , these guys would deffo bring lots of iranian players into premier league .

Comment

The closest we have is Bayat. But his club and league isn't that good unfortunately compared to EPL

Comment

Farhad moshiri is not a manager bro. Farhad moshiri is a business man that only thinks about money and doesn't give a shit about iran.

Someone footbally like vahid hashemian , ali daei , mahdavikia (any respectable footballi legends) ....as a manager , these guys would deffo bring lots of iranian players into premier league .
                              Acun Ilıcalı brings managers and players from Turkish Süper Lig to Hull City.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                Acun Ilıcalı brings managers and players from Turkish Süper Lig to Hull City.
                                moshiri isnt like Acun though. Hes a prick, not interested in bringing iranians (at least thats all he has shown besides talking to Azmouns dad once) and anyways is driving everton into the ground as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X