X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is on. Min 87.
    Brentford leading 3/1

Comment

he looks really fit compared to few months ago. Was sharp in possession when he came on.

Really good for him to be involved with nights like these. Might not happen again in his career so enjoy while it lasts.

FA Cup game on Saturday vs west ham at home.

Comment

Guys, I know Samman has not been forgotten, but can anyone here say he is the same player here that he was at Ostersunds or even Amiens? Yes yes, I know EPL is a different level, but this is a danger. I think he has lost a lot of his creativity due to being forced into a more workman role at Brentford. And I doubt he goes to his potential, there.

Happy to see him in the EPL. Unhappy with his role, as should he be. I don't know if he'll ever break into a better role at Brentford.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          Guys, I know Samman has not been forgotten, but can anyone here say he is the same player here that he was at Ostersunds or even Amiens? Yes yes, I know EPL is a different level, but this is a danger. I think he has lost a lot of his creativity due to being forced into a more workman role at Brentford. And I doubt he goes to his potential, there.

Happy to see him in the EPL. Unhappy with his role, as should he be. I don't know if he'll ever break into a better role at Brentford.
          He is not the same player and that hurts!
          His main force was his shooting ability and the most important positioning himself to shoot.
          People still shit at Taremi because of his miss vs Portugal 4 years ago, but Saman's not even having shot on target on that opportunity vs usa wasn't anything short.
          It was actually much more doable chance compare to Taremi in 2018.
          He totally lost his touch.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great win

Comment

You guys know Saman chance wouldnt have counted anyways right? Taremi fouled CCV and lahoz called the foul right before he shot.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                You guys know Saman chance wouldnt have counted anyways right? Taremi fouled CCV and lahoz called the foul right before he shot.
                Well, that's depressing.
                Regardless, our point is that Saman has been "morphed" into a more defensive player, whose work-rate is good, but whose confidence and technical ability (especially shooting) is waning.

I hate seeing this. It is why I think Iranian players who are technically gifted really need to think about which opportunities look "good", versus those that will actually benefit their growth as a player in the long-run. I maintain that a player like Ghoddos would have been far better suited to a smaller team in La Liga as a "step up", rather than Brentford.

I think if a good team in a lesser European league were to take him off Brentford, and that team said: "Saman, we are going to play you in a more advanced role; go get some goals"; I don't think he would perform well. I've seen it personally (obviously at a lower level in the college ranks), where a player enter a rigid system, and the coach places the player in a much more defensive role. Every time I have observed this over the years, said player has lost confidence and/or technical ability with regards to offensive flare. It's not an Iranian "thing" with respect to being emotional. I just think creativity on the ball needs to be nurtured to a degree, and when it's stifled, it can be a "use it or lose it (over time)" phenomenon.

IMO, a player can practice all he or she wants at making moves, beating defenders, and shooting. But game situations are usually much more intense, and it's not the same.

Comment

A part of me believes Saman will be more active in the second half of this season with Brentford. As far as his potential is concerned, he can still get better but he won't reach his ceiling. At least that's not how it looks if he decides to be a bench player. But I have faith he'll surprise Team Melli fans in the future with 2 really good seasons (wherever that may be. At Brentford or elsewhere)

Comment

Malkay, please correct me if I'm wrong.

But both Onyeka and Baptiste are injured, which may help explain Saman's increased role in the midfield recently. Once they return, Saman will have increased competition and may be relegated to his old backup wingback position.

Comment

2 multiplied by 10, + 1

Romeo Done (joined Brentford)

https://www.theguardian.com/football...om-inter-miami

Comment

FA Cup match against the Hammers tomorrow

Comment

Romeo Beckham joins Brentford B

Comment

Ghoddos is a strong possibility to start

Romeo will be in the stadium

Gimme some more time
                            Gimme 29, seconds to chat this rhyme
                            2 multiplied by 10 plus 1
                            Romeo done​

Comment

Saman starting in FA cup tie vs West Ham.

Comment

Playing LWB. Good start for him. Good in possession.

Comment

Working...
                                X