No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either Saman is injured again, or he's pending a transfer.
    Not in the lineup again today

Comment

Rumour is Saman is linked with Hull City.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I have no idea why he was absent from the entire squad in the Wolfsburg game but today's absence could be related to the fact that they have a behind closed doors friendly with Arsenal tomorrow which other first team players are expected to be playing in. For example, Mbuemo and Lewis-Potter are not in the squad for Brighton.

Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

fk it .... nearly anywhere where he is guaranteed significantly more minutes than last season will do for me...!! better than being nailed to bench 80% of time and coming off it to play LWB late on in a losing effort..!!
          Hull would be fine by me...! sure their coach is a bit of a halfwit but at least he lets his players play where they feel most comfortable performing and sorta leaves it for them to sort out their tactical structure as game goes on..!!?
          i think he'd be most likely to hit his strides and snap outa his funk if allowed to express himself out in the pitch and left in a less restrictive and open attacking system...! that'll never happen playing for thomas at brentford..!

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
            Rumour is Saman is linked with Hull City.
            Seriously? Where did you hear that? That would be amazing honestly….he is exactly what hull are in need of
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

1.5 million is such a cheap valuation, even with the "iranian" tag

I guess playing regular football would be good for him

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                1.5 million is such a cheap valuation, even with the "iranian" tag

I guess playing regular football would be good for him
                Last year of contract prob has something to do with that.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

The links have probably started cos Baz Cooper wrote a piece the other day in the local Hull paper that they are looking to buy two more players from the Premier League and one of them is a number 10.

Comment

Really don't like the Hull City move. Saman should stay and fight for his place at BFC. Sure, he doesn't play as much as we like, but his versatility will give him opportunities (especially with EPL expanding to 5 subs this year). Also, as we're seeing with JB, moving to a smaller club may not always be the best move.

I'm glad that Arya dispelled the rumor.

Comment

Well he atleast got his name in media circulation.. maybe a pl team will ho for him now, who knows.. (jesse lingard to westham boost version is to hope for)
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Saman played 75 mins of the behind closed doors friendly against Arsenal in a 2-1 win. Both teams used a mixture of first team and back up players.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/report-...-1-2-brentford

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              Really don't like the Hull City move. Saman should stay and fight for his place at BFC. Sure, he doesn't play as much as we like, but his versatility will give him opportunities (especially with EPL expanding to 5 subs this year). Also, as we're seeing with JB, moving to a smaller club may not always be the best move.

I'm glad that Arya dispelled the rumor.
                              You really think staying in Brentford and playing once every 3 games for 20-30 mins is better than being an important player for a team that should be fighting for promotion (or at least on paper they should)? Idk man…I’m all about the hustle but in a World Cup year fitness and playing time matters most IMO.

Also if you look at Saman’s career and look at the times where he was playing consistently vs not consistently you’ll also see that e has always looked sharper and more impactful as a starter rather than a sub….so to me the thought process is the more playing time, the better for Saman’s form since realistically he might start 5-6 games all season for Brentford between league and cup games.

I saw the update saying it the rumored link is bs anyway so I guess it doesn’t matter…..but if Brentford are indeed shopping him to championship sides I think it’s a very good thing for saman.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^ Thanks for your input, GA jan.
                                To be honest, yes. I think he can get some solid game time this year (PL, two cups, etc.). Also, it's the last year of his contract, and he'll be much more of an appealing FA coming from a PL team rather than a Championship team. Also, Saman wasn't overly successful in the Championship (perhaps it was too rough and aggressive for him). He's fared much better in the PL (by BFC fans' own accord).

Also, Hull City is not very appealing. They have some good players, but haven't look great in pre-season (I realize it's just pre-season). Unless they make a coaching change that drastically improves their performances, I think they'll be mid-table (at best).

Now, if Saman were linked with a side that was a definite promotion contender (Norwich, Watford, etc.), then that makes a little more sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X