No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wissa scores on a header, 1-1 now (Saman not involved).

Comment

Nice goal for Brentford, good cross and good header by wissa….1-1
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
        Wissa scores on a header, 1-1 now (Saman not involved).
        Was part of the build up 4th pass prior I think
        Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

1-1 game over.

Solid 15 mins by Saman. Good in possession, smart passing choices, one slightly over hit ball towards toney. Involved in the build up for the goal, good choice to recycle ball to dasilva when it came to him, and his positioning meant that palace LB couldnt come inside to mark wissa for the header

Couple good interceptions and solid defensive plays/positioning. One dangerous cross that GK read well/toney didnt get too.

This is high level football. If he can consistently get 15-20 mins a game, cup starts, and then real starts in league like last season (vs City and Spurs for ex) it is worth staying for another year. He probably wont be involved with a team this solid again. It beats scoring every week in sweden for sure. Also 300x more impressive than anything sarlak or nourollahi will do this season. Yeah he plays wingback often for them, but there are other PL players (like Zinchenko) who do the same and revert to CM for their country. IF a player is technically and tactically sound enough (which ghoddos is) there is no issue with that, specially if it fills a need for the NT.

He definitely looks sharp and fit.

Comment

dang...missed the game..!! :/
            good to hear he got some minutes and performed above avg...!

you guys think today was good enough to warrant more features soon ? or more minutes..?

his last short outing was pretty dreadful..!!

Comment

he did look very fit and hungry! Hope we get to see saman start vs senegal or uruguay, even as a CM, if he plays behind SA and MT he can assist

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                you guys think today was good enough to warrant more features soon ? or more minutes..?
                yeah it was definitely enough to earn him a few more similarly lengthed cameos in upcoming games (ofc if game situation dictates it).

Frank does trust him I think, or else he wouldnt have played him in the big fixtures he did last year, or they would have just shipped him off this summer. Now is it enough to get him a starting spot most of the time, no.

But if saman plays like he did today and as we always say gets a little more assertive in final third (like he has shown in flashes in PL) he will get rewarded with a bigger role.

For him a lot is down the 1. staying fit (he had a great game as starter vs spurs last season and then got injured) and 2. combining the various things frank wants from him on D end (positionally alert, strong in challenges, quick to press where possible) and his own natural strengths (creative, great in possession and under pressure, good finisher). Sometimes it been a bit hard for him to get the right balance, but I see him moving towards that whenever he gets a decent run of mins.

Ultimately, he will be a much better player when he leaves brentford than he arrived. Physically much more fit, way better off the ball, more versatile (now can play CM and WingBack at high level, not just #10 role or false 9). When peopel compare his situation to ARJ I do not agree bc ARJ stopped improving at brighton and progressively got worse. The situation is such a mess it has taken over a year to start recovering from even after transfer!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  Nothing matters with Frank. Even when saman has performed well he was not rewarded with more mins so I’m not that optimistic. Praying for a deadline day miracle still, he needs to get the heck out of this club that refuses to treat him fair
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    Nothing matters with Frank. Even when saman has performed well he was not rewarded with more mins so I’m not that optimistic. Praying for a deadline day miracle still, he needs to get the heck out of this club that refuses to treat him fair
                    Dara jan I've been talking about this before. Its not anything to do with his performance, its the system that frank uses which doesn't fit saman. Saman is only subbed in when they need to score. Its been like that since last year. Whenever they are a goal down saman comes in and they play nice attacking football . Frank only goes for defensive and physical players because he likes to make the game physical and defensive. He even tried to ditch out rico henry but couldn't find alternative so he has stuck with him.

He tried to use saman as a defensive player and he was injured. Either saman should move to bundes liga team or stay in brentford train and play top level football and get his 10-20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Saman is on for Hickey, I think he's playing RWB/RB.
                      No he is CM [emoji6]

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Saman's iconic goal celebration with repeated head-smacking of the goal-scorer

Comment

so still No rumors of a last minute loan for our boy..??

guess he'd have to scrap out as many minutes as possible by upping his performance at the training ground till WC ...!!

the way things are shaping out so far, if eskoocher or even Carlito in charge, highly doubt he could amass any more WC minutes as he did in 2018..?

Comment

He's not going anywhere. He's a squad player at Brentford, in the Premier League, in a season with 5 subs. They want him for the flexibility he offers and to make up the 25 man squad. He wants to be at a club at the highest level (there's no lateral move for him) and he wants the wages that secondary leagues like Sweden wont come near to matching. He's nearly 30, there's no reason to take a massive wage cut in what might be your last big contract.

He has less than a year on his contract with a 1 year option which the club are unlikely to take up. A January move may be possible, particularly if he does well in the world cup and Brentford expect to retain most of their squad in the next window and keep strengthening.

He just needs to get his head down, train hard, keep fit, take the limited minutes and always give 100% on the pitch. Thomas Frank has his preferred 11 whether it's 5-3-2 or 4-3-3 and he's unlikely to break into that unless there are injuries.

Comment

I think from Jan he is available to sign a pre contract on a free transfer with European clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Saman's iconic goal celebration with repeated head-smacking of the goal-scorer
                                First one was Big Willie Style 😅
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X