No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not trying to be a jerk guys but I can’t see how you thought his first half was good ? I agree that he played great 2nd half but I just thought he didn’t have it at all in the first half.

And I know some of you said ARJ was bad too; I agree on that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Sure! I say 2 out of the 3….he’s a lock for the England game IMO. Between USA and wales he will start one too.
      Chelokabab on me if you are right.
      You can choose any kabab [emoji16]
      Age to bakhti kobideh man raziam [emoji3]

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        I’m not trying to be a jerk guys but I can’t see how you thought his first half was good ? I agree that he played great 2nd half but I just thought he didn’t have it at all in the first half.

He was average at best. You are not jerk.
        Why jerk man? You are expressing your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Chelokabab on me if you are right.
          You can choose any kabab [emoji16]
          Age to bakhti kobideh man raziam [emoji3]

You got a deal haji, kabab it is
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            do you mind sharing the time stamps for the youtube link where you think he could have done better?

Here is what I have for him in the first half (all time stamps refer to clip times, not game clock):

1:57 - great one touch pass in the half space to free ARJ after sadegh's good turn under pressure. Also nice realization of where to be in that situation.

4:56 - simple but effective switch of play after dropping deep to help buildup. This was clear instruction by CQ, actually thought the CBs could have played through him more at times.

5:27 - he is up high on bentancur forcing them to play long and lose possession, good follow-up press by saeid to get the actual turnover.

6:31 - long ball by kanaani towards saman. He loses aerial battle to the defender. He won't win a lot of those, but pass from kanani was smart play as uruguay were pressing there and our other mids werent providing good passing options. Right after this Saman initiates a good high press.

7:43 - gets ball from sardar and gives good pass to Sadegh who puts in really bad cross. Probably Sadegh's worst moment of the night in offensive phase. Had saman wide open for return ball in space.

7:52 - after moharrami turnover, Saman does half field sprint to get back in position, picks the ball back up following strong tackle from kanani, resets back to shoja

8:12 - involved in short passing sequence as we try to bait uruguay out of their defensive block a bit

11:40 - 12:03 - textbook example of how our defensive shape has improved under CQ already, midfield lines are tight together and hold team knows their role. Includes Saman who is up high on bentancur, preventing uruguay from playing through their best CM. They have to go long and ARJ intercepts. Unfortunately we can't get it down and results in 50/50 aerial that Saman loses.

12:36 - 13:07 - again strong structure out of possession. They end up going long and losing possession when saman presses the GK high (his starting position is the mid line here, another high intensity sprint)

16:33 - gets ball from saeid, turns and makes good pass out wide to ARJ

17:15 - shitty pass from saeid, saman makes good tackle and saeid is able to recover the ball.

21:12 - pass by hajsafi into space, it was actually a smart pass and Saman could have anticipated it better. Not able to get to it.

22:38 - Saman's play of the half. Lovely touch over the defender into space after great clip ball from Sadegh. Cross to Azmoun is well hit and into dangerous area, but second CB is able to deal with it.

24:56 - Saman at heart of another one of our best passing moves this game. Changes position with ARJ momentarily, perfectly executed pass into saeid after Sardar makes a good lay off, and suddenly good uruguay press is broken and we get the ball wide to Jalali on opposite side. Ball Saman gave here could easily result in turnover if given by some of the CM alternatives, many of whom do not have the IQ to open wide when ARJ goes interior there.

25:33 - Saman tries to bring down clipped ball but it gets too far from him, still ball gets cleared to ARJ who gives it to azmoun. One of azmoun's worst moments of the half as he tries stupid flick it around defender and ends up with turnover...Sadegh was wide open in high position!

27:06 - simple backpass to Kanani

27:22 - again simple in possession with wide pass to moharrami. Sadegh gives it right back to him and Saman waits until perfect moment to release to Saeid (Bentancur commits fully and is now out of position, giving saeid way more space). Gets the ball back from saeid, plays smart and gives it back to him. This was decent spell of possession that ended with ARJ shocking turnover and their counterattack. Saman's play here is what I refer to when I say I am not sure if other CM options like Nourollahi can execute as well under this sort of pressure.

28:40 - gets the ball under pressure, gets a little lucky that his pass that hits presser comes back to his feet, but second times plays it safe back to beiro.

29:38 - gets ball under pressure from sadegh. Holds off presser and plays smart back to kanani. If he tried to turn here it would have resulted in giveaway. Smart play

30:52 - one touch back to saeid

32:02 - Strong press by Saman, wins the ball and gets throw high up the pitch.

32:41 - smart flick under pressure by Saman to ARJ. Sadly ARJ is slower than dirt With a bit of speed he could be in 1v1 there.

34:06 - Gets ball under pressure, pass is deflected but manages to find saeid who plays out. Azmoun dropping deep is able to switch play. Love when Sardar does this.

45:27 - tries to find azmoun but doesn't get enough on it. Could do better here but not a dangerous place to lose it.

45:41 - the stupid giveaway that has probably biased a lot of people's thoughts about his overall performance.

Basically besides the giveaway in last kick of half he was pretty solid. Faultless in possession, helped us break their press the handful of times we did so nicely, worked really hard off the ball, created multiple turnovers, 1 good chance. It is a bit annoying that in aerials he is lacking but he more than makes up for it other parts of his game.

And you aren't being a jerk, just expressing different opinion. I think we are in agreement he had strong second half. If iran19 wants to chime in any moments in particular besides the bad turnover he could executed better (with or without ball) I am interested to hear it

Comment

Ghoddos and Moharrami are in my opinion two of our players with the best technique and overall smartest decision making when it comes to playing out the back under pressure. Our right hand side will hands down be where we manage to break presses and without those two we will likely resort to some bekesh-ziresh style.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                Ghoddos and Moharrami are in my opinion two of our players with the best technique and overall smartest decision making when it comes to playing out the back under pressure. Our right hand side will hands down be where we manage to break presses and without those two we will likely resort to some bekesh-ziresh style.
                Agree. Saman was fantastic. Looked lean, covered a lot of ground (for others) and ran his tail off.

Also - Saman and Sadegh look like each other too!
                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

4 sub made, losing 3-1 and he is not IN.
                  Another game no min most likely.
                  I am surprised he decided to stay a head of WC.
                  His situation is worst than last yr, clearly not in coach any plan.

Comment

Saman Subbed in at 83’

Comment

Now 5-1

Comment

Rape shodan

Comment

Brentford up 1-0 against Brighton at HT.

Saman on the bench.

Comment

Saman coming on, 87th minute.

Comment

Saman with a good defensive play on the edge of the box. There was minimal contact, VAR check confirmed no foul/PK.

Comment

more mins than KLP and damsgaard

Comment

Working...
                                X