Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2022-23

New season. New thread. New posts here...

He's gone on Brentford's pre-season tour in Germany - some other squad players on the fringes last season haven't - so is evidently part of the manager's plans/squad for the new season.

I'm not expecting him to start many games but with 5 substitutes this season, he should see a lot more time from the bench and have the opportunity to fight for a place in the team.

There doesn't appear to be any transfer speculation about him either, which isn't surprising given how little he featured last season, so much of which was out of position.

Here's to hoping he can provide some meaningful contribution to the Bees first half of the season, stay fit and perform well for us in the World Cup to earn himself a move in January to a club that regards him as a starter.

Otherwise, his contract expires at the end of the season and, barring a very good season regarded by both club and player, I don't see them extending and he'll be a free agent.

Today Brentford are playing Strasbourg in a friendly.

Saman is on the bench so will likely play the full 2nd half.

watch here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8awnGG5a8k

Comment

For anyone that didn't watch. The match ended 2-2. Saman played 30 minutes on the RW.

They have a couple of "cooling breaks" in each half. Brentford's starting line up played the first 60 minutes, they went 2-1 down just before the cooling break then switched the whole team. Saman had no involvement on the equaliser which was well taken by their new LW signing from Hull, Keane Lewis-Potter.

Saman's highlights were:
      - 63' A nice cross from the right which the forward (Dervisoglu) fluffed and then the team
      - 68' A fairly won tussle with the CB that would have put him 1 on 1 with the keeper but the ref blew the whistle, could have been for an offside but definitely wasn't a foul by Ghoddos
      - a good 30 minute run out where he had some good movement, dribbles and passes

They play Wolfsburg on Saturday. Hopefully he gets some more minutes under his belt.

Comment

I suppose for Brentford he is a low risk player - he doesn’t cause issues, seems to be happy to stay. His wages aren’t crazy high and if they were to sell him with only a year left on his contract they wouldn’t get a big sum. So for them makes sense that they keep him as he is a utility player who can cover a few different positions which with the 5 subs rule is a plus.

Comment

Brentford will have a tough season without Erikson. He was instrumental in their midfield pulling the strings in the last part of the season. Unless they find a worthy replacement, it will be tough going. The coach is a capable coach. I hope he will find a formation that uses Saman more.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I am not looking forward to this season at all, I feel like it will be like last season unfortunately. I hope I get proven wrong
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              I suppose for Brentford he is a low risk player - he doesn’t cause issues, seems to be happy to stay. His wages aren’t crazy high and if they were to sell him with only a year left on his contract they wouldn’t get a big sum. So for them makes sense that they keep him as he is a utility player who can cover a few different positions which with the 5 subs rule is a plus.
              I believe he's one of their highest earners. They don't pay a lot. Outside of Raya, Jansson, Ajer, Toney and Norgaard (not sure about the 3 new signings)... he's probably not earning a lot less than the next highest earner. I've seen figures between £15,000 to £23,000 per week batted about. It will depend on bonuses like appearances but there aren't many players on much more than than.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                I believe he's one of their highest earners. They don't pay a lot. Outside of Raya, Jansson, Ajer, Toney and Norgaard (not sure about the 3 new signings)... he's probably not earning a lot less than the next highest earner. I've seen figures between £15,000 to £23,000 per week batted about. It will depend on bonuses like appearances but there aren't many players on much more than than.
                Not sure about the credibility of this source, but per the link below, he's tied for 10th highest wages on the team: https://www.capology.com/club/brentford/salaries/

It does cite the £15,000 weekly wage you've previously heard about.

It also does say this is the last year of his contract, so it'll be an important year for Saman.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  Not sure about the credibility of this source, but per the link below, he's tied for 10th highest wages on the team: https://www.capology.com/club/brentford/salaries/

It does cite the £15,000 weekly wage you've previously heard about.

It also does say this is the last year of his contract, so it'll be an important year for Saman.
                  Yeah, I'd take the numbers on all of those sites with a pinch of salt. I suspect Brentford's highest earner is on more than £25k per week basic and that Saman is probably on the upper end of what I wrote because his contract will likely have had increases for promotion and an increase for avoiding relegation.

The players I mentioned above (except Ajer who was a new signing last summer) have all had new contracts recently. I also forgot Henry who also has a new contract and will definitely put him on more than Saman rather than the £12k per week that says.

I think 10th isn't far off though looking at the names again. Mbeumo and Jensen are probably on a bit more also. The 3 new signings too - particularly Strakosha, who according to that site, was on £37k per week with Lazio last season and he wont have taken a wage drop to go to Brentford.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    I am not looking forward to this season at all, I feel like it will be like last season unfortunately. I hope I get proven wrong
                    He played about 500 minutes of premier league football last season and was mostly injury free until the last few games... I'm willing to bet, barring any injuries or new signings in his position, that he'll get closer to double that if not more this season. If he's on the bench, he's likely to still get minutes as they most commonly sub midfielders and they have less of them this year.

Comment

Malkay, did you see that Brentford had reopened their academy after 6 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        Malkay, did you see that Brentford had reopened their academy after 6 years?
                        I did. I think they were forced to do it as the other premier league clubs voted that all clubs should have an academy.

They shut theirs down due to their players being poached by richer clubs in favour of a B team that would sign 18-21 year old cast off from other teams academies and it was working for them. Other teams down the league have started to copy that.

If they're smart, they'll do it on a very low budget because there's little value in a teenage sensation unless they're 17 or over and signed to a long term contract. Developing misjudged cast offs from top academies, giving them a year or two at a club like Brentford will yield much more transfer value so they'll likely stick with investment in the B team and just meet the bare minimum in their academy.

As a fan also of the England national team, I agree with the other clubs though as it's important that all English teams are playing their part in developing young talent for the future of the national game.

Comment

Saman not in squad for today’s friendly against Wolfsburg.

Comment

They lost 4-0 to Wolfsburg

First 3 goals were all from corners. The last was a mistake when playing out the back between Sorensen and Jensen.

For some reason they came back to London during the week and then flew back again to Germany. They look pretty unfit still and their big problem is defensive injuries to Ajer and Pinnock who both might be out until after the World Cup, which is why they've signed Mee from Burnley this week. Norgaard also hasn't featured yet in preseason which is a worry.

After their first 2 games away to Leicester and home to United, they have a nice run of fixtures but they need to sort their defending if they're gonna take advantage of those fixtures. Otherwise this could be a long season.

Comment

Friendly tomorrow at 7am PST, against none other than Potter's BHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X