Skocic set to lead Iran to World Cup after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    This is a very befuddled individual who always talks about points records and says "only stats matter", then says that points don't count and talks about playing style... It's actually quite funny seeing the logical flip-flopping to suit the narrative 😂😂
    4 points in a world cup is a stat but it is not an achievement. Can you see the difference? Befuddled is right. You are so befuddled that you can't even comprehend a change of opinion, you cant even comprehend supporting and criticizing at the same time. LOL. First get to grade one then we will talk about grade 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      This is just not true. North Korea parked it in 2010 WC and lost 7-0, 3-0, and 1-0. Zero points against Ivory Coast, Brazil, and Portugal. Highly defensive football.
      Watching Iran in 2018 in particular it was not just "park the bus". This is highly sophisticated defensive shape that takes meticulous and detailed coaching, player selection decisions, and tactical decisions to when go forward in the attack. Case and point is Iran-Portugal. We did not just play defensive the whole game, there were points where we had Portugal on their heels and almost won in added time.
      We held Spain to like 3-4 shots on target in 2018 and they scored a goal off a deflection. Any team in the world playing defensive can not do that.
      Most teams do. This happens a lot in world soccer. Weak teams with weak managers will always park the bus. And they (weaker teams than Iran) have gotten better results against better teams than to only lose by one goal. This Narrative is pure bologna. Let's call it what it is. Just because some teams (ourselves also) parked the bus and still lost doesn't change the reality.

ANY TEAM CAN PARK THE BUS AGAINST THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD AND BARELY LOSE. THIS IS WHAT WEAK TEAMS DO ALL THE TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by IranPuma View Post
        Bro what? LMAO that Morocco team was better than us and easily could've smacked us 4-1. That win was huge, I watched them play Portugal and Spain and their bad luck might've been worse than ours, even excluding the bad luck of getting no points with us. They went head to head with those teams and it was impressive and far superior to our performance from a footballing level. Go watch how we "moved" the ball against those two teams and watch Morocco move it with confidence and beauty and come back and tell me that during that world cup they were on the same level as us....GTFO LOL.
        GTFO. Morroco the super power who has lost against Asian teams in every world cup they played in. And you can add Tunisia and Egypt to that list. Saudi beat a stronger team without fluking an own goal or parking the bus. GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
          Morocco was arguably the best team at that moment in the group. Not because they had the best players on paper and also not because they achieved something in the past (WC & EC winners barely can repeat their feat, look at Italy now). It was because Morocco had good enough players that dared to play football.
          They had more passes than us in 1 game than we had in 3. The could have easily parked the bus too but what is the use of showing the world you are inferiors?!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            After a 4-0 defeat in the first leg in Tehran in 2011. Their 1-0 was in Maldives' waterlogged pitch.

It was waterlogged for both teams right?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Maldives improved considerably due to investment in their team following 1997. The drubbing prompted them to advance their league system and international set-up
              They drew with South Korea in world cup qualifying 5 years later, very shortly after SK's semi final run. Maldives of 2000s was completely different to their 1997 team
              Eight years before they "parked the bus" against Iran
              But dont let facts change your narrative
              Oh the irony...Narrative or facts? LOL befuddled much?!

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                Oh the irony...Narrative or facts? LOL befuddled much?!
                Ok, Maldives didn't draw 0-0 with South Korea in the early 2000s world cup qualifiers

Happy now?

Comment

After a 4-0 defeat in the first leg in Tehran in 2011. Their 1-0 was in Maldives' waterlogged pitch.

It was after these two games that I started my decade long campaign against Karim Ansarifard. He missed so many chances. Mid level player. We are very fortunate CQ invited Ghoochannejhad.

Comment

Ok, Maldives didn't draw 0-0 with South Korea in the early 2000s world cup qualifiers

Happy now?
                    No, not that part, that actually proves me right. I was talking about the BOLDED PART.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                      GTFO. Morroco the super power who has lost against Asian teams in every world cup they played in. And you can add Tunisia and Egypt to that list. Saudi beat a stronger team without fluking an own goal or parking the bus. GTFO.
                      I can't even begin to explain how dumb you are LOL even with all the statistics against you, you'd still argue.

Comment

Let me tell you something about "Parking the bus" system! People here keep mentioning some weak (physically) asian teams as an example of "failing parking the bus"

In order to park the bus you need to have 11 tall strong players that can run 90 minutes (fitness) and have the strength to take out other players. Maldive or south korea or vietnam etc.. can't never park the bus! They are short , small and physically weak!

Look at our squad in 2018. All tall and physical players.

Ps Omid ebrahimi is a tank he can take out anyone . lol

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                          Let me tell you something about "Parking the bus" system! People here keep mentioning some weak (physically) asian teams as an example of "failing parking the bus"

In order to park the bus you need to have 11 tall strong players that can run 90 minutes (fitness) and have the strength to take out other players. Maldive or south korea or vietnam etc.. can't never park the bus! They are short , small and physically weak!

Look at our squad in 2018. All tall and physical players.

Ps Omid ebrahimi is a tank he can take out anyone . lol
                          I do agree with you in what you say in regards to allowing the ball to be in possession of the opposing team but snuffing out the space from them in the 3 part of the pitch and then to transition into a counter attack in numbers in a flash is a skill that can only be taught by a master and learned by skilled & physically strong team. The Iran Argentina game was one such game that i wont ever forget. We created so many dangerous chance on the counter. If it wasnt for their GK we would have at least been 2 up. i reckon if for that game we would have Taremi & Sardar we would have won it.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            It was waterlogged for both teams right?

Yes, but you are saying it as though if Maldives parked the bus on a pristine Qatari field it would still be 0-0 or 1-0.

No they would have been eviscerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                              This is just not true. North Korea parked it in 2010 WC and lost 7-0, 3-0, and 1-0. Zero points against Ivory Coast, Brazil, and Portugal. Highly defensive football.
                              Watching Iran in 2018 in particular it was not just "park the bus". This is highly sophisticated defensive shape that takes meticulous and detailed coaching, player selection decisions, and tactical decisions to when go forward in the attack. Case and point is Iran-Portugal. We did not just play defensive the whole game, there were points where we had Portugal on their heels and almost won in added time.

We held Spain to like 3-4 shots on target in 2018 and they scored a goal off a deflection. Any team in the world playing defensive can not do that.
                              Has anyone responded to this yet?

This whole narrative of "parking the bus" seems to be getting used non-stop by certain members

It's just an issue of pragmatism, one doesn't need a UEFA B licence to see how Iran has to adjust its play based on our talent pool

https://twitter.com/Arya_Allahverdi/...10873062813697

https://twitter.com/Arya_Allahverdi/...96657226625025

Comment

Yes, but you are saying it as though if Maldives parked the bus on a pristine Qatari field it would still be 0-0 or 1-0.

No they would have been eviscerated.
                                Maybe you are right. Trend showed they were doing more effective bus parking with each match. Anyhow playing in rain and inclement weather is part of football. The point was it can happen...even if it's once in a lifetime.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X