Skocic set to lead Iran to World Cup after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    Fantastic post. I just add, we even didnt get the cooled stadiums and pitches since the qualifying teams practiced there, they didnt even check our stadiums out before last second.
    also big question, hashemian has been there for ages as assistant for several coaches, seen several preps, has own experiance as a player. did he advice against this ridiculous camp and also said anything about canada might get canceled?
    PLZ Gol Bezan, next time you want to make an intervue and they want to send Tot, try get Hashemian insteead and ask him some pressuring questions such as: What do you se yourself contributing with, whats your asignments under training/during camps/in between camps. do you/did you advice skocic about conditions in qatar, do you point out what other camps you have experianced and coaches you experianced did good that TM can copy etc..
    oh i forgot to add, if you can get Tot but not Hashemian, then plz ask Tot about Hashs role aswell, maybe maske it in and ask first in general as about what different roles all assistants has, name one or two and then go in on Hash, think many members wonder about this mystery and would be thankful if someone shed some light on this.
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Ive read that he was but maybe i wont find it due to the intense coverage.

Btw who do we think we are expecting world class coaches to coach us. Aside from azmoun and taremi our players cant string together 3 or 4 passes.

The sad story for me is the vart majority of our players hold the same level skocic does.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
        Ive read that he was but maybe i wont find it due to the intense coverage.

Btw who do we think we are expecting world class coaches to coach us. Aside from azmoun and taremi our players cant string together 3 or 4 passes.

The sad story for me is the vart majority of our players hold the same level skocic does.
        you do not need to be a world class coach to decide that taking players for the longest preparatory camp before the biggest tournamnent of their lives to a climate where they cannot train for more than 1-2 hours a day long after nightfall in terrible pitch conditions is probably the wrong move.

As for the players, Taremi and Azmoun are stars but recall this is the same team (actually better in terms of personnel playing at high level in europe + their experience as individuals) that got 4pts 4 years ago in the group of death in Russia.

Actually, most of the 11 players that took Taremi's side certainly are currently playing at higher levels than skocic has ever coached at.

Comment

Maybe youre right most likely we will get 1 point max 4. But if skocic pulls an upset please dont manhandle some old trope about players gheyrat or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            you do not need to be a world class coach to decide that taking players for the longest preparatory camp before the biggest tournamnent of their lives to a climate where they cannot train for more than 1-2 hours a day long after nightfall in terrible pitch conditions is probably the wrong move.

As for the players, Taremi and Azmoun are stars but recall this is the same team (actually better in terms of personnel playing at high level in europe + their experience as individuals) that got 4pts 4 years ago in the group of death in Russia.

Actually, most of the 11 players that took Taremi's side certainly are currently playing at higher levels than skocic has ever coached at.
            First. Skocic plan was Canada camp as he stated himself.

Seond as Adel pointed out iff went for cheapest option when that feel through and set up Qatar. At which point Skocic discussed with Adel he had no info from iff when the Algeria match would happen and if it would even happen.

This is early on iff tying to rescue a bungled Canada camp.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

Seond as Adel pointed out iff went for cheapest option when that feel through and set up Qatar. At which point Skocic discussed with Adel he had no info from iff when the Algeria match would happen and if it would even happen.

They think IFF is sitting on ganje khosravi. Even if they did theyre still thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

After the Canada camp fell apart, Skocic and his staff requested the Doha camp. They could have stayed in Iran but chose to go to one of the hottest places on earth in the summer.
                Mario Tot even defended the decision in his Gol Bezan interview.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  After the Canada camp fell apart, Skocic and his staff requested the Doha camp. They could have stayed in Iran but chose to go to one of the hottest places on earth in the summer.
                  Qatar themselves went to Spain due to the intense heat! That should have told you what not to do ... telltale sign.
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

unbelievable. Tot says its their choice and explains why in english language interview. You guys say otherwise.

If it was 2pm you would say its 2am.

You arent even willing to give an inch and answer some very reasonable questions

Comment

Originally posted by AGC
                      I think you are misreading ghere is no disagreement: yes destination was staff choice. Not the details. As you mentioned In an earlier post.
                      I assume by details you referring to the weather and state of the pitch? Sorry these can be verified in 2 mins with proper due diligence. Its on him. Its ok to say it, you wont be labelled "khalafkar"

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        I assume by details you referring to the weather and state of the pitch? Sorry these can be verified in 2 mins with proper due diligence. Its on him. Its ok to say it, you wont be labelled "khalafkar"
                        Lol.

Still the end result was skocic in and kharab kari by taremi. Zero results. No change, only disarray.

Feel free to call me khalaf kar if you want to but thank you so much for holding your emotions and keeping it civil. Im grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          No they couldn't. The pollution in Iran is intense. Electricity unreliable. If you have gone to iran in last 5-10 years you know after nowrouz things become unbearable. Going out is an exercise in breathing it gets so bad. Iff is not as rich as Qatar FA to house the team in Spain for months. They got the only option available.

I don't think going to Qatar is smart but clearly iff has no sense of planning and is pinching every rial to pay-off all the Cas verdicts. I'm also not defending Skocic. He ultimately should have voiced concerns and maybe even used his supposed connections for something in Croatia to take place.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

There have always been sideline issues, no matter who has been TM manager. The Qatar camp was the right move by Dragan. TM got the feel of it, the heat of it, also not in a high class manner. Think of it, during all these past years, when can you recall a sideline issue free football in Iran!? Maybe during the Pahlavi KingsKingdom.

Comment

The most confusing lead up to a World Cup for Team Melli. I don’t remember how it was exactly behind the scenes in 1998, and 1978 was a different era.

But at least leading up to the World Cups in 2006, 2014 and 2018 we knew who our head coach was. At least we knew who we were playing against in friendlies and which kit manufacturer sponsored our team (I know they confirmed Majid but.. idk.).

What’s sad is the fact that out of the 6 teams who qualified to the World Cup, this golden generation of players are capable to make something happen. This is the first time in our history that Team Melli has qualified to their 3rd consecutive World Cup and this is how they’re treated and situations are dealt with. Never have any of us seen such a shit show within and surrounding our team. It is an absolute embarrassment.

Comment

feeeew it was a close one, we almost went back 12 years. God is merciful.

Comment

Working...
                                X