Skocic set to lead Iran to World Cup after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
    I've reserved judgment on you for a while, but after seeing your vapid, illogical trolling for myself, I can verify that you are an insipid fool.

No.. it is absolutely not true that any team and/or coach can park the bus against superior opposition and grind a victory. That alone tells me you're an angry couch-potato of a troll. It appears your only joy in life comes from playing the moron.
    Don't be foolish. Use your logic and 20% of your intelligence. "any team" does not mean you and your cousins can park the bus and get a result vs Spain. Any national team in a world cup in this context. Only a moron does not know when you are at 10; 6,7,8,9 came before it. Use your brain please and do not insult other members. Parking the bus is not something CQ invented. Weaker teams have been doing this strategy on stronger teams for ever, albeit sometimes unintentionally. So yes this strategy is so weak that you do not even need a coach to revert to it in front of a superior team. A thing about morons is they usually come in high numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
      He is literally doing all this for shits and giggles, no one is that stupid. He gets off on making members angry.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        Don't be foolish. Use your logic and 20% of your intelligence. "any team" does not mean you and your cousins can park the bus and get a result vs Spain. Any national team in a world cup in this context. Only a moron does not know when you are at 10; 6,7,8,9 came before it. Use your brain please and do not insult other members. Parking the bus is not something CQ invented. Weaker teams have been doing this strategy on stronger teams for ever, albeit sometimes unintentionally. So yes this strategy is so weak that you do not even need a coach to revert to it in front of a superior team. A thing about morons is they usually come in high numbers.
        You're still an oaf. It is a fallacy to believe any national team can park the bus and beat superior opposition.
        Again, you are showing a lack of acumen, and quite frankly, a lack of intelligence. Of course we speak of national teams in this context, idiot. We're not talking about you playing fat-man footy against your buddies in the backyard, with kabob in on hand and a 2-liter of soda in the other.
        "Parking the bus" against such opponents and actually getting a result is not simply defending for one's life, aimlessly. It takes good defensive discipline with strategy against a given opponent, and pinpoint passing to mids and forwards who have the skill-set to start and finish a counter.
        You're probably one of those who actually believe one can play "open football" against athletically, technically, and tactically superior teams, and get a result because, somehow we will connect passes and win most 50/50 balls.
        It doesn't work that way. Anyone who has ever played football at a decent level (even competitive recreational) has run into this situation, many times. One HAS to bunker and play disciplined or the team loses midfield completely and is under siege and "bunkering" regardless, except without a set strategy on how to do so from the outset.
        Do you understand? Or should I draw stick figures for you and write in crayon, in order to appeal to your level of intelligence?

Comment

Guys please lets not get personal and abusive. Its a football dicussion board and there will be differing opinions, i know its WC time and passions are running high but lets try to stay civil and make our points please. Thank you.

IMHO i think, yes, every team can try to be defensive minded and park the bus but not all teams can make it an art form infront of superior team all the time. To do it consistantly and go through a lot of games and not even conceed a goal is a differnet ball game. That requires a skilled operator to implement the strategy and make it part of the dna of the team. That also requires a supremely fit team. So a lot of teams can try but lots of them are not going to be good at it consistently.

Comment

Omids, thanks for backing me up.
            I should not be so vitriolic, true. However, this "tooleh" character is just insane with his simple-minded rhetoric that defies logic, especially for anyone who has played the game at a decent level. There are others on this board who are similar (especially in saying: "hey, we should play open and free and blah blah"). However, this guy is one of the worst.
            Somethings I want to ask those who support TM playing some kind of "tika-taka" against our opponents:
            1) Tell us, with supporting specific evidence why you believe we can compete with any of the three teams in our group by playing such a style? Do we have the athleticism, and tactical behaviors to do so? I think too many of us underestimate Wales; they looked over-matched against some European opponents, but we are hardly on-the-level with most of the opposition they faced to get to the WC.
            2) A simpler question: what 1v1 battles can we win on the field vs England and USA? Especially against England, please tell me a single positional battle that will inevitably materialize on the pitch at times, we will win more often than not?

Comment

Omids, thanks for backing me up.
              I should not be so vitriolic, true. However, this "tooleh" character is just insane with his simple-minded rhetoric that defies logic, especially for anyone who has played the game at a decent level. There are others on this board who are similar (especially in saying: "hey, we should play open and free and blah blah"). However, this guy is one of the worst.
              Somethings I want to ask those who support TM playing some kind of "tika-taka" against our opponents:
              1) Tell us, with supporting specific evidence why you believe we can compete with any of the three teams in our group by playing such a style? Do we have the athleticism, and tactical behaviors to do so? I think too many of us underestimate Wales; they looked over-matched against some European opponents, but we are hardly on-the-level with most of the opposition they faced to get to the WC.
              2) A simpler question: what 1v1 battles can we win on the field vs England and USA? Especially against England, please tell me a single positional battle that will inevitably materialize on the pitch at times, we will win more often than not?
              1) Simple minded is your understanding and logic and it is peppered all over your reply and the previous reply. 2) So in your simple minded logic there is play all open and free and there is park the bus. There is no between. 3) Yes we have athleticism, and yes we have tactics. That is actually what is especial about our football, but I would not expect an oaf to see and understand this. 3) What supportive evidence makes 'us' TM fans think we can compete? Our historical record! You simple minded oaf. Other examples we beat an Ireland that had not lost in Europe for 3 years and had piped Portugal and Holland in a very difficult group. Such simple minded oafness to think oh we can't compete with the Europeans. An oaf would certainly not see the potential Iran has. 4) For your oafi information tiki taka is a tactic and not because the players are that much better than opposition. It is very simple minded indeed to think the way you think.

Lastly everything you say is contradictory. If we are so terrible and so far from competing with these teams (Morocco LOL) then it proves that any team can park the bus and get results against better teams more so if your "result" is a loss by a small margin (LOL). I wonder what our players think about your post. As always I repeat: For CQ to be anything special TM has to suck. As one other oaf said we are this helpless, hapless, team that gets rescued by an old wise, strong man. (then deleted it). I am a busy person please do not waste my time with your lack of comprehension and logic.

p.s. I do not like to talk like this to members but since you understand that vocabulary as you used it time and time again, I just wanted to communicate with you.

Comment

soooooooooooooooooo 12,5 days to election, 14 days until skocic to get fired, 15-17 days until CQ is presented

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Extra info: Maybe CQ wife not happy about this but apparently according to this site: CQ means: Come Quickly

This acronym/slang usually belongs to Internet Slang, SMS, Texting & Chat category. Particularly in Chat Abbreviations Read more at http://acronymsandslang.com/definiti...Q-meaning.html

Guess it really fits the current situation, CQ Come Quickly

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                    Extra info: Maybe CQ wife not happy about this but apparently according to this site: CQ means: Come Quickly

This acronym/slang usually belongs to Internet Slang, SMS, Texting & Chat category. Particularly in Chat Abbreviations Read more at http://acronymsandslang.com/definiti...Q-meaning.html

Guess it really fits the current situation, CQ Come Quickly

I can imagine why she would be unhappy
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                      1) Simple minded is your understanding and logic and it is peppered all over your reply and the previous reply. 2) So in your simple minded logic there is play all open and free and there is park the bus. There is no between. 3) Yes we have athleticism, and yes we have tactics. That is actually what is especial about our football, but I would not expect an oaf to see and understand this. 3) What supportive evidence makes 'us' TM fans think we can compete? Our historical record! You simple minded oaf. Other examples we beat an Ireland that had not lost in Europe for 3 years and had piped Portugal and Holland in a very difficult group. Such simple minded oafness to think oh we can't compete with the Europeans. An oaf would certainly not see the potential Iran has. 4) For your oafi information tiki taka is a tactic and not because the players are that much better than opposition. It is very simple minded indeed to think the way you think.
                      Lastly everything you say is contradictory. If we are so terrible and so far from competing with these teams (Morocco LOL) then it proves that any team can park the bus and get results against better teams more so if your "result" is a loss by a small margin (LOL). I wonder what our players think about your post. As always I repeat: For CQ to be anything special TM has to suck. As one other oaf said we are this helpless, hapless, team that gets rescued by an old wise, strong man. (then deleted it). I am a busy person please do not waste my time with your lack of comprehension and logic.
                      p.s. I do not like to talk like this to members but since you understand that vocabulary as you used it time and time again, I just wanted to communicate with you.
                      -When did I say there is no in-between? Once again, you prove you are a simple-minded fool.
                      - When did I say we don't have athleticism and tactics? Then again, athleticism is relative, and so is technical ability (which is different to tactics). You are a fool, with poor reading comprehension.
                      -Historical record has little bearing on the current squad and field for the WC. Furthermore, bringing Ireland(?!) into this discussion is ridiculous. Then again, so is your ability to follow and/or form a cohesive stance.
                      - No kidding Tiki Taka is a part of a tactical system. When did I indicate otherwise?
                      - Who the hell is talking about Morocco in this? Did I bring them up? That game was a throw-away by Skocic, as I can't imagine he would use that particular lineup in the WC. (Don't make a mistake here: I am not a fan of Skocic) And what does the Morocco game have to do with any team having the ability to "park the bus"? Huh?
                      Honestly, you have to be one of the dumbest I have seen on this forum. You misconstrue practically everything, and you have little depth-of-knowledge concerning the sport. You leap to conclusions using illogical, seemingly disconnected and nonsensical "points".
                      Either you are a troll, or there is A LOT of lead in the soil, wherever you grew up.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        soooooooooooooooooo 12,5 days to election, 14 days until skocic to get fired, 15-17 days until CQ is presented

If it happens, he will have so little prep time with the team, and perhaps zero friendlies while he is coach. Such a bad situation.

Comment

If it happens, he will have so little prep time with the team, and perhaps zero friendlies while he is coach. Such a bad situation.
                          Not much different than the current situation with skocic tbh

Comment

CQ knows our team like the back of his hand. Still knows it better than skocic.

Even without much time, he'll still know how to get the most out of our team and most importantly : he knows how we realistically have to play at the world cup: defensively with counter attacks.

This idea that some fans have that we should play open attacking football against the likes of England, Wales and US.... Is just wrong and lacks basic fundamental footballing knowledge.

Even hiring Carlos Q 1 week before the world cup is better than skocic.

Comment

A lot of coaches have come and go, but I've yet to see one that has tried to play open attacking football.

Comment

Working...
                              X