This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
    I don't know... not to stick on this too much or overanalyze, but the way he falls does not look natural at all
    natural enough to win the most PKs of any player in any european league since he moved from qatar... And we have seen it reproduced in continental comps too (Juve, Lazio, Lyon). There is a trend and it points to a master at work.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      natural enough to win the most PKs of any player in any european league since he moved from qatar... And we have seen it reproduced in continental comps too (Juve, Lazio, Lyon). There is a trend and it points to a master at work.
      Absolutely, no disputing his top class ability to win penalties & free kicks. Even for team melli too (Iran UAE game)

Comment

mehdi was good on 1st half, but in 2nd half when coach starts panicking and changing players and systems every 10min then even mehdi gets lost and they lose every pieace of tactic they have

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
          mehdi was good on 1st half, but in 2nd half when coach starts panicking and changing players and systems every 10min then even mehdi gets lost and they lose every pieace of tactic they have
          didnt see the 2nd half but you are right about SC often losing his shit way too easily on the sidelines especially when things arent going according to his initial tactical plans and then proceed to go overboard with too many/frequent, sometimes plain irrational personnel changes... thus further exacerbate his team's situation on the pitch....!
          such predictable antics may work in the relatively tokhmy league his team plays @ but a doing so vs a formidable opponent will likely backfire terribly ..!! thinking of the big loss vs LP in UCL.. or even losing narrowly Man City a while back when his team look plenty good to get something from that match..!!

generally speaking his tactical (all-out-attacking/high pressing backNforth mad-rushing) approach can be a bit too 1 dimensional, though pleasing to the eye, especially when powering over mostly minnow league opponent..!
          he looks to be a real mean SOB to play for (you can tell he gets the absolute most outa his players especially so physically speaking..!) but at the same time he's been occasionally overdoing it too with his overdramatic sideline antics and as you said emptying his whole bench all at once or in too quick of a succession, making it real difficult to put outa unified performance ..!

Comment

Saturday is a big match (aka Classico) in Dragão vs Sporting.

Three names on the medical bulletin: Manafá (treatment, gym work), Grujic (treatment), and Matheus Uribe (treatment).

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
              Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              didnt see the 2nd half but you are right about SC often losing his shit way too easily on the sidelines especially when things arent going according to his initial tactical plans and then proceed to go overboard with too many/frequent, sometimes plain irrational personnel changes... thus further exacerbate his team's situation on the pitch....!
              such predictable antics may work in the relatively tokhmy league his team plays @ but a doing so vs a formidable opponent will likely backfire terribly ..!! thinking of the big loss vs LP in UCL.. or even losing narrowly Man City a while back when his team look plenty good to get something from that match..!!
              generally speaking his tactical (all-out-attacking/high pressing backNforth mad-rushing) approach can be a bit too 1 dimensional, though pleasing to the eye, especially when powering over mostly minnow league opponent..!
              he looks to be a real mean SOB to play for (you can tell he gets the absolute most outa his players especially so physically speaking..!) but at the same time he's been occasionally overdoing it too with his overdramatic sideline antics and as you said emptying his whole bench all at once or in too quick of a succession, making it real difficult to put outa unified performance ..!
              idk, in this game i thought the double sub of gruic and evanilson was great, as they both were crap,
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I went to the game at Vizela and can safely say this Porto team are useless. Won't be doing anything of consequence in Europe.

Comment

Iran's national team star's humanitarian action in Portugal (photos)

Iran's national team's football-star news outlet took a humanitarian action in Portugal.
                  Porto fan Nelson Ferreira, who has a son with a disability, had asked Porto striker Mehdi Taremi to help him fund his son's treatment, football reported.

Posting a picture of herself with her child at Porto's Dragao Stadium last week, Ferreira wrote: "Can you auction your signed shirt to help pay for the medical expenses of my son Felipe Ferreira, who is a special boy and does not see, talks or walks?

The star of our national team fulfilled the dream of this two-fire fan and the father of the disabled boy and auctioned his signed shirt.
                  In his latest tweet, thanking Taromi, the fan wrote: "I want to thank you all, for helping this humble man with a great heart that Mehdi Taremi has. I want to ask all of you to thank my friend Taremi for donating his shirt for the auction so that the money for this auction will be spent on treating my son Philp.

https://footballi.net/news/r/743203/...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                    idk, in this game i thought the double sub of gruic and evanilson was great, as they both were crap,
                    personally only woulda swapped Octavio for that new guy Namasso? who just seemed lost in their scheme of play@ half-time and given it some time till they finally broke through with a winning goal which looked to be coming be it too slowly due to kiri weather and well organized and resilient opponent..!

Porto have lost an immense amount of game ready top talents in this year alone .... it'll take some time for SC to whip their Clearly inferior replacements into shape and accustomed to playing his brand of (high energy/fitness taxing) football..! i think they'll struggle to dictate the tempo of the game for a bit longer till the new players get their shitt together....!!
                    their success in UCL will be heavily dependent this season on porto's luck of draw ..!! they have that all important Winning Mentality and Culture in their club and especially so in their coach's character, that alone would carry them through groups stage so long its vs somewhat more talented bigg-league UCL opponents but highly doubtful they can make a deeper run past group stage when more likely to face vastly superior talent laden super clubs..!!

Comment

Comment

with 3 days left until Classico, Uribe is off the medical bulletin and trained today. Manafá & Grujic remain on the bulletin and did treatments & gym work.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            personally only woulda swapped Octavio for that new guy Namasso? who just seemed lost in their scheme of play@ half-time and given it some time till they finally broke through with a winning goal which looked to be coming be it too slowly due to kiri weather and well organized and resilient opponent..!

Porto have lost an immense amount of game ready top talents in this year alone .... it'll take some time for SC to whip their Clearly inferior replacements into shape and accustomed to playing his brand of (high energy/fitness taxing) football..! i think they'll struggle to dictate the tempo of the game for a bit longer till the new players get their shitt together....!!
                            their success in UCL will be heavily dependent this season on porto's luck of draw ..!! they have that all important Winning Mentality and Culture in their club and especially so in their coach's character, that alone would carry them through groups stage so long its vs somewhat more talented bigg-league UCL opponents but highly doubtful they can make a deeper run past group stage when more likely to face vastly superior talent laden super clubs..!!
                            His name is Danny Loader, but I think Namasso is his middle name. English forward that they got from Reading a couple of seasons back and impressed in their B team.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                              Iran's national team star's humanitarian action in Portugal (photos)

Iran's national team's football-star news outlet took a humanitarian action in Portugal.
                              Porto fan Nelson Ferreira, who has a son with a disability, had asked Porto striker Mehdi Taremi to help him fund his son's treatment, football reported.

Posting a picture of herself with her child at Porto's Dragao Stadium last week, Ferreira wrote: "Can you auction your signed shirt to help pay for the medical expenses of my son Felipe Ferreira, who is a special boy and does not see, talks or walks?

The star of our national team fulfilled the dream of this two-fire fan and the father of the disabled boy and auctioned his signed shirt.
                              In his latest tweet, thanking Taromi, the fan wrote: "I want to thank you all, for helping this humble man with a great heart that Mehdi Taremi has. I want to ask all of you to thank my friend Taremi for donating his shirt for the auction so that the money for this auction will be spent on treating my son Philp.

https://footballi.net/news/r/743203/...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3
                              Honestly, i think this is brilliant and shows the kind of man that he is. I think he gets a lot of unfair criticism. He doesn’t have to do things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                Honestly, i think this is brilliant and shows the kind of man that he is. I think he gets a lot of unfair criticism. He doesn’t have to do things like this.
                                I think the criticism he gets (whether from Liga Nos teams who are jealous of his PK winning ways, or Iranians who are so pro-Skocic they are willing to give up a diamond player for a bottom shelf coach) is quite limited. He has WAY more fans than critics.

Just keep doing what you're doing Mehdi, your star continues to shine for all the fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X