This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGC View Post
    Guys like ARJ are the future and only hope for our football. An isolated country have terrible problems with knowledge transfer.
    The contribution of these guys returning to work with football in Iran after their active playing carreers is immense.
    They are modernizers.
    With his links in football, communication and diplomacy skills I can really see him getting into management. He is already helping get a young player a trial at a club.

Comment

He’s always been a high IQ, hard-working, and technically sound player. Brighton destroyed his mojo right when he was peaking. I feel like he’s gonna peak again.

Another comparison: Karimi played well in Bayern before he got injured, but even so, he would say how Magath would clamp down on his dribbling on the ball. Not before long, he became run of the mill player in Bundesliga. It wasn’t until he came to Iran he showed more willingness to take on defenders, and showcase his Karimi magic of old.

That’s why I’m a big believer that iranian players should generally shoot for La Liga, Portuguese league, etc, to have more freedom to EXPRESS themselves.

Comment

Comment

Slot: 'Very nice to have two different types for that position'

Alireza Jahanbakhsh has shown to be good enough for a base place at Feyenoord, Arne Slot believes. The trainer let the right winger start against Sparta Rotterdam (3-0 win) for the first time this season on Sunday. The question is whether Jahanbakhsh will also be preferred over Patrik Wålemark against Sturm Graz on Thursday.

"Alireza is one of the many players who shows that he can also just start," Slot said at the press conference in Rotterdam on Wednesday afternoon. 'He didn't start that on Sunday, he had been working on that for a while.' Slot called it "greatly nice" to have players who are considered good enough for a starting spot. 'If we are once dependent on our substitutes, or if other guys have to start, they can also bring what we want.'

“They can play the way we want, combined with hard work. Alireza also demonstrated this on Sunday, but before that in a substitute. Just as Wålemark showed it before as a basic player', said Slot, who left Wålemark on the bench against Sparta after three consecutive basic places. He said the Swede has taken a big step "in intensity" since his arrival in January. Then followed a 'but'. 'I do think that that intensity is more on the ball than without the ball.'

"I think he should and can bring a lot more in the game without the ball in support of his right back, or forward," Slot added. "Against Lazio, for example, we put too little pressure at the front and we were too defensive. In any case, Patrik has made the step that he is now competitive with other players. He is a different type from Alireza, they differ in favorite leg and playing style. It is very nice for a coach to have two different types for that position.'

left back
          Not only the right wing position, but also the left back position has been disputed at Feyenoord. Slot said he had 'no clear ranking' in his head. Marcos López played ninety minutes against Sparta; Quilindschy Hartman gained confidence against Lazio. “I thought they were very close together. I also don't think it's justified to judge one against Lazio and the other against Sparta. That would not be right in my opinion.' Slot also has Fredrik Bjørkan, who did not impress in his debut match against Go Ahead Eagles (3-4 victory).

"That's a player who hadn't played for a long time. The quickest way to get him used to it is to give him a match too', said Slot. 'I sat with him yesterday. He trained well, but that's different from playing a good game. I also experienced that with Oussama Idrissi in the beginning. He is now much fitter and was part of López's good game last Sunday. Players, even when you see them training well, need match toughness to be ready to play. But the only way to find out is to draft them every now and then.'

Source: Vi.nl
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Suspected Feyenoord line-up: Jahanbakhsh starts again

Alireza Jahanbakhsh will probably start in the base at Feyenoord. Trainer Arne Slot said at the press conference in the run-up to Thursday evening's game against Sturm Graz that he was satisfied with Jahanbakhsh's current development. The winger has been making an excellent impression on the Rotterdam team since the preparation.

Patrik Wålemark therefore once again has to settle for a place on the bench. In the eyes of Slot, the Swede is not yet fit enough to play ninety minutes three times a week. The trainer expects more from the Swede. "I think he certainly should and can bring a lot more in the game off the ball in support of his right-back, or forward."

It is also the question which left back Slot will choose against Sturm Graz. Marcos López, Quilindschy Hartman and Fredrik Bjørkan have to compete with each other in the coming weeks. Bjørkan didn't make a good impression recently, but is now recovering. "I sat with him yesterday. He trained well, but that's different from playing a good game. Players need match hardness, even if you see them training well."

Javairô Dilrosun started at ten against Sparta Rotterdam and that went well. Partly due to the absence of Sebastian Szymański, the left leg can start again behind the striker. According to Slot, Oussama Idrissi is training well and the expectations are that the winger can start tomorrow evening in De Kuip from kick-off. Igor Paixão seems to have to make up for it with a substitute. Feyenoord - Sturm Graz kicks off Thursday evening at 6:45 PM and can be seen live on Veronica and ESPN 2.

Probable line-up Feyenoord
            Bijlow; Pedersen, Trauner, Hancko, Hartman; Kokcu, Timber, Dilrosun; Jahanbakhsh, Danilo, Idrissi.

Source: FR12

Comment

Probable line-up: Never Change a winning team

Arne Slot has an almost fit selection in the run-up to the squatter against PSV. Yesterday evening after the won game, the trainer did not reveal many changes to the starting eleven. Slot even quoted the statement 'Never Change a winning team'.

The expectations are therefore that Feyenoord will start with the same eleven as against Sparta Rotterdam and SK Sturm Graz. Alireza Jahanbakhsh makes a good impression and there is no reason to change the attacker. The Rotterdammers only miss Lutsharel Geertruida in the selection. Sebastian Szymański has recovered from a hamstring injury. The Pool is also back in the match selection.

Slot was asked yesterday whether it is difficult to choose between Danilo and Gimenez. “It is a very nice thought that we have two strikers who can translate the team play into goals. It is far fetched to attribute Danilo's goal to him, that is really a team goal. It's nice that we have two strikers who can score a goal, and also that they are both getting fitter."

"I don't know if it will be difficult to choose. It's especially nice that you have two players who can score. You look at the fitness of players, what they show during the week and sometimes also at the opponent. Santiago and Danilo are also slightly different from each other. I think Santiago is better at taking balls from behind, while Danilo is better at sinking into midfield so far. But Santi also has those qualities.”

Probable line-up PSV
              Benitez; Mwene, Teze, Obispo, Max; Sangare, Simons, Veerman; Saibari, El Ghazi, Gakpo.

Probable line-up Feyenoord
              Bijlow; Pedersen, Trauner, Hancko, Lopez; Timber, Dilrosun, Kokcu; Jahanbakhsh, Danilo, Idrissi.

Comment

Comment

Will Jahanbakhsh experience his breakthrough in De Kuip in the second season with Feyenoord?

image de m

Ali! Reza! Alireza Jahanbaksh! Alireza, Alireza, Alireza Jahanbakhsh! The Legion blares the name of Jahanbakhsh through De Kuip. Even after he is substituted, the singing continues. After a disappointing first season, the winger still manages to win the hearts of Feyenoord supporters, it seems. How a superstar from Iran took a long lead time to succeed in Rotterdam.

In the summer of 2021, he is the major purchase of the new Feyenoord led by Arne Slot. He had worked with him before during his time at AZ, where he was then an assistant. Frank Arnesen has to negotiate a lot because it was not easy to free the Iranian international from Brighton & Hove Albion.
                  Steven Berghuis left for Ajax shortly before and Feyenoord is looking for someone who can match his goal production. Jahanbakhsh did that in the past and became top scorer in the Netherlands at AZ. Coupled with a defensive discipline, something its predecessor wasn't exactly known for. In short: this could be an excellent reinforcement for Feyenoord.

High expectations
                  The expectations around Jahanbakhsh are high. Higher than initially the case with Guus Til and Cyriel Dessers. And the new unknown players Trauner, Pedersen and Aursnes have yet to show themselves. Jahanbakhsh is Feyenoord's summer asset.

In his own country he is the big man of the national team. A star, who can't walk normally there. In Rotterdam and the Netherlands, the approach is a lot more sober, although a lot is expected from this new Feyenoord player.
                  But where Til immediately starts with a hat-trick, Dessers impresses with his goals as a substitute and Trauner quickly proves to be a fixed value, Jahanbakhsh struggles with his fitness. Just when he makes two against FC Luzern, he is injured. And also at other times, such as against Heerenveen. His goal, which he is so looking for, is disallowed.
                  Jahanbakhsh is going to force it. He wants so badly to touch the level that he has shown before in the premier league. But his actions result in loss of the ball, instead of the required return. Alireza suffers more ball loss than the average attacker at Feyenoord, but on the other hand, he also conquers a striking number of balls for an attacker.
                  If he does deliver a ready-made assist, it is not cashed in by a fellow player. It's all just not. The low point is the home game against Vitesse in January, with a negative record of 31 loss of possession.

There is then a short revival in the phase with duels with NEC, Sparta, RKC and Cambuur. He scored a penalty, gave four assists and scored three goals in four games. He scores in a characteristic way against Cambuur. Coming in and chasing the ball hard into the intersection.
                  The fact that Jahanbakhsh is his starting place just after that revival must be a big mental fire for him. He gets the chance from Arne Slot for a long time, but just after the duel with Cambuur it is Reiss Nelson who gets more and more playing time. There is no longer a structural base place for the Iranian after that.
                  In the second half of the season and also in the final final in Tirana, he has to make do with substitutions. His stats in those last months of the season are dramatic. He no longer loses the ball and scores in that period, so that the counter in the first season at Feyenoord stalls at 4 league goals and 4 European hits.

New season, new opportunities
                  In preparation for the new season, Alireza gets his chances again. Also because Feyenoord is still far from complete. But in a failed Feyenoord he again tries to find the right form somewhat forced. Patrik Walemark and the newcomer Javairo Dilrosun are seizing their chances more and so another season awaits on the bench, it seems.

https://youtu.be/e67c9GUyX-0

Jahanbakhsh is self-critical. He knows that in the first season he did not bring what he has in terms of potential. “If I'm very honest… I expected a lot more from myself. There were many good matches but the return really should have been better. Now I want to have a better season. With a better return, above all.”
                  A potential departure is on the agenda this summer. With a good offer Feyenoord might have been open to it, but that is not forthcoming. And so Jahanbakhsh still plays for Feyenoord after the transfer market has closed. He says himself that a quick departure after one season has never been an option for him. “I never thought about leaving. There was only one choice for me and that is Feyenoord. People expect me to perform and I still have business to do here.”

And that's a good thing, because it is precisely around those days that he has an enormous eagerness in his turns. Against FC Emmen he comes on the field in the final phase and with one of his first ball contacts he is immediately good for an assist with Gimenez's goal. That is also the case against Go Ahead Eagles, with the beautiful goal by Szymanski.

Base place after echec in Rome
                  Whether he is forcing a starting spot, we ask him after those duels and his raid in Rome? “We now play every three days, a very compact schedule. That's why we really need all the players. And then it's important to be there when the trainer needs you. It is a strength that our substitutes can also make a difference. I want to be able to be important in both roles, but of course I always want to start.”
                  If Jahanbakhsh also stands up in Rome after his good raids against Emmen and Go Ahead, where Feyenoord collectively fail in the first half against Lazio, he seems to seize his chance. He brings calm to the game and is menacing. Feyenoord has already been more dangerous in the first minutes after the break than the entire first half.

Jahanbakhsh forces Arne Slot into a starting spot against Sparta. And so against Sturm Graz. “What I particularly like about Ali is that he is currently more relaxed in his game,” says Slot. “That he doesn't constantly feel like he has to prove himself in every action. He keeps much more possession than he did last year. He combines this with an enormous work ethic. But he already had that last season.”
                  Against the Austrians it is soon hit. After nine minutes and the sophisticated variant of Orkun Kökcü, Jahanbakhsh surprisingly opts for the short corner. It is his first Feyenoord goal in seven months and provides an unprecedented release.

Second season often better at Alireza
                  We should have known that in advance, because the first season at his previous clubs was also a lot less than in later years. At his debut club Damash Gilan, he starts with two goals in his first season, followed by nine in the year of his breakthrough. The same happens at NEC, from 6 to 13 goals, although that second season is in the first division.
                  At AZ, the build-up is even more extreme. In his first year, he played 29 matches in the Eredivisie and scored three times. After that, that counter increases to 12 and even 22 goals. As top scorer in the Netherlands, he leaves the Eredivisie for Brighton. As is known, his adventure in the Premier League is not a success.
                  Feyenoord also picked up steam against Sturm Graz after the early goal by Jahanbakhsh and a few minutes before half time Alireza came into scoring position again. With a bit of luck, the touched ball will go in. There is even more discharge than with the 1-0.

And that was especially true after he made it 5-0 in the second half. He would like to make his first hat-trick for Feyenoord. But the Italian VAR puts a stop to it and sends the French referee Brisard to the screen. Idrissi had committed a foul and so the goal does not go through. Jahanbakhsh stands next to the referee, who is relentless.
                  After the game, Arne Slot especially praises the team performance and does not want to single out one player. Not even the strong playing Jahanbakhsh. He partly owes his starting position to his substitutions, but the fact that many wingers are not yet fit also plays a role. “Walemark had a cramp against Lazio. I am very happy that he can play a game at our intensity one game a week. He really took that step after six months. But you may wonder if he can do that two or three times a week. Then the possibilities may seem very wide on paper, but they are smaller than the outside world might think.”
                  Not long after his disallowed goal, Alireza goes to De Kuip to thunderous applause. Where in his first season that sometimes happened quietly or with a grumble, he is now passionately sung to from the stands. He seems to be over the dead end, just like his other clubs before.

Source: local tv/internet channel Rijnmond

Comment

Big match tomorrow against PSV. ARJ should get another start given his MOTM performance at the last outing.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Big match tomorrow against PSV. ARJ should get another start given his MOTM performance at the last outing.
                      Match is today, 14:30 Dutch time

I'm pretty sure ARJ wil start. He has taken his chance with the last 3 games in a dramatic (positive) way. PSV should become the icing on the cake.
                      With a good performance today, he will not lose his spot until the november WC, mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                        Match is today, 14:30 Dutch time

I'm pretty sure ARJ wil start. He has taken his chance with the last 3 games in a dramatic (positive) way. PSV should become the icing on the cake.
                        With a good performance today, he will not lose his spot until the november WC, mark my words.
                        Match is still tomorrow in my time zone

Comment

Starting against PSV

Comment

Is there any stream?

Comment

Assist Alireza

Comment

Originally posted by Arman2 View Post
                                Is there any stream?
                                If in UK, you can watch it on MOLA.tv

Comment