Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, not exactly related but Graham Potter was just promoted to Chelsea manager. Let's see how long he lasts.

Comment

Played 90 min today vs Rotterdam in 3-0 win [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought he was average. Had some turnovers, and failed to capitalize on a few chances. But was pretty lively and involved, and was aggressive with his chances (rather than passing to teammates).

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          Thought he was average. Had some turnovers, and failed to capitalize on a few chances. But was pretty lively and involved, and was aggressive with his chances (rather than passing to teammates).
          Scored pretty well on the scoring sites?
          Fans seem happy...? 5 players were subbed off and he wasn't one of them - big vote of support from coach (I know that there is european/local rotation but usually he would be off)

Fans are happy with his performance, wish he would have got a goal or assist though

https://twitter.com/Romano1908/statu...53196835848193

https://twitter.com/descherpte/statu...45079683379200

Predicting him to play against PSV next weekend:

https://twitter.com/unforgivenrbn/st...53430206824448

Comment

Thanks, doctor jan! Glad to see that (maybe I am being harsh). I watched the match pretending I was "The" (PFDC member).

Comment

He had a decent match.
              A lot of positive contributions offensively and defensively.
              Could have done a bit better with two of the opportunities he had, but overall was a threat, and mostly accurate with his passes.

If this was good enough to earn him a spot in EL this Thursday, who knows.

Comment

I thought he did well. Nothing spectacular but no glaring issues and linked up well with teammates.

Getting a full 90 is huge for his confidence and match fitness. He was winded before the half and obviously near the end of the match.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Watched the match. He was involved a lot and had some nice shots and passes. He was his classic right winger of old

Comment

He is not good in tight spaces. Actually really bad for a winger.

But overall the type of game you expect him to have the quality to give some good passes in, get involved around the box. Had a couple dangerous crosses and shots, overall linked well with mids and CF.

Probably walemark comes back in for EL...Unless dilrosun stays in midfield and ARJ and Walemark play wide (Idrissi was worse than ARJ today for sure)

Comment

Btw. Thank God PFDC is back. I checked 20 times. And it's not the same watching our legionnaires without these game threads.

Comment

Was checking some feedback on the game from Feyenoord fans and he was getting some good reviews from them.

Comment

Comment

Feyenoord are now second in eredivisie behind Ajax

Comment

Eventhough some say he made a bad choice going to Feyenoord, I think he might have made the best choice of his life working with Slot. I'm pretty sure any other coach would have given up on him 6 months ago.

Like I said previously, he is making baby steps and at least looks like an actual football player now on the ball. It's really important for him to get his confidence back!

Comment

first of all, glad we're back on the air here at PFDC!

Even the ESPN (Netherlands) commentator said he saw the old ARJ from AZ again; A player with guts, dares to ask for the ball and occasionally shoot. Things we didn't see with him last season. He mostly hid last season.

I really think that many underestimate the period at Brighton.
                                ARJ is already an emotional person. At his previous club, he didn't even get a real chance after some good performances. That breaks a person, certainly an emotional person.

Then came Feyenoord. Still a top club by Dutch standards, with perhaps the largest supporters core.
                                Many players have failed in front of their own audience in the Kuip stadium.

ARJ was presented by Feyenoord as an absolute top transfer! A player who could also have signed with PSV and Ajax.
                                Expectations were high; at the club, fellow players, supporters and last but not least, his trainer Slot who had seen ARJ shine at AZ.

ARJ also had a first season at every European club (NEC, AZ) before Brighton in which he had to "settle in" in the new environment.
                                At Feyenoord, a lack of confidence, match rhythm in combination with high expectations came on top of this.

It brought ARJ down in a vicious circle; Many looked surprised more than once at the strange footballing actions ARJ pulled out last season. This was indicative of his urge to live up to the high expectations, while his confidence in his own abilities was too low. And he also just missed match rhythm.

Slot has protected ARJ from himself and put him on the bench. This now seems to be slowly paying off.

Like I said; an important period is coming for club and ARJ. 2 games down now and 2 more to go.

ARJ has played 135 of the 180 minutes in those 2 games and also creditable.

GO ARJ!
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X