Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully this gives JB some confidence heading into the season.

Comment

This was the best I have seen from ARJ. If he is consistent like this, which I don't see why not, He will have a great season. And a great WC
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Hope he keeps getting mins. One thing for sure is with his confidence problems the only potential remedy is minutes on the pitch.

Anyways it has been a pretty solid preseason, start of season for most of our legionairres.

Comment

Where was Kukcu, their Turkish midfielder??? Is he injured?

What a layee by ARJ!!! Great game by him. His first three or four passes where all bad, but he stayed calm and recovered throughout the game. Hopefully, he is in a better place emotionally and can play more consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            God damn it, the one time he is playing well I'm missing it because of the Euros.

Hopefully the replay is available somewhere
            It’s clear you shouldn’t watch games where JB plays.

Comment

Ali comes on at around 1:12:00 to start second half.

Really positive game by him. His passing was sharp and was regularly looking to make those progressive passes that are one of his strongest points.

Multiple good switches of play and way less turnovers in tight areas.

Some key moments:

Great contribution at 1:32:37 to set up their CF danilo after lovely run and combo play. The guy missed the target and probably should have given one more return ball to ARJ for an empty net finish.

At 1:33:54 a classic play of his. Checks into pocket, recieves ball, turns and plays excellent through ball for the CF who again misses target on good opportunity.

Great defensive contribution at 1:35:10, blocks shot of winger who cut into dangerous area.

Give and go followed by good cross at 1:39:58.

Good interception and pass at 1:45:06. Again new CF misses target.

Smart Layee and drawing foul at 1:46:43

More good linkup play from central position this time at 1:50:04. Another quick incisive pass that results in FK for Feyenoord in dangerous area.

Lovely pre assist at 1:54:14. Whips the ball into the CF who finally makes the right play with the cutback.

1:59:17 another example of his sharpness and improved decision making in tight spaces compared to previous matches.

I know they have signed some new wingers (Dilrosun and Idrissi replacing the departed Sinisterra and Linssen) but honestly those guys are not very good players and had similar failings in big leagues like ARJ. I do not forsee situation where he gets no chances this season as they are unlikely to be super excellent either. So he will have opportunities. If he plays like today, he will keep his spot more often than not, if he plays like earlier preseason games, he will find himself on the bench a lot.

There is a useful player in there somewhere. His technique and game IQ is still high, ability to make really smart progressive passes and change his position to help the team and create space for others(he played RW, CAM, and LW in his 45 mins today). Lack of speed is an issue but it can be offset in a league like eridivisie if he can just show more confidence in his decision making (moving ball on quicker and sharper in deep areas, preventing dumb confidence killing turnovers, and instead of looking to force shots continue playing those combo plays and progressive passes that he is known for.) The games I have seen of his that suck he second guesses himself 63838 times in very basic situations (i.e simple backpass, quick 1-2, easy pass to CM and then gets himself into trouble).

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                It’s clear you shouldn’t watch games where JB plays.
                Even if it means destroying his career, absolutely not.

Comment

can we at least settle on not watching it live..?? peeleeze? 🙏

Comment

What a nicely executed, and efficient layee by ARJ during that run of play. What an obnoxious foul on him afterwards. What a tool.

Comment

Slot explains why Feyenoord wants another winger
                      today, 07:05

Feyenoord is still not ready after a good week on the transfer market. As is known, the Rotterdammers want to add two new left backs to the selection. Feyenoord is also looking for an extra winger. Arne Slot tells in conversation with ESPN why an extra attacker in the selection is important.

"Wingers are usually the positions where you switch players most often," Slot begins. ''If someone is injured, which sometimes happens, it's very good to have a lot of wingers. Especially if they can also handle other positions. Offsiders also have to create a lot and that's something you can't expect from them every week. Then it is very nice if you as a coach have substitution options."

The fact that Feyenoord is still going on the transfer market for an attacker has nothing to do with Alireza Jahanbakhsh. The winger has had a difficult season in De Kuip. According to Slot, Jahanbakhsh does not have to leave Feyenoord and there is currently nothing concrete. “But if a player is not happy, then you have a different discussion. I thought Alireza came in very well, was aggressive, so he sent the right message."

Can we expect purchases this week?
                      Slot cannot say whether Feyenoord will present new players for Vitesse. “I have often thought that players would be there before. The left back position is where we have been most active. The fact is that the players who have come now have also been waiting a little longer than we would like. To give a simple example: we had been working with Timber since the start of preparation. That indicates that transfers sometimes take a little longer."

''We have actually been working on the left back position since that period and then you are sometimes dependent on another club. In general, you want players who have already played matches, especially for us at this stage: not attracting another player who needs six weeks. Then it is more difficult to attract a player. In short, you depend on several things. I would have expected that the left-back would have been there earlier, so I find it very difficult to say that he will be there tomorrow."

Source: Feyenoord fansite FR12
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I’ll get you and Navid a chelokabab for every year you don’t watch TM and JB games. Think of the greater good.

Comment

Ali most probably will start the next match as Dilrosun is injured and Idrissi not fit. Their new signing also doesn't have a work permit yet. So good chance he'll be starting.

Who knows maybe just some dumb luck will Kickstart his career again.

Comment

Perfect and golden opportunity for Alireza to take his chance. I have a feeling he will score or assist against Vitesse

Comment

from the bit of preseason action i've seen so far, it looks more like ARJ would likely be a somewhat starter ...? especially if he plays with similar intensity and vigor of his last feature .... which almost seemed bit too intense to me for supposed friendly..!!? i think he knew that spotlight is bit on him now and felt needed to prove his leadership skills by setting an example out there ..!

all in all thought Fey look a weaker team than last season ... especially on the attacking front .... the departure of Sini seems to have been a rather big blow to their attacking and goal-getting formidability in general.... the Kachal fker Arne clearly recognize that too, that's why he is still lurking in a market for another Winger.... of the current lot that i've seen ARJ certainly seems a head and shoulder above..! i think if they bring in any new winger it'll likely be a higher profile one than just another avg./mediocre one for added numbers in that position..! as such and with their sorta meager budgetary expenditures ... it's more likely to be another loaner .?

from limited view this preseason Ali certainly looked their most dangerous attacking player...!

Comment

Just an interesting stat from WC 2018. Jahnanbakhsh was our only player consistently getting into the top 3 in terms of peak speed.
                                He looks way slower than he actually is.

Image is here as it doesn’t seem to load here
                                https://imgur.com/0qFFfha/
                                Last edited by Nokhodi; 08-04-2022, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X