This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
    Now , to be honest , I do not like your way of communicating here at PFDC , but for the sake of form I would like to give you some kind of answer ;
    Have I insulted you before? Or perhaps you don’t like that I post why JB is sitting on bench? Or why Saeid doesn’t have a club a week into August?

But I appreciate you taking the time to respond…

Comment

I actually live in Rotterdam and follow Feyenoord, and said this already last year when he moved to Feyenoord: It's not a good move for him.

Feyenoord is not his kind of club, here they like to see players run their lungs out instead of playing nice, possession-based, attacking football. Also, Feyenoord fans are absurdly high-demanding, and can really kill a players mental fitness and level of confidence. Many extremely talented players flopped here at Feyenoord, while flourishing elsewhere. It hurts to say this, but Alireza is not really liked by the majority of Feyenoord fans, they actually don't prefer him as part of starting 11!!

If his wannabe agent Mr. Hashemi has any clue (which he most often does not: moving Ali to Brighton and then Feyenoord, 2 consecutive misjudgments!!), he should move Alireza the Fu** out of Feyenoord, asap. He doesn't seem to be the first choice of the coach for the flanks/wings, and his confidence will only deteriorate.

My suggestion for Alireza right now: move to teams Like AZ, Utrecht, Twente, Vitesse in the Netherlands or Anderlecht/Brugge/Gent in Belgium, as I don't expect any interest for him from other leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by CBT View Post
        I actually live in Rotterdam and follow Feyenoord, and said this already last year when he moved to Feyenoord: It's not a good move for him.

Feyenoord is not his kind of club, here they like to see players run their lungs out instead of playing nice, possession-based, attacking football. Also, Feyenoord fans are absurdly high-demanding, and can really kill a players mental fitness and level of confidence. Many extremely talented players flopped here at Feyenoord, while flourishing elsewhere. It hurts to say this, but Alireza is not really liked by the majority of Feyenoord fans, they actually don't prefer him as part of starting 11!!

If his wannabe agent Mr. Hashemi has any clue (which he most often does not: moving Ali to Brighton and then Feyenoord, 2 consecutive misjudgments!!), he should move Alireza the Fu** out of Feyenoord, asap. He doesn't seem to be the first choice of the coach for the flanks/wings, and his confidence will only deteriorate.

My suggestion for Alireza right now: move to teams Like AZ, Utrecht, Twente, Vitesse in the Netherlands or Anderlecht/Brugge/Gent in Belgium, as I don't expect any interest for him from other leagues.
        it's just sad cause back then we were all so happy he was back in NL, and then such a big club...

Comment

damn, he was damn good vs Osasuna and played his heart out ....i was next to sure he cemented his starter position for the first league game vs a tokhmy/avg. opponent at that ..!??
          wonder if he is on specially exuberant $$ contract there and the club is trying to frustrate him into leaving..? especially now before the window closes shortly..?

tbh, there were few times last season too where it seemed to me his performances were being measured by a different yardstick..!! i mean, he may not be sinistera level, game breaking star performer, yet there werent too many others in his position who'd perform better than him overall either and Ali's performances werent near bad enough and subpar to alternatives, to be nailed to bench seemingly perpetually or afforded few trash minutes only ..!!

Comment

In fact, most Feyenoord supporters appreciate his effort and praise his condition.
            What many Feyenoord supporters are critical of is his ball handling and speed (lack of).

I dare say that at least half of "Het legioen" (Feyenoord supporters) still see it in the player.

Your words about Amir Hashemi are quite harsh. Unless you yourself were at the negotiating table with him and ARJ, I wouldn't talk like that....
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I've always thought a move back to AZ would've been better than Feyenoord.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                Have I insulted you before? Or perhaps you don’t like that I post why JB is sitting on bench? Or why Saeid doesn’t have a club a week into August?

But I appreciate you taking the time to respond…
                No, you have never insulted me. But your way of communication (insulting players) is ridiculous to say the least.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Comment

No, you have never insulted me. But your way of communication (insulting players) is ridiculous to say the least.
                  Sorry for the offtopic.
                  Fair enough, I’m usually pessimistic person. But I have an on-topic question for you. It seems there is two interpretations of JB’s situation. Some think he is struggling mentally but still has quality. Others think there’s nothing left in him. Obviously you agree with the former. So if his struggles continue at club is he a starter for you in Qatar?

Comment

In fact, most Feyenoord supporters appreciate his effort and praise his condition.
                    What many Feyenoord supporters are critical of is his ball handling and speed (lack of).

I dare say that at least half of "Het legioen" (Feyenoord supporters) still see it in the player.

Your words about Amir Hashemi are quite harsh. Unless you yourself were at the negotiating table with him and ARJ, I wouldn't talk like that....

I wish it was true man, as I said, I live in Rotterdam and hear this from many segments within the city: They don't appreciate Ali's football, sure he is fit and eager on the training ground, but he doesn't deliver on match day. Prominent pundits and ex-ballers are explicitly questioning his abilities and level, many saying Feyenoord is above his league.....

It's just an unfortunate mismatch, and yes, his agent is definitely to blame in large degree, as its his job to assess all the possibilities and provide the most optimal solution to his client (Ali). He failed miserably on this on two consecutive occasions: 1) Brighton move while Ali had many other offers, 2) installing Ali at Feyenoord after Brighton failure. This so called agent Mr. Hashemi has done jackshi*t for our players, name one transfer he accommodated that actually worked/delivered.

I am not being harsh, just reiterating the painful truth of how an ill-equipped agent can kill a very promising career, it happens all the time. Don't forget how fuc*ing great Ali was during his last year at AZ, his next step should have been way better than fucking Brighton. He should have actually moved to Ajax, gained Champions League experience, and then go onto a big team in Spain/Germany/Italy, he was never suited to the high pace, physical game that is played in the Premier League. And if a simpleton like me can see this, why cant his "hot-shot" agent?? Its not rocket science you know.......

Comment

I wish it was true man, as I said, I live in Rotterdam and hear this from many segments within the city: They don't appreciate Ali's football, sure he is fit and eager on the training ground, but he doesn't deliver on match day. Prominent pundits and ex-ballers are explicitly questioning his abilities and level, many saying Feyenoord is above his league.....
                      It's just an unfortunate mismatch, and yes, his agent is definitely to blame in large degree, as its his job to assess all the possibilities and provide the most optimal solution to his client (Ali). He failed miserably on this on two consecutive occasions: 1) Brighton move while Ali had many other offers, 2) installing Ali at Feyenoord after Brighton failure. This so called agent Mr. Hashemi has done jackshi*t for our players, name one transfer he accommodated that actually worked/delivered.
                      I am not being harsh, just reiterating the painful truth of how an ill-equipped agent can kill a very promising career, it happens all the time. Don't forget how fuc*ing great Ali was during his last year at AZ, his next step should have been way better than fucking Brighton. He should have actually moved to Ajax, gained Champions League experience, and then go onto a big team in Spain/Germany/Italy, he was never suited to the high pace, physical game that is played in the Premier League. And if a simpleton like me can see this, why cant his "hot-shot" agent?? Its not rocket science you know.......
                      I am/was the first to trash talk Potter and Slot but I think we overrated JB from the start. I guess it is because he was one of the first/only legionnaires we had when he joined Holland.

Ok he has one wonderful season with AZ but in an average club of a minor league. Even other eredivisie stars (De ligt, De jong, Ziyech, lozano, Depay etc..) weren't that good after they left abroad.

Except 2 or 3 goals against Ajax and one penalty against Lyon, I don't remember him being good against a big team. With TM he was also far from being impressive until recently (but against Asian opposition). Unfortunately we currently don't have many in form wingers to replace him in TM

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                        Fair enough, I’m usually pessimistic person. But I have an on-topic question for you. It seems there is two interpretations of JB’s situation. Some think he is struggling mentally but still has quality. Others think there’s nothing left in him. Obviously you agree with the former. So if his struggles continue at club is he a starter for you in Qatar?
                        That depends on the development of other players. ATM i would put ARJ in the starting line-up, but who know how players develop at their club the coming months?

this applies to other players as well as to ARJ himself.

Comment

I don't want to contradict you, but I live relatively next door and know not only supporters but also people within the club.

It's not as dramatic as we like to make it here. Of course everyone expected more from ARJ, himself first!
                          And yes, it is as we say here in the Netherlands; "10 minutes before 12 O'Clock"

This mainly means that ARJ has to (continue to) work hard, mentally free his mind and "play" the pressure off his back. And have a bit of luck.

If it doesn't work out until the winter break, it is indeed over @Feyenoord and I think he will be loaned out.
                          BUT not yet.

Comment

ARJ was important at the first goal and made the 2nd & third goal himself in a friendly against Dordrecht'90 ;

Jahanbakhsh takes Feyenoord by the hand in a large practice win

15:56 - Feyenoord made a strong appearance on Tuesday afternoon in a closed practice match against FC Dordrecht. The reserves and youth players that coach Arne Slot sent into the field were 5-0 too strong for the team from the Kitchen Champion Division. Alireza Jahanbakhsh claimed a leading role with two goals.

Jahanbakhsh takes Feyenoord by the hand in a large practice win

Last weekend, Feyenoord's first choice already started the competition well. Five goals were also scored against Vitesse: 2-5. For Jahanbakhsh, who wants to take revenge after a weak debut season, there was no basic place available at the time. He also saw how competitors Patrik Wålemark and Javairô Dilrosun did take their goal. Against Dordrecht, however, the Iranian answered appropriately.

For example, Feyenoord wrote in the match report on the club website how Jahanbakhsh was already important in the pressure after twelve minutes, where Fortuna Sittard target Cole Bassett's 1-0 fell out. The other two goals before half time were taken by Jahanbakhsh himself. In the 35th minute he converted a penalty and less than three minutes later he also managed to promote a free kick from a great distance to a goal.

After the break, the score continued to increase through goals from youth players Noah Naujoks and Aliou Baldé. The team from Rotterdam won 5-0, which gave the club's reserves not only playing minutes, but also confidence. Feyenoord will play its first home game of the season on Saturday evening. SC Heerenveen comes to visit in De Kuip at 9 p.m.

Source: FCUpdate.nl
                            Google translation

Comment

Meanwhile Feyenoord is going to buy yet another winger, Brazilian Igor Paixão from FC Coritiba. Not looking great for Ali

Comment

He is brought in as a replacement for Sinistera. Moreover, as an investment for the medium term, not to be a starting line up player right away.

If ARJ can prove himself in the coming months, there will be sufficient room for being a real part of the first 14-20 players & enough playing time for him.

Let's focus on the positive things around ARJ; According to many around the club, he has a good mentality, he works hard, is well placed in the group and he has had a good preparation.

His substitute against Vitesse was fine and he showed a good game during the practice match yesterday.

There is still room to conquer a place at Feyenoord and Slot is a trainer who wants to occupy all positions twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X