Does Queiroz deserve a Statue: YES or NO - Page 5

View Poll Results: Does Queiroz deserve a statue?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    41 63.08%
  • No

    24 36.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: Does Queiroz deserve a Statue: YES or NO

  1. #41
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    1,229
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 792 Posts
    Rep Power
    51528
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Can you advise where I have called you "IR esque"?
    My point was more of a general theme which incorporates the views of others who seem to dislike or at least not appreciate Queiroz, whether the members who call him "The Mozambican"/"The African" or this kind of thing...
    You started a thread and ask people if they think CQ deserves a statute. Do you want people to just vote? Or do you want to hear their opinions as well? If the whole point of a thread is to have posts, then you should be able to withstand opposing views. And don't get personal with people. You are getting personal with me because you refer to my signature and make conclusions. I wouldn't mind that. But your conclusion my friend is actually wrong. I don't hate or dislike foreigners. I appreciate anyone with any nationality that helps our country. I never hate or hated CQ. I didn't like his defensive park the bus style of football which he has sussed out would bring a lot of love for him because he worked out that most Iranian fans just want to win, they don't care about how they play football. He discovered what Gheyrat means and milked it. We did have decent loses against top teams but he also knew much about Portugal team. So no surprise he knew how not to get beat by that team. I don't hate him. I just don't think he deserves statute. There are many Iranians who are much ahead of him in the queue for statutes. And let me tell you just to refute I don't hate foreigners - I think even Sérgio Conceição is ahead of CQ in the queue for statute. Because he took an old boy Iranian player with talent like a rough diamond and polished him up and turned him into the best Iranian player at top level in our history. A joy to watch.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.

    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roozbeh-G2006 For This Useful Post:


  3. #42
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    642
    Thanked 551 Times in 269 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949727
    Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    sultan ali parvi
    !تو محلهٔ ما علی دمبه صداش میزدند

  4. #43
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    709
    Thanked 6,687 Times in 2,571 Posts
    Rep Power
    23755805
    Quote Originally Posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    You started a thread and ask people if they think CQ deserves a statute. Do you want people to just vote? Or do you want to hear their opinions as well? If the whole point of a thread is to have posts, then you should be able to withstand opposing views. And don't get personal with people. You are getting personal with me because you refer to my signature and make conclusions. I wouldn't mind that. But your conclusion my friend is actually wrong. I don't hate or dislike foreigners. I appreciate anyone with any nationality that helps our country. I never hate or hated CQ. I didn't like his defensive park the bus style of football which he has sussed out would bring a lot of love for him because he worked out that most Iranian fans just want to win, they don't care about how they play football. He discovered what Gheyrat means and milked it. We did have decent loses against top teams but he also knew much about Portugal team. So no surprise he knew how not to get beat by that team. I don't hate him. I just don't think he deserves statute. There are many Iranians who are much ahead of him in the queue for statutes. And let me tell you just to refute I don't hate foreigners - I think even Sérgio Conceição is ahead of CQ in the queue for statute. Because he took an old boy Iranian player with talent like a rough diamond and polished him up and turned him into the best Iranian player at top level in our history. A joy to watch.
    No I am hearing your opinion, where am I stopping you from having a view, lol? The people who dislike him have had as much of a say in this thread as those who are in favour of him.

    You have a right to say whatever you want, and others have a right to respectfully challenge this, no? I am not getting personal with you.

    Is that not free speech?

    Also you accused me of calling you "IR-esque" and haven't told me where I've done that. Can you do so please?

  5. #44
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    peiman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 532 Posts
    Rep Power
    2601940
    He deserves another 10 year contract. Look at where he got us in 8 years.
    Another 10 years and we will be a force to be reckoned with.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

  6. #45
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    709
    Thanked 6,687 Times in 2,571 Posts
    Rep Power
    23755805
    Quote Originally Posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    I think even Sérgio Conceição is ahead of CQ in the queue for statute. Because he took an old boy Iranian player with talent like a rough diamond and polished him up and turned him into the best Iranian player at top level in our history. A joy to watch.
    Your choice of Taremi was an odd one to choose here. SC has been great for his development, but (others aside) did he necessarily polish up the diamond Taremi much more than Carvalhal did?

    And surely there were many involved in the development of this player, no? Including the guy who fast-tracked him over other players who were in Europe, to the anger of many on this forum (at the time), and who forged his move to Portuguese league after years in the wilderness of Qatari league, Turkish moves etc....

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    CQ helping Mehdi move when no longer TM coach :

    "Something Carlos Carvalhal himself mentioned at the end of the meeting between Rio Ave and CD Aves, in which Taremi scored three goals. For the Iranian striker to be there, it took a great deal of persuasion. “Taremi is here a little by accident. It wasn't a player we had the chance to get [for financial reasons]. It came from my persuasiveness and André Vilas-Boas [the former player, who is now Rio Ave's sporting director] and the great help of Carlos Queiroz and his translator. Because the player had to give up a lot of money to come to Rio Ave and to show up in Europe, ”said Carvalhal, after Rio Ave's rout against CD Aves."

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    CQ: “Mehdi Taremi is a great player with the potential to win in Europe. For 4, 5 years, he was a starter in the Iran national team,” the current Colombia coach told BOLA. Queiroz coached Iran from 2011 to 2018 leading the Persian to two consecutive FIFA World Cups 2014 and 2018. Queiroz introduced Taremi to Team Melli of Iran. Carlos Queiroz has no doubt that Rio Ave made the right choice in securing the services of the Iranian striker. “I hope he succeeds, he deserves everything, he is a great player and fantastic person. I never had doubts that he was an excellent player. I can only be proud of this moment and thankful for all he has done for me. He and other players called me Papa and that made me feel awkward but it is something I cannot ignore and always cherish ” Carlos Queiroz said with emotion.

    Taremi: "Carlos Queiroz showed more faith in my than any other coach, it is he who I thank"

    Strange option to choose...

  7. #46
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    2,667
    Thanks
    733
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 918 Posts
    Rep Power
    1314626
    Quote Originally Posted by blue blood View Post
    !تو محلهٔ ما علی دمبه صداش میزدند
    تو محله ما
    در جواب علی دمبه
    میگفتیم
    سرش ملومبه😉

    چقد سره
    علی پروین و ناصر حجازی دعوا میشد.
    استقلالیا میگفتن علی دمبه
    پرسپولیسیا
    میگفتن
    ناصر وافوری .


    فوتبال مااینطوری شد جهانی
    دمبه و وافور

  8. #47
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    1,229
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 792 Posts
    Rep Power
    51528
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Your choice of Taremi was an odd one to choose here. SC has been great for his development, but (others aside) did he necessarily polish up the diamond Taremi much more than Carvalhal did?

    And surely there were many involved in the development of this player, no? Including the guy who fast-tracked him over other players who were in Europe, to the anger of many on this forum (at the time), and who forged his move to Portuguese league after years in the wilderness of Qatari league, Turkish moves etc....

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    CQ helping Mehdi move when no longer TM coach :

    "Something Carlos Carvalhal himself mentioned at the end of the meeting between Rio Ave and CD Aves, in which Taremi scored three goals. For the Iranian striker to be there, it took a great deal of persuasion. “Taremi is here a little by accident. It wasn't a player we had the chance to get [for financial reasons]. It came from my persuasiveness and André Vilas-Boas [the former player, who is now Rio Ave's sporting director] and the great help of Carlos Queiroz and his translator. Because the player had to give up a lot of money to come to Rio Ave and to show up in Europe, ”said Carvalhal, after Rio Ave's rout against CD Aves."

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    CQ: “Mehdi Taremi is a great player with the potential to win in Europe. For 4, 5 years, he was a starter in the Iran national team,” the current Colombia coach told BOLA. Queiroz coached Iran from 2011 to 2018 leading the Persian to two consecutive FIFA World Cups 2014 and 2018. Queiroz introduced Taremi to Team Melli of Iran. Carlos Queiroz has no doubt that Rio Ave made the right choice in securing the services of the Iranian striker. “I hope he succeeds, he deserves everything, he is a great player and fantastic person. I never had doubts that he was an excellent player. I can only be proud of this moment and thankful for all he has done for me. He and other players called me Papa and that made me feel awkward but it is something I cannot ignore and always cherish ” Carlos Queiroz said with emotion.

    Taremi: "Carlos Queiroz showed more faith in my than any other coach, it is he who I thank"

    Strange option to choose...
    This is a pointless to and fro. There are many who claim to have discovered and helped Taremi on his way. But who polished him up and made him the player he is now? My example wasn't a serious suggestion and was just to point out that there are many people who could have a statute. In fact, if that was allowed, there would be more statute propped up in the streets of Theran than actual people.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.

    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

  9. #48
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    DR Strangemoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    709
    Thanked 6,687 Times in 2,571 Posts
    Rep Power
    23755805
    Quote Originally Posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    This is a pointless to and fro. There are many who claim to have discovered and helped Taremi on his way. But who polished him up and made him the player he is now? My example wasn't a serious suggestion and was just to point out that there are many people who could have a statute. In fact, if that was allowed, there would be more statute propped up in the streets of Theran than actual people.
    Probably Carvalhal, SC and Queiroz. (With honourable mention to Daei) All three polished the diamond and had a huge impact on his trajectory. It's really difficult to separate one from the rest, like Carvalhal showed faith in Mehdi from day one (unlike SC who benched him for months) and really got him into shape on the pitch. I can't say he had less of an impact than SC in building this player.

    Good to give credit where credit's due.

  10. #49
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    834
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 406 Times in 218 Posts
    Rep Power
    3608126
    Quote Originally Posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    Add Ak8 to that list for his footballing skills and the joy he brought when active.
    (i know some will jump on this and argue he had to many disputes.. but he shure entertained us like nobody else at those years.
    I have hard time seing we will have anybody playing the game like he did, we will be very lucky if this happens again.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    ]

    Arguably Iran's most talented and skilled player EVER! We most likely wont see another player like him. I truly miss those early to mid 2000s during his prime. I remember when he joined Bayern Munchen I bought their subscription so I could see his games and interviews because back then there werent youtube pages and such. Used to rush to get off work so I could come home and watch the Bundesliga games.
    VIVA K8RIMI

  11. #50
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Ali Doust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,841
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked 3,370 Times in 1,293 Posts
    Rep Power
    3269291
    Forget Statue. Lets build a shrine for him and worship him like we do for those characters from 1400 years ago.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali Doust For This Useful Post:

    AGC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 159

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 104.99 Kb. compressed to 95.05 Kb. by saving 9.94 Kb. (9.47%)]