No announcement yet.

Does Queiroz deserve a Statue: YES or NO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of respect for CQ, no doubt. Statue yes if we had won the World Cup, too much Irooni bazi otherwise.
    Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

We should build statues all around Azadi complex, with our profiles. After they ended their careers, like atleast 5 years has passed. Karimi, Daei, Azizi, some 1900-2000 players. One day, Beiranvand after 5 years retirement.. a Ghucci statue celebrating goal vs korea.. and so on

All goalscorers so far at wc. And so on. Same for great coaching achievments.

Cq for concecutive WC, and everything else. And 8 years service.
      Talebi for 98, coach for u17wc sucess, Skocic for his record and saving our campaign. (even if i say he should be replaced by cq)
      A hall of fame.

Would be a great feature around the stadium. Maybe also qdd a park area there with statues.
      That woulb be better than only one statue, more fair to all great profiles.

Young kids kan go read about them, be inspired, and dream of their own statues..
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
        We should build statues all around Azadi complex, with our profiles. After they ended their careers, like atleast 5 years has passed. Karimi, Daei, Azizi, some 1900-2000 players. One day, Beiranvand after 5 years retirement.. a Ghucci statue celebrating goal vs korea.. and so on

All goalscorers so far at wc. And so on. Same for great coaching achievments.

Cq for concecutive WC, and everything else. And 8 years service.
        Talebi for 98, coach for u17wc sucess, Skocic for his record and saving our campaign. (even if i say he should be replaced by cq)
        A hall of fame.

Would be a great feature around the stadium. Maybe also qdd a park area there with statues.
        That woulb be better than only one statue, more fair to all great profiles.

Young kids kan go read about them, be inspired, and dream of their own statues..
        You got to be careful who you make statutes of. Otherwise you will have so many players feeling discriminated against. You should only make statutes of truly phenomenon players who have achieved at the highest level, like won world cup or hold world record. Known and respected worldwide someone like Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi. The only one we have that could deserve a statute is Ali Daei. And he has stadium named after him anyway.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
          You got to be careful who you make statutes of. Otherwise you will have so many players feeling discriminated against. You should only make statutes of truly phenomenon players who have achieved at the highest level, like won world cup or hold world record. Known and respected worldwide someone like Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi. The only one we have that could deserve a statute is Ali Daei. And he has stadium named after him anyway.
          Fair point
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

FFS, why are we reducing ourselves to the level of nepal???
            was CQ good for ourfootball? given his entire 8 year tenure, I'd say yes. he was. he did a lot.

But to elevate him to such status that deserves a statue is completely ridiculous.
            for starters, he didnt win ANYTHING for us.
            He failed in two asia cups.
            His first WC also left a lot to be desired given we just parked the bus.

as for his benefits, a lot has been said which I agree with most of it.

so we can hail him as a successful TM coach. But plz for god's sake do not reduce us to nepal's or burukinafasu levels
            have some self respect plz

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              FFS, why are we reducing ourselves to the level of nepal???
              was CQ good for ourfootball? given his entire 8 year tenure, I'd say yes. he was. he did a lot.

But to elevate him to such status that deserves a statue is completely ridiculous.
              for starters, he didnt win ANYTHING for us.
              He failed in two asia cups.
              His first WC also left a lot to be desired given we just parked the bus.

as for his benefits, a lot has been said which I agree with most of it.

so we can hail him as a successful TM coach. But plz for god's sake do not reduce us to nepal's or burukinafasu levels
              have some self respect plz
              soo whats up with the nepal and burkinafaso downplay?
              that was uncalled for..
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

^ correct.
                If anyone here is from nepal or burkinafasu, I'd like to say they are my 2nd most favorite teams.
                so no hard feelings,ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                  ^ correct.
                  If anyone here is from nepal or burkinafasu, I'd like to say they are my 2nd most favorite teams.
                  so no hard feelings,ok?
                  Lol 😅
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Of course he deserves a statue lol. It would be foolish to think this man doesn't deserve a statue.

There's a project I've put aside for a few years now which is supposed to highlight every single action by Carlos Queiroz which helped benefit not just our national team but our football as a whole.

I haven't started on it but I have a bunch of notes. The thing about these projects is that you have to be quick and save clips, news letters, articles and etc. Otherwise it'll half assed. And I don't think CQ deserves a half assed video highlighting his contributions.

I decided not to work on it/upload it because when Juan Perron arrived it was time to move on. The tribute videos were enough. I was also getting PM'ed/comments of hate by religious maniacs who hate Carlos. So I decided to lay off another tribute for CQ. It was time to move on.

But I'm working on it little by little to highlight many of his contributions. From defending the fans, his team/staff, to being sarcastic towards the forehead branded idiots during Ashoura (I've been looking for that video everywhere and still haven't found the clip. It was genius). He basically taunts Asadi guilting him back with something like, "This is the month of Hossein, so I don't speak. Others speak badly during this month and preach religion. But I respect this month so I don't speak." Enghadr ghashang goft ke tamaame tahanaashoono service kard

Anyways, Carlos Queiroz for sure deserves a statue.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      No because:
                      A) Statues are dumb. Only useful for bird to shit on.
                      B) In principal, not a huge fan of celebrating foreigners unless they did some very meaningful like saving lives of Iranians or some shit like that.
                      C) his greatest achievement with Iran (Morocco win) happened because some bald dude forgot how to head the ball.
                      D) He was a decent bus driver, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

nOt a HuGe fAn of CeLeBrAtInG fOrEiGnErS UnLeSs....wow you must be fun at parties.

Comment

Statues are for ex commie east euro countries. Statues for this and that in true abero rizi style.

Comment

Also I see hojat ol CQ at it with fatwas. Beware of the high priest Taz!

So cultish and creepy. Reminds me of those maradona altars raised by crazy napoli fans

Comment

Well if he gets a statue some day, I hope they put someone on it that makes a proper one, there have been a few less great ones over the years. This one on his fellow portugese countryman 😆
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

This one is hilarious aswell.
                              Beckham was pissed 😅
                              https://youtu.be/bF014EUJrSI
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Were 5 months away from the world cup and these re-tarded threads exist.. Who gives a god dam about some statue of an ex coach?!
                                You just got Caged
                                K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X